CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    You guys had a full team last year. What happened?

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Only 40 or so members this year. Minimum for Golf Quebec is 80.

Don't get me started.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

That sucks. Sorry to here that.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    If I get side tracked with a busy weekend, I'd just like to wish everyone participating in Intersectionals on Sunday the best of luck. Hope everyone plays well whether they win or lose.

On a side note, what happens if it pours rain all day? Do they cancel? Re-schedule? Or play it out just as long as there is no thunderstorms?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    In the past it has gone on unless there's lightning or the course is unplayable.

Good luck to all participants.

Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    In the past it has gone on unless there's lightning or the course is unplayable.

Good luck to all participants.

That sucks. It doesn't take much rain to make our course almost unplayable. Here's to hoping it doesn't rain much Sat overnight and Sunday.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

3 Iron Paddy963 is on a distinguished road Paddy963's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    That sucks. It doesn't take much rain to make our course almost unplayable. Here's to hoping it doesn't rain much Sat overnight and Sunday.
    So you're saying I should bring my rubber boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy963 View Post
    So you're saying I should bring my rubber boots?

Wouldn't hurt. The course is clay based, and it holds water really well. I haven't played since last weekend so I can't comment on the shape, but hopefully the recent warm weather really dried it up. If that's the case, a bit of rain won't be too bad, but if we get a down pour it could get real soggy real fast out there.

It can't be as bad as hole #1 on the 9 hole course at Metcalfe was on July 1st.
    Even rubber boots wouldn't have helped, a canoe might have though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy963 View Post
    It can't be as bad as hole #1 on the 9 hole course at Metcalfe was on July 1st.
    Even rubber boots wouldn't have helped, a canoe might have though.

Funny you say that. At the bottom of the last par 3 you play at Copperdale, in the past when they'd have a heavy down pour over several days, they would actually put a canoe at the bottom to get across.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    How did everyone do?? We finished second. For our first year we are pretty happy! Hosting next year.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    How did everyone do?? We finished second. For our first year we are pretty happy! Hosting next year.

Suprisingly enough, we finished second as well.

As for me personally, the front nine wasn't great. I was three down (Mont Cascades), three down (Metcalfe) and 1up (Poplar Grove, but was 3 down at one point in this match as well). Being quite frustrated, I turn to Fallys (my caddy) at the turn and tell him it's time to start playing some golf. I open the back nine with a birdie and then proceed to close out the Poplar Grove guy 3&2 and get the Mont Cascades and Metcalfe matches back to 1 down heading to eighteen. I hit a great drive and then proceed to hit a cut that gets caught in the wind and ends up lost in some fescue.

Oh well, golf happens. All in all, I'd have to consider the day a relative success. I didn't quit and actually grinded it out pretty good. I'm sure I had the guys worried with my strong play on the back. BTW, shot 1 or 2 over on the back. Our group only had 4 birdies all day, and three were mine.

For the first time in a few years Metcalfe won! We had come 2nd for three years in a row, so it was nice to finally get a win. I was carrying the bag for my friend Matt who managed to get 6 points. He started strong but the the putts just stopped falling. Turned it around on the last few holes and closed out Poplar Grove and Copperdale on 17, and won the match against Mont Cascades on 18 after he had two tee shots lost way left.

It was a great day, luckily the weather cleared by the time the last groups teed off and the wind kept in nice and cool.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    My career looping the Intersectionals was a fun one Thanks Geoff for giving me the opportunity to carry for you.

Had a couple of putts gone down on the front, Geoff would have swept. His playing competitors left a lot of shots out there the first 6ish holes, except for the 10 capper from Poplar Grove. He played really fantastic golf and was arguably, one of the best putters I've seen.

A fortunate golf ball change on the new par 3 (I think 7th) and Geoff played the last 11 holes in 1 or 2 over par (I told you it would work lol).

BTW Geoff, I have your extra glove and the nemesis ball. I'll return the glove at our next gathering, the ball I can bury if you want?

Thanks again Geoff, you played MUCH better than what you will give yourself credit,

Fally
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    My career looping the Intersectionals was a fun one Thanks Geoff for giving me the opportunity to carry for you.

Had a couple of putts gone down on the front, Geoff would have swept. His playing competitors left a lot of shots out there the first 6ish holes, except for the 10 capper from Poplar Grove. He played really fantastic golf and was arguably, one of the best putters I've seen.

A fortunate golf ball change on the new par 3 (I think 7th) and Geoff played the last 11 holes in 1 or 2 over par (I told you it would work lol).

BTW Geoff, I have your extra glove and the nemesis ball. I'll return the glove at our next gathering, the ball I can bury if you want?

Thanks again Geoff, you played MUCH better than what you will give yourself credit,

Fally

Thanks again for carrying the bag, I appreciate it very much. It's always great to have someone out there with you. Like Reid last year, you did a great job of helping me keep my composure. It was a blast though.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Greensmere took 51 of 60 points and so we move up a section.

After a poor start on my part and good play by my opponents, I was down to all three after 7 holes, but managed to play sub par golf after that and won my 6 points, 5 & 4, 4 & 3 and 2 up. My opponents were most enjoyable to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Greensmere took 51 of 60 points and so we move up a section.

After a poor start on my part and good play by my opponents, I was down to all three after 7 holes, but managed to play sub par golf after that and won my 6 points, 5 & 4, 4 & 3 and 2 up. My opponents were most enjoyable to play with.

It looks like you'll be paying a visit to us next year. Should be good matches with us, Greensmere and Cascades. I'm not sure who will be moving down yet.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Anyone know the outcomes of the Renfrew (B) matches, and also the Pakenham (F) matches? I was at Renfrew, but didn't stick around as they were just starting when were finishing. It was a beautiful day there Sunday.
    Andrew

This is from the Ottawa Sun

"Outaouais will be relegated to the B Section and Renfrew, which won the B Section in a tiebreaker over Smiths Falls, will jump up to play in the "A" next year."

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Colu...48001-sun.html

Haven't been able to find any results from the lower sections yet.

3 Wood Shortswing is on a distinguished road
    As my first year as Match Captain. My team and I won the 'D' section at Arnprior today. So we go up to the C section in we will play at Kanata Lakes who finished second behind Camelot in the C section. So next year we will play against Kanata( from C) Pembrooke( from C) and Rivermead (from B).

Here are other winner

A Rideau View
    B Renfrew
    C Camelot
    D Tecumseh
    E Thurso
    F Pakenham
    G Greyhawk
    H Vieux Moulins
    I
    J Greensmere

I took 6 points as well

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I took 6 points as well

How did Haute Plains do? They were loaded for bear this year

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    How did Haute Plains do? They were loaded for bear this year
    57 points...going up...

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    57 points...going up...
    Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    57 points...going up...
    57/60 ouch!!!!

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Wow, Rideau View wins again. They just keep churning out the good players, don't they? Does anyone know how many times they've won in the past, say, 10 years? Seems to me it would be 6 or 7.

Congrats to all who competed on the weekend...

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I managed to get my 6 points. I closed one out on #11, the second on #12 and had the third dormie on 14 but the kid stuck one tight and won that hole and then I went into defensive mode (wrong) and he won 15, drained a 15 footer on 16 to win, I missed an 18 ft birdie putt on 17 and he drained another 15 footer so we went up 18 still dormie and after his snapper off the tee I put mine in the fairway, a good second and third shots left me with a 20 foot putt for a birdie and he had an 18 foot putt for par so an easy two putt finished it off. I sure learned to never go into defensive mode again as he never gave up. We'll be coming for you next year Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
    As my first year as Match Captain. My team and I won the 'D' section at Arnprior today. So we go up to the C section in we will play at Kanata Lakes who finished second behind Camelot in the C section. So next year we will play against Kanata( from C) Pembrooke( from C) and Rivermead (from B).

Here are other winner

A Rideau View
    B Renfrew
    C Camelot
    D Tecumseh
    E Thurso
    F Pakenham
    G Greyhawk
    H Vieux Moulins
    I
    J Greensmere

Metcalfe won the I division with Copperdale finishing second, Mont Cascades third and Poplar Grove relegated down a division.

Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    I managed to get my 6 points. I closed one out on #11, the second on #12 and had the third dormie on 14 but the kid stuck one tight and won that hole and then I went into defensive mode (wrong) and he won 15, drained a 15 footer on 16 to win, I missed an 18 ft birdie putt on 17 and he drained another 15 footer so we went up 18 still dormie and after his snapper off the tee I put mine in the fairway, a good second and third shots left me with a 20 foot putt for a birdie and he had an 18 foot putt for par so an easy two putt finished it off. I sure learned to never go into defensive mode again as he never gave up. We'll be coming for you next year Geoff

With us, Greensmere and Cascades and whoever drops down a division, it should be some great matches.

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    Wow, Rideau View wins again. They just keep churning out the good players, don't they? Does anyone know how many times they've won in the past, say, 10 years? Seems to me it would be 6 or 7.

Congrats to all who competed on the weekend...

I think the paper said they have won 5 of the last 7.. and the team combined index was +2.6 which blows my mind.. Also there #1 player took down McCauig and Bressaries (sorry for the bad spelling) with 6 birdies on the back 9!

and the team combined index was +2.6 which blows my mind..
    When I first read that I thought that was the average index of the players on the team, and thought it was impressive. If that's the combined index of all 10 players, that is nuts!

Thread Information