100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Myrtle Beach

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar

Myrtle Beach

Just got back from Myrtle Beach, it was the first time I had ever been there, and I plan to go back.

A buddy and I went down on the Masters Package from Myrtle Beach National, www.mbn.com. It's a good selection of courses spread throughout Myrtle Beach. I didn't see any alligators, but I saw a few island greens, and some very good conditions. The worst course we played was a very good high-end course in this area. We played early morning tee times, and even with starting some rounds after 8:00, we still got in 36 holes on the days we planned to play them. We got rained out of our scheduled round Thursday morning, but the rain stopped and we snuck in a round at the TPC - Myrtle Beach, a great track. Replays were cheap, $22-26 which included cart, which seemed to be manditory everywhere.

I took a bunch of pictures, a 150 or so, so when I get them uploaded to a site, if people are interested, I can post a link.

Here's a funny one. A few of the courses had big waste bunkers that doubled as cart path...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Andru
    I forgot what grass looks like. Must have been really sweet. Sure would love to see a few pics.

Cheers

Sand Wedge Moose is on a distinguished road
    I've been to MB about 14 times and am planning a trip for next year. Would be interested to know which high end course was not in good shape. As we will be playing 6 top rated courses, I would want to know if that was one that we were going to play. Was that picture from Long Bay?. Where did you stay?
    putterking

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mathews
    I've been to MB about 14 times and am planning a trip for next year. Would be interested to know which high end course was not in good shape. As we will be playing 6 top rated courses, I would want to know if that was one that we were going to play. Was that picture from Long Bay?. Where did you stay?
    We stayed at the Sea Mist resort on the Masters Package. The picture above was from Long Bay. We also played Kings North, River Club, MBN West and Southcreek, Carolina National, TPC and Willbrook. We got rained out Thursday morning at Litchfield.

Kings North had aerified their greens on the 23 of January and River Club was aerating the day we were playing, so greens were inconsistent.

If you are the same Putterking on the MB Golf Talk forum, I've got a full trip report there, I put it up last night.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

Golf Packages

Hello folks, if anyone needs any help setting up their golf vacation packages, please come visit www.eatdrinksleepgolf.com Thanks.

EDSGOLF

4 Iron ShaneOttawa is on a distinguished road
    [QUOTE=Colby] I didn't see any alligators, but I saw a few island greens, and some very good conditions. QUOTE]

I half-thought there might be 'gators first time I went to Myrtle Beach. Locals told me there simply aren't any that far north. They are sometimes sighted as far north as the Hilton Head area, but they aren't common. Anyone ever see a gator in SC?

[QUOTE=ShaneOttawa]
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    I didn't see any alligators, but I saw a few island greens, and some very good conditions. QUOTE]

I half-thought there might be 'gators first time I went to Myrtle Beach. Locals told me there simply aren't any that far north. They are sometimes sighted as far north as the Hilton Head area, but they aren't common. Anyone ever see a gator in SC?
    I've been told that you see gators if you play Oyster Bay, more marsh, closer to the ocean. February might have been a bit cold, as there were warning signs all around Kings North
    Colby

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    There are gators in Myrtle last year when we went down in the first week of april we saw two while playing. Unfourtunatly it rained everyday we were there.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

Unhappy

I've seen some gators at The Witch and Willbrook a few years back. Better brush up on the Crocodile Hunter show!

EDSGolf.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

lots of Gators

at the Pearl and Angel's Trace. If your ball goes in a pond, just leave it be.

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road

gators

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    at the Pearl and Angel's Trace. If your ball goes in a pond, just leave it be.
    have been to myrtle several times and at this time of year its not so much the gators you have to look for, its the snakes...we were told at one course not to go looking for lost balls, and even on the fairways when it was sunny and warm to watch where we were reaching for as the snakes come out of hibernation at this time of year...and sure enough, once we started looking we could see them on the paths anywhere that held heat...
    as far as gators go just about every course we played at on hilton head had gators and lots of them..one of they guys had never seen one up close and we found a baby in one of the sand traps near a pond..he was kinda playing with it and we told him to be careful as where where was a baby the mother wasnt far away...at that point one of the other guys threw a rock into the water and yelled look out...first guys feet didnt touch the green as he went running the other way.....

Thread Information