CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carling lake

5 Wood nolrac2 is on a distinguished road

Carling lake

Has anyone played Carling lake this year or last and what did you think. Also what is Lachute like this year if anyone knows. Thanks
    tap in

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Played Carling Lake a couple of weeks ago. The greens and tees were in rough shape. Nice layout and may go back in the fall to play it with the fall colours and hope it's in better condition. A long drive with many good courses a lot closer.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    That's too bad. Carling Lake was always in top notch shape when I used to play it. I wonder if they had a rough winter?
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nolrac2 View Post
    Has anyone played Carling lake this year or last and what did you think.
    Played there with Gerry on Victoria Day and while the course was a little rough in spots, it remains one of the most enjoyable courses in the area to play.

Roughly 35 years ago it was the "in" place to play golf and the course was very busy. The short, tight front nine followed by the more open and longer back, provided/provides a test for all clubs in the bag and the scenic beauty of the course adds to its appeal.

The greens are quite undulating and if cut to a modern speed, would cause making a putt to be an accomplishment. Will definitely go back there in the fall. The little boy's bladder is still not empty.

5 Wood nolrac2 is on a distinguished road

thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I too used to play there often "back in the day" and it was great but that was because the greens were also really good as well. Guess I will look elsewhere for now.
    tap in

Weekend Hacker Steelhead is on a distinguished road Steelhead's Avatar
    I've played Carling Lake last week and the conditions were still a little rough although very playable but not what I've been used to. I played it 6 times last year and the conditions were not much better either. I don't know what's happening it used to be in top notch shape. I guess its become less and less busy over the last few years and therefore the revenue required to upkeep a course is just not there.

Lachute is in very good condition this year greens are in good shape and fairways are nice as well. A few bare spots here and there but very good condition considering the amount of tournaments it hosts.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Played there yesterday and we'll not be going back next year. This was our 5th year running. It was not in good shape. Granted it had rained quite a bit but you could still tell that it was very rough. The drainage there is horrible. The greens had recently been aerated. And of course because of all of the rain the bug situation was horrendous! But then again the price is always right there.

Thread Information