100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter never2l8 is on a distinguished road

Question Looking for Information

Does anyone know where (if anywhere) I can find information on the top 5 courses in the National Capital Region (both public and private) for 2003 and/or 2002 with regards to a) Rounds Played and b) Revenues. I don't know if this information is public, but I am a 2nd Year student doing a marketing project on golf in the NCR. Thanks.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I think you will find that that information is confidential.

I would appreciate it if nobody posts figures, hypothetical or real, here. This could lead to a lawsuit fast if unauthorized financial information gets published on this forum.

Feel free to speculate on a pecking order though

Putter never2l8 is on a distinguished road
    Sorry, I wasn't aware of the confidentiality of that data. Is there anywhere I can turn or other suggestions for determining market share etc ...

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by never2l8
    Sorry, I wasn't aware of the confidentiality of that data. Is there anywhere I can turn or other suggestions for determining market share etc ...
    The RCGA has published a report on golf...

http://www.rcga.org/english/Membership/research.asp

At $300.00 it's a little pricey.

Another way to go is to get a hold of the individual clubs and see if they would be willing to talk to you, maybe give out some information under some sort of non-disclosure agreement, whatever.

The courses, and others might pipe in with others, you could talk to are:

Private:
    Hunt Club
    Rideauview
    Royal Ottawa
    Camelot

Public:
    Stonebridge
    Manderley
    Meadows
    Marshes
    Eagle Creek

Also, you might find some of that information from Clublink, maybe on their website as they are a public company, for Greyhawk, Kanata and Hautes Plaines over in Gatineau.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

ngcoa site

You could also ask the National Golf Course Owners Association of Canada if they have this type of information. The head office is in Ottawa on Prince of Wales Drive, and a link to their site is below:

http://www.ngcoa.ca/index.shtml

Good luck!
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

3 Wood Rough Stuff is on a distinguished road
    Does anyone know where (if anywhere) I can find information on the top 5 courses in the National Capital Region (both public and private) for 2003 and/or 2002 with regards to a) Rounds Played and b) Revenues. I don't know if this information is public, but I am a 2nd Year student doing a marketing project on golf in the NCR. Thanks.
    If any of them are share based corporations, they probably publish an annual report on revenue for the shareholders...again, you'd have to contact them directly.

Driver natgolfer is on a distinguished road
    Add Rivermead to the list of top 5 PRIVATE courses. While I would not put it in the top 5, Carleton Golf & Yacht Club is also a private club

Manderley is listed as public, however, it has members, participates in OVGA stuff, and so is semi-private, technically.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank

Feel free to speculate on a pecking order though
    Ooh this sounds like fun...

Private Clubs...in order...Rideau View, Kanata, and then a tie for third with Royal Ottawa, Hunt Club, Rivermead, and Camelot.

Public Courses...in order...Eagle Creek, Stonebridge, a couple of others I can't remember, then the Marshes at the bottom...

In the search for club revenues, etc., I would hazard a guess that the rounds played aspect would be easiest to obtain, but you may have to jump through hoops to get club revenues. The non-disclosure suggestion is a good one, I would have it prepared in advance to let the clubs know that you are serious.

Thread Information