CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Forgot to mention, on the 18th at Trillium just for kicks, because his match was finished, Bouche decided to have a go at the green from the tee. In the picture below, the black line from the blue tees to the 100 yard marker is in the 260-265 yard range. The yellow line with the blue dots at each end is the path that Bouche's ball took. His ball ended up on the side of a mound just off the front edge of the green, a distance of about 285-290 yards. A very solid poke by anyone's standards.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, he hit this shot with a club he refers to as "Mr. 5-wood".
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    My buddy Brian aka albatross on tgn is a monster. In a tourney last yr he asked the marshall on the long drive hole at lionhead how long the fairway was, the guy thought he was being a smart a** but the drive needed to stay in the fairway.
    He hit it about 360 coming up just 3 yards short of the end to win the long drive.

I have given up even being concerned with what he hits. Stupidest thing was us last week paired with two grumpy guys. On a par 3 140 the guys having clearly already seen how long he hits, ask what iron we are using as he is indecisive.

I said to him, why would you ask us? Everyone is different. I am using a 7 iron for the 140 over water. Brian was using a 3/4 pw swing.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    I vote for Fally. AKA The "Clean" Mark McGwire
    This guy can pipe his drive long and straight..His wedge game's pretty good too. (That's because I only saw him hit driver and wedge all day long at last fall forum day) .

Also, pounds for pounds, it would be this buddy whose frame is similar to Ryuji Imada.
    He couldn't have been more than 145-150 lbs.. He hits a 3 iron with the same tragetory of my 7 iron except it goes 200+ yards. This guy has shamed me to go loose some weight and eat healthy now

Eagle dhacker1956 is on a distinguished road

This sounds like"Can you top this?"

I know this sounds like a can you top this... but its true.
    I was playing in a two man best ball tourney(BIG tourney)
    Hole 15 is 310 par 4 slightly downhill. We had a 10-15 MPH head wind. I am not long but average. After my partner put his 3 wood in the fairway about 100 yds out, I hit my driver and left it 75 yds out. Then came the other team. First guy hit his driver 20 feet directly below the hole. His partner who I think could give JB Holmes a run for his money(distance only). He hit a 5 wood and airmailed EVERYTHING!!! Must have carried 340yds into a 10-15 MPH wind. Honest!!!

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Eldred my friend, I appreciate the sentiment, but the names that a gracing this thread leave me in the dust.

My career drive was 344 yards on the 2nd hole at Metcalfe (3 yard fade around the corner). I'm still happy to bust one near 280, and that's dinky compared to what's being discussed in this thread.

But thanks again

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    He said he swings his driver 120mph but his driver isn't that impressive (compared to his irons). His irons... thats where the craziness is!

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    Once I played with this really huge guy named Paul, he must have been like 10 feet talll, hit it about 250 with his wedge, had a big blue ox for a caddie...

Seriously, I don't have any names to drop, but come on, Bouche must be reading this and LOVING IT!!
    It's one thing to see pros hitting bombs (albeit not Bouche-bombs) but it's an entirely different experince when you're actually playing in the same group.

All I need to do is get in line for those lesson's that'll make me 6'4" & 250 lbs.

What's this guy's clubhead speed? A 200 yard 8 iron? That's madness!
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Bouche
    Looks like my distance has become a hot topic! First off, I enjoyed playing with ya today silly and bob. It was a little mucky out there but turned out to be a great day! It was amazing to watch that GPS thing on your ceelphone work the yardages to a tee.

Im not that long off the tee (290) but my irons have always been long even when I was a young golfer. I think this is why...

A. My grips is SUPER strong causing me to have a hook. One swing fix that prevents me from the hook is to swing hard and through the ball. If I lose my confidence and start to slow down my swing the hook comes and it comes hard. Geoff can vouch for me on that one. I dont think I have ever had the hooks as bad as I did in belleville with geoff. Im talking 100 yards at least right to left on the first 5 holes.

B. Im not a small guy. lol Im 6'5 240 and I have no limit on my backswing (still young).

C. I can really drop my shoulders causing me to get through the ball really well. (I just have to watch that flying elbow )

D. Playing my junior career I used the old school PingZinga and these things were shovels. Very forgiving clubs and it really gave me the confidence I needed.

Right now I have the Cleveland TA3 gunmetals (Thanks to chris) and they are amazing!

Guys I am quite flattered about the compliments and you are all truly gentlemen in my books and im glad im back playing the sport. You guys have got me hooked on the game more then ever (new clubs and great people to golf with). I hope to finish my year strong and hopefully be a scratch by the end of the year. This site has given me the incentive I need and hopefully I can make a run at the Citizen this year!!

Cheers Guys!

Heres My Iron distances if you guys were wondering....
    Depending on what I need I can probably nuke the ball an extra 10 or down it an extra 10. But any more my hook becomes a threat.

4 Iron - 245-250
    5 Iron - 225
    6 Iron - 215
    7 Iron - 200
    8 Iron -185
    9 Iron -175
    PW - 165

I think thats what my yardages are but I usually go by my gut and one thing I do is if im in between clubs or cant decide, I usually go with the higher lofted club unless there is wind at me or hurting my draw.

Thanks again guys for the chatter

Bouche

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Outstanding and very well put!

I wish you all the best on becoming a scratch golfer by the end of the season. I'm shooting for single digits, but would be happy with a 10-12 in the end!

Tim

someone said something about a super long hitter playing a draw... i did notice this today as well.. why is that?? Why would a draw or fade make a difference???
    willy

Bouche
    Fade means that you tend to come out of it a bit and you lose yardage rather then someone who draws the ball. A draw gives you more yardage im to to sure why but i think it has to do with the spin and the way you come through the ball. Someone on here will know a little more about that then I do.

I did slice the ball once yesterday!

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    Once I played with this really huge guy named Paul, he must have been like 10 feet talll, hit it about 250 with his wedge, had a big blue ox for a caddie...

Seriously, I don't have any names to drop, but come on, Bouche must be reading this and LOVING IT!!
    It's one thing to see pros hitting bombs (albeit not Bouche-bombs) but it's an entirely different experince when you're actually playing in the same group.

All I need to do is get in line for those lesson's that'll make me 6'4" & 250 lbs.

What's this guy's clubhead speed? A 200 yard 8 iron? That's madness!

You have no idea! I was blushing when I read this thread. And Lobwedge, thats a sweet diagram of 18 at trillium! I remember the toronto guys thought it was on the practice green by the range.

Thanks again guys. You guys are gems!

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark View Post
    My buddy Brian aka albatross on tgn is a monster. In a tourney last yr he asked the marshall on the long drive hole at lionhead how long the fairway was, the guy thought he was being a smart a** but the drive needed to stay in the fairway.
    He hit it about 360 coming up just 3 yards short of the end to win the long drive.

I have given up even being concerned with what he hits. Stupidest thing was us last week paired with two grumpy guys. On a par 3 140 the guys having clearly already seen how long he hits, ask what iron we are using as he is indecisive.

I said to him, why would you ask us? Everyone is different. I am using a 7 iron for the 140 over water. Brian was using a 3/4 pw swing.
    That's the guy I played. He is super long. I think they should have had a long drive and iron contest at Trillium, that would have been a blast to watch. Next year, Geoff?? It'd be fun to watch those guys..
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Forgot to mention, on the 18th at Trillium just for kicks, because his match was finished, Bouche decided to have a go at the green from the tee. In the picture below, the black line from the blue tees to the 100 yard marker is in the 260-265 yard range. The yellow line with the blue dots at each end is the path that Bouche's ball took. His ball ended up on the side of a mound just off the front edge of the green, a distance of about 285-290 yards. A very solid poke by anyone's standards.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, he hit this shot with a club he refers to as "Mr. 5-wood".
    I'm considered a long hitter with the guys I play with, the 18th at Trillium I hit everybit bit of my R7 and landed in the front bunker 5yds from pin, BOUCHE IS AN ANIMAL.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    All that distance and you sound like a gentleman too! Dagnamit! Can you give me something to criticize about you, so I can make myself feel better?
    I bet you have thick ankles....Yeah, thats it....

Just joking Bouche. It is nice to see someone with so much game be modest as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    You have no idea! I was blushing when I read this thread. And Lobwedge, thats a sweet diagram of 18 at trillium! I remember the toronto guys thought it was on the practice green by the range.

Thanks again guys. You guys are gems!

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I've only played with Geoff once but I think he will admit that playing with bouche is very humbling.

Tagged him on one driver with the range finder at 335 and his short game is pretty good. iron shots go about 300 yrds high and seem to be endless. Hoolio is another big hitter and I'm sure there are others that can hit the big stick far but I've never seen anyone hit the irons like that and that includes watching the Presidents cup in Montreal.

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    someone said something about a super long hitter playing a draw... i did notice this today as well.. why is that?? Why would a draw or fade make a difference???
    A draw is spinning counter-clock wise, so when it hits the fairway it will kick forward and will have lots of forward momentum.

A fade (slice) is spinning clock-wise, so when it hits the fairway it will not kick forward.

that doesn't make sense to me. one is moving left to right spinning clockwise and the other is moving right to left spinning counter clockwise... they both still have the same back spin, same side spin but in opp directions no??? aren't they just opposite shots? shouldn't they be mirrors of each other?
    willy

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    that doesn't make sense to me. one is moving left to right spinning clockwise and the other is moving right to left spinning counter clockwise... they both still have the same back spin, same side spin but in opp directions no??? aren't they just opposite shots? shouldn't they be mirrors of each other?
    NO

The slice spin has a backspin component and the hook spin has a top spin component. to it...picture an open face iron slicing across the ball and then a closed face club hitting the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    NO

The slice spin has a backspin component and the hook spin has a top spin component. to it...picture an open face iron slicing across the ball and then a closed face club hitting the ball
    that makes perfect sense
    willy

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    that makes perfect sense
    Write it down.......

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 - Hacker finally made sense

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    NO

WHAT!?!

Backspin gives the ball lift (ball will rise or fall slower than the influence of gravity).

Topspin give the ball negative lift (ball will fall faster than the influence of gravity).

The actual theory is that a fade will have more backspin than a draw. This means that the fade will have a higher flight path than a draw, and as such a fade will have a steeper angle of impact on the ground. So the draw should roll more. Also a draw will generally have a lower initial launch angle, which also helps to lower the flight path.
    Back at it.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    All golf shots have backspin.

They never have topspin. I'd love to see someone try to prove that they do!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Started2k3 View Post
    WHAT!?!

Backspin gives the ball lift (ball will rise or fall slower than the influence of gravity).

Topspin give the ball negative lift (ball will fall faster than the influence of gravity).

The actual theory is that a fade will have more backspin than a draw. This means that the fade will have a higher flight path than a draw, and as such a fade will have a steeper angle of impact on the ground. So the draw should roll more. Also a draw will generally have a lower initial launch angle, which also helps to lower the flight path.
    thats what he said... in not so many words
    willy

Bouche
    lmao....how about an ugly looking farmer tan....that would work

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    All that distance and you sound like a gentleman too! Dagnamit! Can you give me something to criticize about you, so I can make myself feel better?
    I bet you have thick ankles....Yeah, thats it....

Just joking Bouche. It is nice to see someone with so much game be modest as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post

They never have topspin. I'd love to see someone try to prove that they do!
    I can do it...
    willy

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    That's correct. If you were watching a ball spin, a draw/hook (for a right handed player) would have underspin with a path from slightly right of centre at the bottom horizon to slightly left of centre at the top horizon. The action would be the opposite for a fade/slice.

The main reasons that a draw/hook will travel further than a fade/slice, with the same club, are a) the toe of the club is rotating faster around the shaft axis, and b) there is less dynamic loft at impact.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

so in theory if someone made a club with a sweet spot in the toe and you could toe the ball every time... BUT have the toe square to your target line at impact... you could get more yardage out of a driver without going over the COR and CC restirctions...... PATENT PENDING!
    willy

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    I've only played with Geoff once but I think he will admit that playing with bouche is very humbling.

Tagged him on one driver with the range finder at 335 and his short game is pretty good. iron shots go about 300 yrds high and seem to be endless. Hoolio is another big hitter and I'm sure there are others that can hit the big stick far but I've never seen anyone hit the irons like that and that includes watching the Presidents cup in Montreal.

Yup, very humbling. When you're used to being the long hitter in the group most of the time and play with Bouche, it's like you're hitting little popcorn puffballs out there.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    lol! I feel your pain, played with both Hoolio and bouche at the same time, thank god Chris was with us to keep me company.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    That works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    lmao....how about an ugly looking farmer tan....that would work

Thread Information