CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What a putt!!

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar

What a putt!!

That putt Tiger just made was insane!! I left the couch.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Of all the golfers I have ever seen he certainly has a knack for making something big out what looks like nothing.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    And now he dunks one on 17 from a bad position. Crazy.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    two special shots, but I wish the commentators would give the "left knee" talk a rest...

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I am speechless after that finish!!
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

oh wow!!!

should be a fun day tomorrow. would love to see Westwood bag a major, but this is all Tigers, the guy is insane...

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Not sure I've ever seen a more impressive round. Wow. Just wow.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    This guy is unreal. It's not human making all those putts.....
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    This is SPECIAL!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    You have probably just seen one of the best rounds of golf ever
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    two special shots, but I wish the commentators would give the "left knee" talk a rest...
    I think the damn knee is just fine. He is trying to pull one over on the media and fans.
    Now Tiger Lovers, sit and think about this before you rip a strip off me.

If the knee is that bad do you actually think Woods would jeopardize the rest of his career for this one Major win? I somehow doubt it.

However, if he goes on to win I can see the headlines now
    "THE GREATEST GUTSIEST PERFORMANCE BY ANY ATHLETE IN HISTORY"

The boys on TV would talk about this everytime there was a tournament, even if it was in Europe and Woods was not playing there.

I somehow doubt he would take the chance of ruining that knee for this win. As Miller said everytime a doctor operates on that knee it will get worse in the long run.

And yes those were two great putts. The chip in on 17 was a bit lucky you have to admit. But the two putts were well read and stroked.
    (That should make the Tiger Lovers happy that I admitted to that fact )
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Tiger admitted that the chip in was lucky, he said he hit it too hard. The knee talk is annoying, nobody knows whether he is genuinely in pain or hamming it up a bit. Had to laugh when they said, "now lets look at his knee is slow mo". Whaaa? what am I supposes to be seeing here? Anyway, lovely round of golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    Tiger admitted that the chip in was lucky, he said he hit it too hard. The knee talk is annoying, nobody knows whether he is genuinely in pain or hamming it up a bit. Had to laugh when they said, "now lets look at his knee is slow mo". Whaaa? what am I supposes to be seeing here? Anyway, lovely round of golf.
    He sure wasn't limping on the way to the scorers tent after making the eagle on 18. I also noticed Williams once again showed total disrespect for the USGA and took his big off as soon as he got on 18 green. Idiot.

The slow mo knee action shot left me shaking my head also. I thought the same thing "What are we supposed to be seeing here?"

Then Miller says he has to play the cut shot for his drive on 18. Well no kidding Johnny, he has missed the last few fairways to the right. He might as well aim down the left side and let the cut shot put the ball in the fairway! Even a Sunday chopper can figure that one out

Oh by the way, it was nice that NBC showed some of Mike Weir's round of -2 Oh wait, he is a Canadian, sorry I forgot that for a moment.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    I think the damn knee is just fine. He is trying to pull one over on the media and fans.

If the knee is that bad do you actually think Woods would jeopardize the rest of his career for this one Major win? I somehow doubt it.

The boys on TV would talk about this everytime there was a tournament, even if it was in Europe and Woods was not playing there.

I somehow doubt he would take the chance of ruining that knee for this win. As Miller said everytime a doctor operates on that knee it will get worse in the long run.

And yes those were two great putts. The chip in on 17 was a bit lucky you have to admit. But the two putts were well read and stroked.
    If this were the Buick Open it would be a WD.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

He sure wasn't limping on the way to the scorers tent after making the eagle on 18. I also noticed Williams once again showed total disrespect for the USGA and took his big off as soon as he got on 18 green. Idiot.

The slow mo knee action shot left me shaking my head also. I mean what were we supposed to be seeing anyways? Then Miller says he has to play the cut shot for his drive on 18. Well no kidding Johnny, he has missed the last few fairways to the right. He might as well aim down the left side and let the cut shot put the ball in the fairway! Even a Sunday chopper can figure that one out
    Cynical much?

I prefer to enjoy the drama.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

He does this at every event, so at least he's an equal opportunity idiot. The Valvoline logo needs to get some air time.

Oh by the way, it was nice that NBC showed some of Mike Weir's round of -2 Oh wait, he is a Canadian, sorry I forgot that for a moment.
    The showed a lot of Mediate, a lot of Tiger, and a lot of DL3. Some Jimenez, and not much Westwood for the longest time even though he was in 2nd.

I noticed they didn't show any Weir either, but that NBC focuses on Americans in the US Open is old news.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Fantastic to watch, but I missed the rest of Tigers 18th after his drive. I record everything so I can skip all the commercials and it cut off early. I will remember to record the show coming on after, next time.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    If this were the Buick Open it would be a WD.
    That is my point. Why risk ruining a career like his for one Major. He needs 5 more to tie Jack. If he damages that knee to the point that it could end his career then what has he gained?

Cynical? Not at all. But that is not drama, that is NBC announcers babbling on about a sore knee.

As for Mike, he was -2 for the day. I believe the best score of the day was -3 and then a couple of -2's. So Mike shoots one of the best rounds and we see him briefly on the 18th green. None of his birdies were shown.

That is my point. Why risk ruining a career like his for one Major. He needs 5 more to tie Jack. If he damages that knee to the point that it could end his career then what has he gained?

Cynical? Not at all. But that is not drama, that is NBC announcers babbling on about a sore knee.

As for Mike, he was -2 for the day. I believe the best score of the day was -3 and then a couple of -2's. So Mike shoots one of the best rounds and we see him briefly on the 18th green. None of his birdies were shown.
    Why risk ruining a career by playing in the Stanley Cup Final, NBA Final, Super Bowl etc? Sportsmen do it because of the magnitude of the event.

Jack played many events on a hip that would eventually need replacement.

And as for NBC announcers 'babbling' about a sore knee, you just finished saying 'what if he damages the knee to the point that it could end his career' - I think you've made the essential point here and have illustrated exactly they were 'babbling'.

Around the time Weir was in the middle of his back nine the leaders were early on the front nine, and he was still six or seven shots back.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

That is a typical “Tiger hater” comment. I knew this would eventuality creep up in a thread somewhere. Why not just envoy the ride? He has nothing to gain by faking his knee injury. Obviously he did get work done on his knee and the limping usually is apparent after a big swing and gets better when he gets to the green.

As for ruining his career over one major. I’m pretty sure he consulted his physician and other experts on the possible long-term effect on playing this weekend. He surely has a huge team with him this weekend. I doubt there is any serious threat and I don’t believe one second he is faking his injury but I do believe the media circus is annoying.

Mike

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I agree...give it a break rick. he isn't faking.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I agree...give it a break rick. he isn't faking.
    Was I the only one to suggest he might be "Hamming It Up" ? I think everyone needs to read all the posts in this thread, not just mine. I realize he had surgery, I do not live under a rock. If he blows that knee out you know as well as I do his career could be over.

As for being a Tiger hater. I have stated this before, I will state it again.

I DO NOT HATE TIGER WOODS. Read my lips. Do not put words in my mouth.

How can you hate someone you have never met?

What I will admit to hating is all the "TIGER THIS, TIGER THAT" from the media, announcers etc. I will admit I have no use for the actions of his caddy.

As I said in my other post. Mike Weir shoots 69, one better than Tiger and NBC doesn't even mention his name. Sure he is not leading but he is still in the tournament and posted the second best score of the day in the U.S. Open. Surely that deserves a small token?

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    I'm guessing he's probably made at least twice as many feet of putts as anybody else. I wonder if they've got that stat captured somewhere...

Was I the only one to suggest he might be "Hamming It Up" ? I think everyone needs to read all the posts in this thread, not just mine. I realize he had surgery, I do not live under a rock. If he blows that knee out you know as well as I do his career could be over.

As for being a Tiger hater. I have stated this before, I will state it again.

I DO NOT HATE TIGER WOODS. Read my lips. Do not put words in my mouth.

How can you hate someone you have never met?

What I will admit to hating is all the "TIGER THIS, TIGER THAT" from the media, announcers etc. I will admit I have no use for the actions of his caddy.

As I said in my other post. Mike Weir shoots 69, one better than Tiger and NBC doesn't even mention his name. Sure he is not leading but he is still in the tournament and posted the second best score of the day in the U.S. Open. Surely that deserves a small token?
    May have deserved a mention yes, but he wasn't the story of the day. The story of the day, aside from Rocco and Westwood, was Tiger on a leg and a half making a mile of putts and sinking improbably chips. If you have a better story line from yesterday, I'd be happy to hear it.

For some reason, Tiger is always the story - and there's a reason for it. He's the most dominant player of this era.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    You have probably just seen one of the best rounds of golf ever
    This is something I don't understand. Yes, Tiger made two eagles and chipped in on 17. But he shot 1 under par. So did Westwood. Why is Tiger's round better? Because of the knee? Bleh...like they say, there's no pictures on the scorecard. He tied Westwood. And lost to Hunter Mahan. Great shots, absolutely. Great round? No.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I'll agree with that, but it sure was one of the most exciting rounds I've watched in a long time. It kind of comes back to what GB was saying about Weir. I'd rather watch Tiger do what he did yesterday and shoot 1 under than watch Mike Weir methodically go through 18 holes and nip Tiger by one. I wouldn't get down and kiss the ground Tiger walks on because frankly I don't care either way, but if I'm going to tune into a round I'd like to be provided with some excitement, and tiger provided that in buckets yesterday.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    This is something I don't understand. Yes, Tiger made two eagles and chipped in on 17. But he shot 1 under par. So did Westwood. Why is Tiger's round better? Because of the knee? Bleh...like they say, there's no pictures on the scorecard. He tied Westwood. And lost to Hunter Mahan. Great shots, absolutely. Great round? No.
    Weir shot 69
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    I'll agree with that, but it sure was one of the most exciting rounds I've watched in a long time. It kind of comes back to what GB was saying about Weir. I'd rather watch Tiger do what he did yesterday and shoot 1 under than watch Mike Weir methodically go through 18 holes and nip Tiger by one. I wouldn't get down and kiss the ground Tiger walks on because frankly I don't care either way, but if I'm going to tune into a round I'd like to be provided with some excitement, and tiger provided that in buckets yesterday.
    Totally agree with your statement. Tiger brings excitement to the game. His one under round looked like a 63. Excitement, energy and suspense. You just never know what is coming up next. That’s what makes Tiger so entertaining.

Mike

Bouche
    I cant believe he just made that putt. Rocco is in for a tough battle tomorrow

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwww

Thread Information