CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Intersectional: How are you doing?

With BC's thread about intersectional qualifying methods I thought it would be good to see how everyone is doing in their quest to make their club's team.

So far I'm in 6th. Although a bit of a tough day out there yesterday with the howling wind, it was my chipping that let me down. I managed a rather disappointing 81. We only had three scores in the 70 (75,76,79). So I'm right in the middle of the pack and looking to move up next weekend.

How are the rest of you doing?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    is a good summary of my performance so far.....I clearly won't make it this year.....with the addition of quite a number of excellent players recently, there is no room for less than solid rounds.....

3 Wood Shortswing is on a distinguished road
    after a dissapointing 86 in the first round i come back this week end with a 77 on saturday and a 71 on sunday..... we use the best 3 out of 5 round so just need a round of 78 or better with two round to go and im on the team....

5 Wood amac is on a distinguished road
    Our go this coming weekend and the one after. With the arrival of Barry Nesrallah and Rob Knights at our course this year, competition should be stronger than ever. Probably need a couple of 74s out of three rounds to make it. My game's not yielding such scores right now, so I'm going to have to dial it in big time!

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    We got rained out on day one so they decided to go with 1 round I had an off day but managed to sneak onto the team.. Its our first year in, Eagle Creek hosting should be fun.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by amac View Post
    Our go this coming weekend and the one after. With the arrival of Barry Nesrallah and Rob Knights at our course this year, competition should be stronger than ever. Probably need a couple of 74s out of three rounds to make it. My game's not yielding such scores right now, so I'm going to have to dial it in big time!
    Of what course are you a member? Didn't know Barry left Rivermead....

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post

I believe amac is a clublink member. I think Eagle Creek, I'm not sure though. He did mention once in a thread way back.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Didn't Rob Knights use to be the head pro at Amberwood? I could be mistaken?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I think you are right about Rob Knights. He used to teach at the Thunderbird dome in the winter.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Barry and Rob joined Greyhawk I believe.

Back on topic though, I shot 76 first round for 30 points, tied 10th. W/D'd second round due to injury and carded 0 points. Not many good rounds last Sat though so I did not loose much ground really. 10th spot was sitting at 55 points so a round of 73 next Saturday should guarantee a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by GarthM View Post
    Barry and Rob joined Greyhawk I believe.

Back on topic though, I shot 76 first round for 30 points, tied 10th. W/D'd second round due to injury and carded 0 points. Not many good rounds last Sat though so I did not loose much ground really. 10th spot was sitting at 55 points so a round of 73 next Saturday should guarantee a spot.

I belive you are correct Garth. That rings a bell now for amac.

BTW, good shooting and good luck next Saturday. I'm sure you'll be there.

5 Wood amac is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    Greyhawk, and yes, he's a member now.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    BC Mist did great yesterday at the Prescott, low net I beleive.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I managed an 83 in the 1st one at renfrew, so there are only about 70 guys ahead of me
    Andrew

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    BC Mist did great yesterday at the Prescott, low net I beleive.
    Er, gross. Net is for fisherman, tennis players and butterfly catchers.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    A 77 in the first field day tied me for 4th. Three doubles will do that! Last Saturday (an optional day), I posted a 71. That should help. Unfortunately, all of this may only help qualify me for the Senior Intersectional Matches in September as I may be away during the July encounter.

Figured I need a mid to high 70s round today to secure my spot on the team, I went out and shot a very pleasing +1 on the front today. I was buzzing around the cup on each hole, and that +1 very easily could've been in the minus. Start off the back nine with a solid par, then the wheels fell off. Finished the last 8 holes: double, par, bogey, bogey, bogey, par, double, double for a very frustrating +9 and a very dis-heartening total of 81.

Probably the most discouraging finish to a competitive round of golf I've ever played. I didn't even bother to hand around and see where I stood. I'm pretty sure this round has dropped me out of a secured playing spot on the team. This only leaves me with the option to go real low next weekend to try and secure my spot, but seeing as how my game has shown no encouraging signs, I'm affraid I'll most likely miss out this year. And the most frustrating thing is we are hosting this year. Boo on me!!!

Does anyone have any better news than me?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    We finished our qualifying today and I was fortunate enough to have my best round of the day and shot an even par to end up the best 2 of 3 with 65 points and made the team. BC had a great round of 67 today and ended up 10 points ahead of me. On paper we've got a pretty strong team with our 10th qualifier having 64 points. We'll be hosting and just hope we can prevail.
    It was good to finally get the putter going. I'll definitely be hitting out of the 10th spot with all the other guys having a much lower handicap but I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    We finished our qualifying today and I was fortunate enough to have my best round of the day and shot an even par to end up the best 2 of 3 with 65 points and made the team. BC had a great round of 67 today and ended up 10 points ahead of me. On paper we've got a pretty strong team with our 10th qualifier having 64 points. We'll be hosting and just hope we can prevail.
    It was good to finally get the putter going. I'll definitely be hitting out of the 10th spot with all the other guys having a much lower handicap but I'm looking forward to it.

Congrats Gerry, what a great way to make the team.

Hmmm needed 73, shot 80..... playoff for 2nd alternate...lost....damn 15th hole.. moving the tees up to entice us to hit driver onto the green cost me a double (ok not my only double on the back nine). Can't blame the injury though just some bad playing on the back. May caddie if required (mmmmm free breakfast)

Quote Originally Posted by GarthM View Post
    Hmmm needed 73, shot 80..... playoff for 2nd alternate...lost....damn 15th hole.. moving the tees up to entice us to hit driver onto the green cost me a double (ok not my only double on the back nine). Can't blame the injury though just some bad playing on the back. May caddie if required (mmmmm free breakfast)

Tough break Garth. But it sounded like you battled for a spot on what appears to be a very strong team.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Tough break Garth. But it sounded like you battled for a spot on what appears to be a very strong team.

Yup. 58 points was a tie for 10th. Top 4 were 71, 68, 66, 63 and a couple of the big boys could not play 2 rounds.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    After a horrendous 76 in the 2nd round, where I could have been 86, I made a swing adjustment during the week and shot a 5 under 67, (41 points) on Saturday with a double bogey on 12 where I chunked one into the water. Ended up with 75 points. Gerry and I had a contest to see who was more excited about his round. He won!!!

As Gerry said above, our team is strong, however, because our course is more forgiving than many with our wide fairways and large greens, we are still going to have to be at our best to win.

Finished up a little better today, 77 to secure my spot on the team. Could've been better, but had a few brain cramps, and didn't make a single putt today.

So now I need a caddy. Anyone interested? PM if you are and we'll discuss your fee. Unfortunately Apex1972 can't make it this year. The date is July 13, and it's a Sunday.

How'd everyone else finish up?

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Finished up a little better today, 77 to secure my spot on the team. Could've been better, but had a few brain cramps, and didn't make a single putt today.

So now I need a caddy. Anyone interested? PM if you are and we'll discuss your fee. Unfortunately Apex1972 can't make it this year. The date is July 13, and it's a Sunday.

How'd everyone else finish up?
    Well done GJ!!

Must be a great feeling to buckle down and made if after a disappointing opening round

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Well done GJ!!

Must be a great feeling to buckle down and made if after a disappointing opening round

It did feel great to put together a more solid round. Even though it's only a 4 stroke improvement, the possibility was there to go even lower, so I'm pretty happy.

So anyone here from Poplar Grove, Mont Cascades or Metcalfe? I'll be anchoring the Copperdale squad, are any of my would be opponents members of the forum?

It's never too early to try to get into their kitchen.

3 Iron Paddy963 is on a distinguished road Paddy963's Avatar
    So anyone here from Poplar Grove, Mont Cascades or Metcalfe? I'll be anchoring the Copperdale squad, are any of my would be opponents members of the forum?
    The top spot for Metcalfe looks to be a new member, Shawn Arial. I believe he works for the 67's so maybe you can get some good hockey stories out of him

It's too bad Metcalfe had to host last year instead of this year because the course is in much better shape now. Though it is nice to get to a new course every now and then, even if it's just to carry the bag for my buddy Matt .

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy963 View Post
    The top spot for Metcalfe looks to be a new member, Shawn Arial. I believe he works for the 67's so maybe you can get some good hockey stories out of him

It's too bad Metcalfe had to host last year instead of this year because the course is in much better shape now. Though it is nice to get to a new course every now and then, even if it's just to carry the bag for my buddy Matt .

Even though it doesn't look like I'll be playing against Matt this year, I'll be sure to find you guys and say hi.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Playing sh*** golf this season. Have not played consistently poorly like this for years. Missed the team by a mile. First time I missed the team since 2003. I’m very disappointed. The wheels fell of and I’m still looking for them.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    That's a shame Mike.

I didn't even get to try out this year since Manderley doesn't have RCGA membership. Not enough members.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information