We are pleased to present the
2nd Annual Drive 4 ALS Golf Tournament. The tournament will be held on Saturday September 6th 2008 at the Riverbend Golf Course in Richmond Ontario.

WHAT IS ALS
Amyotropthic Lateral Sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig's Diseease, is a rapidly progressive and fatal neruromuscular disease that is characterized by the degeneration of a select group of nerve cells and pathways (motor neurons) in the brain and spinal cord. This loss of motor neurons leads to progressive paralysis of the voluntary muscles. The heart is not a voluntasry muscle, and therefore, remains unaffected by the disease. However, since breathing is controlled voluntarily by the chest muscles, death usually occurs when the chest muscles are no longer able to help the lungs achieve adequate oxygenation. Generally there is little impairment of the brain or the senses.

Approsimately 2,500 - 3000 Canadians currently live with ALS. Two or Three Canadians lose their battle to this devastating disease everyday. In Ontario, roughly 1,000 people have ALS at any one time.
About the ALS Society of Ontario
The ALS Society of Ontario in a non-profit organization that is dedicated to providing the necessary equipment and support services to those living with ALS. As as to provide funding to the ALS Society of Canada towards research for a cure. For more details, please visit
www.alsont.ca

About the Tournament
Five years ago, my mother Sandra was diagnosed with ALS. Through her experiences, I have witnessed the slow decline of her health and the impact it has had on her life as the disease progresses. The financial impact on those living with ALS is exorbitant. I started this tournament a year ago with the hopes that I could help families and patients of ALS cope with this horrifying disease. That patients would not have to reach into their pockets and spend their life savings on critical, life sustaining equipment, as there is very little Government support or subsides. This disease affects each and every muscle in your body. My mother is so scared that she will not even be able to smile.

Not a Golfer?
Not a golfer, but want to show your support? There are several ways that you can participate:

1)
Sponsorships - Please see our sponsorship package (attached to this email) to find out how you can sponsor the tournament.

2)
Volunteer - Our tournament is 100% non profit. Volunteers are the heart of any successful event. Please contact us at drive4als@gmail.com for further information on how you can participate.

3)
Join us for dinner - you can join us for dinner after the tournament. Tickets will be sold individually for $30.

4)
Make a donation - you can make a donation in the name of the tournament by going to www.alsont.ca/events

It is through your participation, contribution and generosity that we can make a difference. Although there is NO cure for ALS to date and there is still so much to learn, there have been some promising breakthroughs and researchers are working hard and dedicating their time to learn more each day about this devastating disease.

For futher information on the golf tournament, please contact Mike Matthews, Tournament Director, at
drive4als@gmail.com

For further information on the ALS Society, Please visit their website at www.alsont.ca or contact Marion Williams, Champlain Regional Manager, at marion@alsont.ca

We look forward to seeing you at the tournament!

Sincerly

Mike Matthews
Tournament Director