CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Bouche

Chateau Cartier?

hey guys,

just wondering if anyone has played Chateau this year.

Playing my first match in my EG championship and I have never player the course before.

Green Speeds...Fast or Slow? Do they roll nicely? Sticky Greens (need to decide which ball I need to bring)? Lots of water?

Tight course or is it tight with OB?!

What holes do I leave the driver?

I also noticed the first hole is only 272?? Can I hit a Wood?

Anything would help. Thanks guys!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    After playing it a few times this year I would say that the green speeds are fairly slow, especially if your comparing to a course like Camelot Bouche. I would give them a 6.5 out of 10 due to some rough spots and overall roll.

It's not an overly tight course by any stretch and there's a holes you can definitely go OB right or into Water which comes into play on 2-3 holes on the front. You can go OB right on #2, #4, #5, #7, #8 for sure and I would say that you could play the course easily without driver and stil make lots of birdies.

There are two sub 300 yard par 4's one having a very elevated tee that you could probably reach with a good 3 wood. On the first hole you could get there with a wood or a 2 iron as i've been on the fringe a few times hitting a 2 iron.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    It's not an overly tight course by any stretch and there's a holes you can definitely go OB right or into Water which comes into play on 2-3 holes on the front. You can go OB right on #2, #4, #5, #7, #8 for sure and I would say that you could play the course easily without driver and still make lots of birdies.
    I'm pretty sure there is water right on #4 rather than OB. You still don't want to go there.

There is also OB right on #1, #9, #10 and #18. There is also the driving range on the left of #2, but I don't remember if it is actually marked as OB or not.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    There are two sub 300 yard par 4's one having a very elevated tee that you could probably reach with a good 3 wood. On the first hole you could get there with a wood or a 2 iron as i've been on the fringe a few times hitting a 2 iron.
    From what I've heard, Bouche might be able to reach the green on #18 too.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    #1 is definitely reachable, but you need to curve it right-to-left a little. OB right. Don't go too far over with the tee shot.
    #2 reachable par-5. OB right all the way faily close to the fairway. Range is on the far left, not marked OB. Elevated green, slopes back-to-front a little.
    #3 OB far right, but you're shooting away from it. Green slopes back-to-front slightly.
    #4 has a ditch at 200-something, after which it turns and narrows quite a bit - just hit an iron.
    #5 water all the way right, but you want to be close to the center of the fairway to shorten the second shot, which is over water to a large green. Wind can be a factor on second shot, as that area is devoid of trees. Don't go right and long.
    #6 the green is very deep, although you can't see it off the tee, I'd say around 15yards. Trouble left, right, short and long
    #7 OB way right, waste area left. Big fairway. I think over the green is trouble, but don't remember exactly.
    #8 has a ditch that is reachable with a driver. I get the impression you're very long off the tee, so you might be able to go over it. If you don't it's 200 yards to a large flat green. OB right. The hole turns right at the ditch.
    #9 don't go right or long of the green, you won't find your ball. There're banks that kick it straight into the trees and OB. Left is ok, but you might have to chip under a tree. Short is the only bail-out.
    #10 you can definitely fly the pond with a driver, but you better be straight. OB right, water and trees left. Green is elevated, small and hard to hold. I seem to remember it slopes back-to-front, but don't quote me on that.
    #11 Very elevated tee, definitely drivable. Left or right might have you behind a Christmas tree or two.
    #12 Uphill long par 4. Ideally, curve the tee shot right-to-left a little. Lots of room on the left, string of trees and next fairway to the right.
    #13 Green slopes left-to-right and back-to-front. If you miss it, do it to the right and short.
    #14 Green slopes severely back to front. If you're not short of the pin, you'll have a very difficult two-putt. If the keeper is having a bad day, he'll put the pin on the ridge in the middle of the green, which makes it impossible to stop a putt close to it unless you're putting uphill.
    #15 No trouble here as long as you clear the water. Often plays into the wind.
    #16 Slight dogleg right. Range on the left. Large green slopes quite a bit left-to-right and it's very hard to see, so plan for extra break.
    #17 green is about 50yards uphill and pretty small. I take at least 2 extra clubs, but usually have trouble holding it. There's a small bail-out area pin-high on the left. Right and/or long is trouble. Short usually rolls back down.
    #18 is a blind, but straight, tee-shot way downhill. A shot of 220yards or so will catch the slope and roll to the 100-120yards. Parking lot on the right, light woods and #16 on the left.

Overall, it's a pretty forgiving course. Most holes you can miss fairways and still have a good shot at the green (unless you're in the water or OB that is Fairways themselves are pretty wide and flat.

Good luck! You'll have your hands full with Crenshaw!

Bouche
    Thanks Krolik!! Ill let ya know how it goes. Should be fun considering i have never played the course before.

Advantage: Rain doesnt hurt my game

Bouche
    Well it was a crappy day out there. Managed to shoot 81 even with 2 balls OB (stupid 5wood!!) and 2 hazard penalties. We were even after 18 so we had to play #1 again. Probably the worst hole on the course personally. I find it a mickey mouse hole (and 17). Anyways, I hit 7 iron down the middle to about 90 yards and crenshaw hit his driver. He landed it on the cart path and it ended up 5 yards in front of the green. He put his chip a foot from the pin and tapped in his birdie putt. Not the greatest way for him to win but I had a heck of a time! It was a great match close all the way through!

Greens rolled nicely. They were fast compared to other courses around the ottawa area

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    17 is one of the dumbest holes in the city.

3 Iron Gray1512 is on a distinguished road
    I like the course, but have to agree 17 (and 1 to a lesser extent) are poor holes. I've no idea what you're supposed to hit on 17 to hold the green...most of us don't carry 9 woods!

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    17 is one of the dumbest holes in the city.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I heard on the radio that Chateau Cartier resort & golf course filed for bankruptcy today.
    Andrew

Hybrid Silversnake is on a distinguished road

Cartier

Played it last Mon (23rd), it was raining till about noon and we teed off at 11:18am. Let me tell you the greens were wickedly fast. I expected them to be slow due to the amount of rain we had but it didn't seem to affect the speed one bit. I did not go to the practice green due to the rain.

Well I am not surprised at Cartier filing for bankruptcy. There were only a few cars in the lot when we arrived so I expected that they would give us a deal due to the rain, many courses do lower their rates especially when the course is empty. Nope not Cartier, we paid $73 for green fees and 1/2 cart. Come on guys you could give a deal when it's raining and nobody is on the course.

And to get to hole 17, RETARDED lol On the card, if I recall, it says it plays at 155. I dropped to my 7iron, which is normally my 170-180y club. I hit a hard 7iron and stuck the green pin high.

All in all the course is in good shape and the greens were fast. The course is pretty much setup in front of you.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I herd the same on the radio that they filled last friday.Wonder if this includes the golf course?.

Thread Information