CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Rocco Mediate says comments don't bother him

Rocco Mediate says he's not bothered by NBC golf analyst Johnny Miller saying the 45-year old golfer "looks like the guy who cleans Tiger's swimming pool," and "Guys with the name 'Rocco' don't get on the trophy" during the U.S. Open.

More...

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Rocco, always the gentleman.

Why the golf announcers constantly kiss Woods' behind is beyond me. They all must be trying to get on his Christmas Gift List
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Rocco is a real class act. He would be wonderful to play some golf and chew the fat with.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I don't know, I watched and listened and it sure seemed to me that Miller's intent in saying those things was to play up how well Rocco was doing. I think he was trying to make clear that in a situation where most journeyman player types crumble, Rocco was in fact thriving. I don't see how that is kissing Tiger's behind, if anything it was the opposite. Basically saying that Tiger couldn't put away Rocco, and then emphasizing that Rocco isn't anywhere near the player Tiger is, hardly seems like sucking up.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    what an idiot, why would you say something like that on TV even if you did believe it? So stupid
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    what an idiot, why would you say something like that on TV even if you did believe it? So stupid
    I think it's the same reason certain people often say stupid things on the forum... to get a reaction...
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

i only dumb things down for certain people...
    willy

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Add this to the list of Millerisms. What he was trying to convey and how it came out were two different things.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    The class of people for whom you "dumb things down" must be incalculably large!

When do you want to play Madawaska? The little course with a lot of bite is waiting for you. Send me a PM if you're interested.

i only dumb things down for certain people...

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    The class of people for whom you "dumb things down" must be incalculably large!

When do you want to play Madawaska? The little course with a lot of bite is waiting for you. Send me a PM if you're interested.
    when you are as smart as I am you have to dumb things down for pretty much everyone. If that madawaska invite is for me, I'll play you next time i'm in town I'm must warn you I'm down to an 18.1 this boy has game! I thought you were at manderly still
    willy

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    when you are as smart as I am you have to dumb things down for pretty much everyone. If that madawaska invite is for me, I'll play you next time i'm in town I'm must warn you I'm down to an 18.1 this boy has game! I thought you were at manderly still
    .........I'll put 50 loons on Mikey giving the strokes,......Oh ya I forgot I'm broke.........Nevermind!!!!!

mike is a 7 I think so I'll take the 11 strokes and take your 50 loons as well
    willy

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Is that 18.1 strokes per hole?

As for Rocco, I would much rather play 18 holes with him than Woods. Of course I know some of you will think I am an idiot. I think Rocco would be more fun to play a round of golf with.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Why the golf announcers constantly kiss Woods' behind is beyond me. They all must be trying to get on his Christmas Gift List

They kiss his ass for the same reason you are always NEGATIVE about Tiger... both ridiculous.

I am pretty sure the thread was about Rocco...

If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Right on

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    I don't know, I watched and listened and it sure seemed to me that Miller's intent in saying those things was to play up how well Rocco was doing. I think he was trying to make clear that in a situation where most journeyman player types crumble, Rocco was in fact thriving. I don't see how that is kissing Tiger's behind, if anything it was the opposite. Basically saying that Tiger couldn't put away Rocco, and then emphasizing that Rocco isn't anywhere near the player Tiger is, hardly seems like sucking up.

Very well put, that is exactly what I got from his commnets as well.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information