CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iGolf Neo GPS

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar

iGolf Neo GPS

Anyone have any experience with these? I played with someone last week who had one and I was really impressed. It's really small, about the size of a pager, and though the info provided is a bit limited compared to other GPS units, it still gives you the meat and bones (front, middle, back) plus a few other key marks. And it allows you to add your own custom marks on courses. The other thing I liked about it was that you don't need a subscription, you can map your own courses. If you do opt for the subscription, once it expires you still get to keep all the courses you've downloaded, unlike SkyCaddie. It's also really cheap. Generally $150 shipped in the US, and $180 or so up here.

Anyway, I'm really tempted to pick one of these up, just want to know if anyone here has any experience with them.

http://www.igolf.com/neo_demo/demo.html

Hybrid Riddell is on a distinguished road
    i just picked one of them up, very impressed. all the distance info you need for only 150!

Where did you get it from, Riddell? Do the local courses seem to have been pretty accurately mapped?

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    never heard of it, what can you tell me about it. what local courses do they have?? how accurate are they? Were they surveyed by a person or via an earth viewer like google or something?
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

3 Wood Skiddlydidly is on a distinguished road Skiddlydidly's Avatar
    Looks intersting. For that price, I might consider it.

Not much info on the web page, though. Anyone have any more info?
    Sucking at golf is it's own reward.

i picked mine up on ebay, 150 and free shipping.
    you can search all the courses available of www.igolf.com, but of all the courses
    i searched, everyone was there. (talon, predator, emerald links, marshes, eagle creek, loch march.. etc etc)
    The unit provides you with front, middle, and back distances to the green, 4 custom yardages (you choose), and the length you hit your last shot.

yardages seem to be accurate within 1-3 yards if not dead on.

Have you had any problems at all with it?

I like the fact that the course info is stored locally, so there'd be no need to renew your subscription, and that you can custom map however many you want.

The low price has me considering it...

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    This thing looks really cool but checked and my home course greensmere is not mapped...apparently it is easy to map yourself but would much rather it already be mapped out for me.

Greensmere is on this list of available courses. They seem to be an official distributor of iGolf.

http://www.golfincanada.ca/gps.php

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Greensmere is on this list of available courses. They seem to be an official distributor of iGolf.

http://www.golfincanada.ca/gps.php
    Thanks...I followed this link www.igolf.com and when I put in Greensmere it said GPS is not available at this course...i'll give the course a call to see.

i just want to know, the ones on the site.. how are they mapped???
    willy

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Looks good to me the price is reasonable. I have been considering the pinseeker but feel it is just a bit pricey for my game right now.

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    so you h ave to buy the individual GPS files ? seems that that is not much better than paying a subscription to me

You buy the files, but then they are yours. With SkyCaddie, you pay a subscription to download the files, and if you don't continue the subscription you lose the ability to use them. Also, the Neo lets you map your own course, not sure SkyCaddie does that, and there are some file sharing groups on Yahoo where people share their mapped courses.

The thing I like better about the SkyCaddie is that they map the perimeter of the green, so you get accurate yardages to the front, middle and back no matter where you are in relation to the green. With iGolf, the yardages are from the centre of the fairway. The middle will always be correct, but the SkyCaddie is much more comprehensive in the info it gives you.

I just like the size of the Neo, and as well the price. Looks like a great deal to me, I just wanted to know if anyone here used one.

the size sure is cool, and the price, i just don;t like the idea of paying for the files, but i guess if you just consider it a one time start up costs, and get the unlimited membership, then you are set, or at least that is the sense, but what happens if they go out of business, or stop supporting it? just curious

Quote Originally Posted by golfott View Post
    the size sure is cool, and the price, i just don;t like the idea of paying for the files, but i guess if you just consider it a one time start up costs, and get the unlimited membership, then you are set, or at least that is the sense, but what happens if they go out of business, or stop supporting it? just curious
    I think the fact that you download and keep the files is the big plus. If they go out of business at least you have all your files. Obviously if they got out of business and you travel somewhere that you haven't downloaded, you're SOL, but that's the case with any of the GPS systems. I guess with the unlimited, just download everything. Not sure what the file sizes would be though.

yeah that is most likely the way to do it

do you know any local retailers of this ?

Before you guys buy... if they courses are done via Google earth then your yardages will be off by more than one clublength on some points. If you have the option to survey your own course then thats awesome, if not... i wouldn't get this. I would go with the intelligolf instead.
    willy

You can survey your own courses. I don't know how accurate the mapping is though the guy I played with who had it said it was pretty good, and he said he plays all around Ottawa. The 17th at Glen Mar has a posted yardage of 123 or something, his GPS said it was 132 to the front, 145 to the pin the day we played. I put away my pw and hit an easy 8i to pin high (and right, doh!).

As for local dealers, I haven't seen any. The website I put a link to above, golfincanada.ca, seems to be based out of Ottawa, so I suppose you could always call them up and see if they'd let you have a look at the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    Before you guys buy... if they courses are done via Google earth then your yardages will be off by more than one clublength on some points. If you have the option to survey your own course then thats awesome, if not... i wouldn't get this. I would go with the intelligolf instead.

Yeah, apparently you can map as many courses as you want, and store the files on your computer.

Isn't intelligolf just software? Wouldn't you need to buy a GPS too?

Thread Information