• No

7 43.75%
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar

Craig Hartsburg New Sens Coach

Craig Hartsburg is the new head coach

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...67536-sun.html

Baxter
    Not who I would have picked...but there is no chance he will take the GM's job...Hmmmm

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Sure, why not?

Murray said what kind of guy he thought the team needed, and I agreed with his assessment. By all accounts the final 3 candidates were all excellent choices and all fit the profile. I like that fact that he chose someone from outside the NHL to bring a fresh start to the team.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    A little too early to say. We will see how he handles the "problem" in the locker room. We know he is a great coach.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I am with Pinshark on this one. Lets wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark View Post
    A little too early to say. We will see how he handles the "problem" in the locker room. We know he is a great coach.

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    I am with Pinshark on this one. Lets wait and see.
    The question was not would he be good for the Sens. It was did you like the choice .

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Is Emery still there?

It won't matter as long as that guy's creatin' problems. A change of coach didn't work last year, it won't work this year. I know they say he's a by the book guy, but seriously, he's got a couple of guys that need to be sat on their bottoms to put them in their place.

He did come on fast as the big name was the Kitchener Ranger's coach for about a week and a half. I only heard Hartsburg's name wednesday at the earliest. Rangers guy landed in Florida, so atleast he can leave his shovel behind!

Fallys
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Out of the three front runners (Hartley, Hartsburg, DeBoer) he was my pick. The last thing the Sens needed was a coach who has had his players quit on him (Hartley). And with how the team has fallen apart recently, bringing in a coach who has only coached teenagers wouldn't be a good choice either. Like Hartsburg said in the column in the link, he about accountability. There should be vast improvements this season in that department. I like the choice.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    DeBoer will be coaching the Panthers. That's now official. I guess he had a deal with Florida and tried to get more out of the Sens and they refused but Ottawa said they couldn't reach an agreement with DeBoer. It seems he was Murray's first choice. Hartley must have been his 2nd backup choice.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Geoff,

Arguably, the one thing the Sens needed was a guy familiar with dealing with teenagers

Fally
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    Geoff,

Arguably, the one thing the Sens needed was a guy familiar with dealing with teenagers

Fally
    Ouch!! A little harsh on a cool evening here Scott
    Your buddy Emery will be bough out soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    Is Emery still there?

It won't matter as long as that guy's creatin' problems. A change of coach didn't work last year, it won't work this year. I know they say he's a by the book guy, but seriously, he's got a couple of guys that need to be sat on their bottoms to put them in their place.

He did come on fast as the big name was the Kitchener Ranger's coach for about a week and a half. I only heard Hartsburg's name wednesday at the earliest. Rangers guy landed in Florida, so atleast he can leave his shovel behind!

Fallys
    Buyout Period - June 15-30

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    So Hartsburg has had two coaching gigs in the NHL, the Blackhawks for three years and the Ducks for two and a bit. In each of those stints, the teams got worse each year he coached them. He returned to the OHL where he failed to get out of the first round his first three years (including one year where the team was first in the west), and then lost in the second and third round the past two years (including this year where his team was again first in the west). Yes, he has won two junior golds, but that's a two week tournament.

Was Hartsburg really the best candidate out there?

Baxter
    If it was not for him winning Gold with Team Canada I would have went into why they hired the wrong guy. Spackler, has done a good job with a few reasons why he was the wrong man for the job...but he will not be looking to become GM and I bet he was cheaper than any "REAL" NHL coach....

I think the Leafs hired a good coach..I don't like him (96 world Cup) but he seems to be a heck of a coach to get things going in a postive way..You Leaf fan should have a coach for 4 years now???than fired in his 5th season..

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Sens fans, get ready for a dismal season, the rumours of Spezza, Emery, Redden and McGratton during their trip to Vancouver seem to have made a huge negative impression on the dressing room. It will take more than a coaching change to fix that. It follows that if management was to have known about this episode and did not do anything and allowed the players to continue with the team that the other players would have no interest in continuing in such a clear breach of team trsut. It is no wonder that the Spezza for Luongo deal was rumored after the trip. I just hope that when Hartsburg sees Spezza finish his checks by skating by a player and poking his stick that the coach put Mr. turnover a long look see from the press box without a word from the GM.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I haven't heard any rumours (I don't follow the Sens too closely), but of those 4 players, Spezza is the only one likely to return for next season. Maybe McGratton, but probably not. Won't be too big a deal if they're all gone knowing that Spezza will definitely be a focal point for the hockey staff this year.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    It doesn't matter who the coach is if the GM doesn't bring in some more talent. They are not any better than the other 7 playoff teams in the East and in fact, I would put them at the bottom of the list. It will be tough for them to make the playoffs this year without some serious help on D and a secondary scoring line.

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    It doesn't matter who the coach is if the GM doesn't bring in some more talent. They are not any better than the other 7 playoff teams in the East and in fact, I would put them at the bottom of the list. It will be tough for them to make the playoffs this year without some serious help on D and a secondary scoring line.
    Now this is Funny...How can 1 make a statment like this without knowing what is going to happen in the off season to the other Teams...Do you really think Pittsburgh will be back in the finals next year? Or Montreal winning the East?

I will pick NO on both

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    I didn't say Pittsburgh would make the finals or Montreal would win the East. All I said was that I think there are 7 other teams that will be better than the Sens in the East if they don't make some serious changes.

Rangers, Penguins, Capitals, Flyers have better teams.
    Devils, Bruins will be close to the Sens and the Habs look promising for next year.

Based on last year, why do you think the Sens be much better?

Thread Information