100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Andru

John Daly's gear

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.aspx?page=17300

Check out Daly's gear.

You mean to tell me you don't have to spend 70 /dozen for golf balls to shoot low scores????

Dunlop LOCO golf balls. I'm sure they're tricked up a bit but I can't beleive they're going to cost $70 a dozen when they're released.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    I found the Loco to be a nice ball - they have about 4 different versions now. Daly signed a sponsorship deal with Dunlop at the beginning of the season. I find it interesting that quite a few pros seem to have switched to a Taylor Made 500 series driver even though they have sponsorship deals with another manufacturer (Daly this week, VJ last week).
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Andru
    VJ and daly have been using the TM 500 drivers since last year. I know for sure they used them at the PGA among other players including Olazabal ( No Macgregor here ) he was using a taylor made and Badds ( another macgregor guy ) was using a titlieist. I don't know about this year though.

Cheers

3 Wood wopstergolf is on a distinguished road wopstergolf's Avatar
    daly was using a titleist 983k driver until the end of last season, and aaron baddely has been using a macgregor eye-o-matic for almost a year now.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by wopstergolf
    daly was using a titleist 983k driver until the end of last season, and aaron baddely has been using a macgregor eye-o-matic for almost a year now.
    Nope I was at the PGA Championship in Rochester and Stood 2 feet from their bags, Badds was NOT using a macgregor driver. It was a titleist 983E I saw it with my own eyes. Could have been only during the practice round but, I saw him during the first round as well from about 10 feet it looked like the same driver.

Daly. My mistake you're right he was using a titleist. I remembered it was one or the other. I saw a lot of pros playing taylor made and titliest even though their bags and hats said otherwise.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    Dunlop LOCO golf balls. I'm sure they're tricked up a bit but I can't beleive they're going to cost $70 a dozen when they're released.
    Where did you hear that? That would go completely against Dunlop's philosophy of affordable golf for all.

VJ and daly have been using the TM 500 drivers since last year. I know for sure they used them at the PGA among other players including Olazabal ( No Macgregor here ) he was using a taylor made and Badds ( another macgregor guy ) was using a titlieist. I don't know about this year though.
    This kind of thing has been going on forever on tour. It's more prevalent now days because of Tiger. He has a well known clause in his contract with Nike that allows him to basically throw their clubs in the trash until they get them right, and use whatever he wants in the mean time. Most pros can't be that picky but their agents usually get the OEM's to be flexible with drivers and putters.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Dunlop LoCo balls are on sale at Walmart carling avenue. A dozen brand new ball for $13. I have been playing with them' and they are nothing less than higher priced balls.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    Where did you hear that? That would go completely against Dunlop's philosophy of affordable golf for all.
    Sorry I wasn't clear. I didn't mean to say they are 70 bucks or will be. I was commenting on this fact: Daly used a prototype LOCO ball. Which probably isn't (Lo)w (Co)mpression. and if dunlop is going to release these to the market they sure as heck won't cost 70 bucks a dozen like. The Pro V1, Hogan Apex, etc etc etc.

I'm curious how much they will cost. Top Flite ( aka Callaway ) has managed to put a premium price on their name with Strata. I'm curious how Dunlop will try to market this golf ball if they ever do. People like playing what the pros play.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Dunlop has a new performance line coming out that features a model called the Moebius. It's got patterns of odd shaped dimples. The same as the new Dunlop 65u, which by the way is a very nice ball that's really stable in the wind and has good spin. It's probably the best ball I've ever played for under $30/dozen.

The new ball has the same urethane cover as the 65, and the same core. The difference is that it has a "micro-wound" layer similar to the old Maxfli Revolution (they were stupid to stop making that ball) that they say will enhance the spin and feel. I'll definitely be giving it a go, especially if the price is similar.

And if I can get my hands on that LoCo Pro ball...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Lob Wedge RCGA is on a distinguished road
    http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.aspx?page=17300

Check out Daly's gear.

You mean to tell me you don't have to spend 70 /dozen for golf balls to shoot low scores????

Are you sure? $70 a dozen is more then I would pay for 2 dozen ProV's let alone a dunlop ball, I hope I can find a few in the woods to hit

Gap Wedge haribo is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    This kind of thing has been going on forever on tour. It's more prevalent now days because of Tiger. He has a well known clause in his contract with Nike that allows him to basically throw their clubs in the trash until they get them right, and use whatever he wants in the mean time. Most pros can't be that picky but their agents usually get the OEM's to be flexible with drivers and putters.

Most Pro's that have a club deal are only committed to use 9 or 10 clubs. Irons mostly. What the choose to play for the remaining clubs is up to them. With all that tee-up money available from Taylor Made or Callaway and others they can pick and play whatever they like without missing a beat financially.
    Also, no agent is picking a pro's gear. These guys are very careful about that and make sure they get the right stuff for their game. With all that money that's up for grab's in tournaments Pro's cannot afford to do anything but. Some of them even choose to forego a club deal so that they can play whatever they want. They make enough with their 'shoe, glove & ball' deals, plus the ad space on hat and bag.

haribo

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by RCGA
    Are you sure? $70 a dozen is more then I would pay for 2 dozen ProV's let alone a dunlop ball, I hope I can find a few in the woods to hit
    Pr0 v's are about 50-60 dollars a dozen in the stores. You can get them for 30 bucks. The one-hit-wonder type or sometimes you can get lucky and score a deal on EBay.

Or from what I've heard play the TPC in Scotsdale and swipe some from the driving range

Thread Information