CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Eagle buykrux is on a distinguished road

Club Storage Burns Down

i wakeup today to my dad on the phone saying the club storage at our club burns down
    nothing left but a few club heads here and there
    everything else is burnt to a crisp and melted together
    now to fight with the insurance company for some new sticks

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by buykrux View Post
    i wakeup today to my dad on the phone saying the club storage at our club burns down
    nothing left but a few club heads here and there
    everything else is burnt to a crisp and melted together
    now to fight with the insurance company for some new sticks

That is terrible news. Really sorry to hear that. Until your insurance claim is finished, if you need any clubs in the meantime, just ask. I'll do my best to help you and your dad out.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

hes got a backup set in the garage thank god
    but he doesnt know if he can still order ping eye 2+ to the specs he use to have still
    i say get a NEW set, especially if its going threw the insurance company
    but theres probably 250 sets gone, all the carts, all the electronic kaddys, gps, rangefinders, bags, etc

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    sorry dude, get the insurance claim and get some sick new sticks.. In the mean time, Im sure geoff will buy all the heads that are melted together LOL
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

haha well i guess we will see what irons are the most durable lol

Driver tacks451 is on a distinguished road tacks451's Avatar

clubs

Im sick to my stomach, I spoke to some guys from the club also and they are saddened and say nothing is left!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well now you can get some face forward irons

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Wow, that is just terrible news.......

is it really a big deal?? Just clubs, no one was hurt correct? You guys are acting like someone died! Insurance claim, new clubs.. done
    willy

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    is it really a big deal?? Just clubs, no one was hurt correct? You guys are acting like someone died! Insurance claim, new clubs.. done
    Have you ever dealt with insurance before SW??

Not to be Mr. Doom and Gloom, but I'm betting that a healthy percentage of the folks who lost there clubs won't see a cent until long after the golf season is over

Insurance companies are all too ready to take you money, but they don't hand it over nearly as easily

cart and club storage burnt down

Kingsville Golf Club- cart and club storage area

Yea it is gonna be a pain in the butt, i wonder if the club covers some of it under there insurance? But just adding it up thus far its gonna be big money to replace everything
    Attached Images

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Which course is that?

ok i just got back from the course
    apparently the course is not covering ANYTHING because you sign a waiver saying that the golf course is not responsible for any damaged lost or stolen golf clubs. there has already been a few people who do not have homeowners insurance because they live in apartments and chose not to get it. so apparently they dont get anything.
    i think i left my ipod and my oakleys in my bag
    Attached Images

don't tell me thatttttttttttttttttttttttt

yeah i talked to jeremy and kah, every person has to make a separate claim and KG&CC is not covering anything
    they may call in ping and mizuno for some demo clubs and have them bring the vans or offer discounts on sets but i doubt it

btw you might want to fix your whats in the bag, you dont even have a bag now

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Have you ever dealt with insurance before SW??

Not to be Mr. Doom and Gloom, but I'm betting that a healthy percentage of the folks who lost there clubs won't see a cent until long after the golf season is over

Insurance companies are all too ready to take you money, but they don't hand it over nearly as easily

actuary....
    willy

btw you might want to fix your whats in the bag, you dont even have a bag now
    LOL, you are one cold cold dude. I love it
    willy

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    ok i just got back from the course
    apparently the course is not covering ANYTHING because you sign a waiver saying that the golf course is not responsible for any damaged lost or stolen golf clubs. there has already been a few people who do not have homeowners insurance because they live in apartments and chose not to get it. so apparently they dont get anything.
    i think i left my ipod and my oakleys in my bag
    Waivers do not absolve them of all responsibility, no matter what they tell you. A lot depends on how the fire was caused, which is likely still under investigation. Talk to your insurance company and/or get legal help - there might even be a lawyer among your members who's clubs just got melted.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    250 members threatening to walk if the club doesn't pony up the cash would probably go a long way to having them replace some clubs.

see now this is what i think
    they club says "hey we will give you HALF your deductible if you buy your clubs threw us"
    people are going to be spending atleast 1500+ on ALL new equipment, everything from gloves to balls to bags to clubs
    if they can chop off 250 from the price, i think majority of people would be willing to deal threw them

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    250 members threatening to walk if the club doesn't pony up the cash would probably go a long way to having them replace some clubs.

Good Luck with that. I work at a private course in the Back Shop. Posted right on the door to the Back Shop is a sign stating the club is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen goods.

As for dealing with insurance companies, I have never heard of anyone having a hard time. Go to a golf store, get a written estimate of the replacement costs. Submit that to the insurance company. Wait for the ok, and if it doesn's come ASAP call, call and call again until it does.

I have replacement costs covered so everything would be brand new if my sticks were stolen, or in this case lost in a fire.

BTW, my Uncle used to be the Super at Kingsville Golf & CC. Years ago. In fact my Grandparents lived right across the road from the course and two of my Uncles still do. Never played there though
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

well lets hope the insurance companys wont be any trouble
    and we can remember what was in our bags
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 06-27-2008 at 07:58 AM.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    Good Luck with that. I work at a private course in the Back Shop. Posted right on the door to the Back Shop is a sign stating the club is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen goods.
    The REAL purpose of a waiver is to stop people from suing - that's what the golf club really wants (probably at the insistence of the golf club's insurance company). If there was ANY negligence by the club or one of its employees which contributed to this fire, then I doubt that those signed waivers will be worth the paper they were printed on.

If I was a member there, I would be setting up a meeting of all the members affected and passing the hat to get some legal advice - especially if I had to shell out some $$$ from my own pocket anyway. You might be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post

As for dealing with insurance companies, I have never heard of anyone having a hard time. Go to a golf store, get a written estimate of the replacement costs. Submit that to the insurance company. Wait for the ok, and if it doesn's come ASAP call, call and call again until it does.

I have replacement costs covered so everything would be brand new if my sticks were stolen, or in this case lost in a fire.

BTW, my Uncle used to be the Super at Kingsville Golf & CC. Years ago. In fact my Grandparents lived right across the road from the course and two of my Uncles still do. Never played there though
    Rick - You're forgetting one little thing...........PROOF that you actually OWNED what you say you owned if you don't have receipts or a video inventory they WILL give you a hard time. Also unless you have a special rider the chances of having $1000's worth of high-end golf equipment replaced is between zero and none. I have a special rider on my sticks at the strong suggestion of my agent

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Rick - You're forgetting one little thing...........PROOF that you actually OWNED what you say you owned if you don't have receipts or a video inventory they WILL give you a hard time. Also unless you have a special rider the chances of having $1000's worth of high-end golf equipment replaced is between zero and none. I have a special rider on my sticks at the strong suggestion of my agent
    this is the main thing i was concerned about
    you dont usually keep receipts for golf stiff because most guys have had the same stuff for a while and its not like you can go and return it once you bought it
    alot of people by stuff used as well
    i guess we will just have to see how it goes

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    i buy just about everything used so i don't have receipts. Now's the time to grab your camera and take pictures of what you have (and don't stop with your clubs).
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

this is the main thing i was concerned about
    you dont usually keep receipts for golf stiff because most guys have had the same stuff for a while and its not like you can go and return it once you bought it
    alot of people by stuff used as well
    i guess we will just have to see how it goes
    I hear ya loud and clear Buykrux!!

Hopefully everything works out well for you

Things should really work as Golfbum described them, but it has been my experience over the years this is not the case...... My Father owns one of the largest auto repair shops in the Maritimes so I'm very, very familiar with how the insurance companies work

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    At the risk of getting my head chewed off, I tell my customers that they are better off settling small (under $2000) home insurance claims themselves. First, you'll have your deductible to pay, then you lose your claims-free discount. Then, god forbid something major happens where you really don't have a choice about claiming or not. Now you've had 2 claims on your property policy. You will likely be dropped by your insurance company! If you want to see expensive, try shopping around your house with 2 claims. I know nobody likes to hear this but it is a cold reality of the marketplace. As regards the waiver, I believe the waiver for property damage is valid. A waiver for bodily injury is not valid.
    Andrew

well
    so far the word is 100% coverage
    new sticks when we get the OK

Thread Information