CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Links of Tay

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

Links of Tay

Hey guys---heading up on Sunday--just wondering what the course is like. Someone mentioned that the two nines are different??? Any insight?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Hey guys---heading up on Sunday--just wondering what the course is like. Someone mentioned that the two nines are different??? Any insight?

I haven't played there in years, but you are correct. You can tell the front nine was built with the layout of the land in mind. Lots of natural slopes to the fairways. But the back nine (the newer nine) is definately man made architecture. I know they were doing some renovations to the front nine, but if they didn't change too much you'll understand what I mean. But in general it's a pleasant course to play, you should have a good time there, enjoy.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thanks Geoff

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    I haven't played there in years, but you are correct. You can tell the front nine was built with the layout of the land in mind. Lots of natural slopes to the fairways. But the back nine (the newer nine) is definately man made architecture. I know they were doing some renovations to the front nine, but if they didn't change too much you'll understand what I mean. But in general it's a pleasant course to play, you should have a good time there, enjoy.
    That, and the fact that the original 9 is over 100 years old, and the new 9 is maybe 5 years. And don't go looking for the Links o' Tay name on any signs, it's called the Perth Golf Course now.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    really only change one hole on the front 9....added water infront of the green and made the hole longer. Small greens on the front and large on the back. you should like it! have fun

Hey---nobody said anything about the speed of those greens Never played anything so fast---wonderful afternoon---all the fathers got free carts for their rounds today and we only missed 15 minutes because of lightning---gotta go back

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Hey---nobody said anything about the speed of those greens Never played anything so fast---wonderful afternoon---all the fathers got free carts for their rounds today and we only missed 15 minutes because of lightning---gotta go back

I didn't mention it because I didn't remember them being all that fast, just average for the most part. It's good to hear the course is in good shape, it's a fun layout.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information