100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar

How Many Holes in One Day??

Not sure if I will ever get the chance do this again (would love to thought) shot 70 holes of golf in one day. Started at 7:30 am as a twosome, stopped for lunch, became a threesome, stopped for supper, became a foursome and finished around 9:15 pm or so. Even got to try out my twighlight ball.....it worked awesome!!!

And again thanks to Foxman what a great day, and to think we did it on less than 2 hours sleep each, wasn't sure we could pull it off. Also thanks to Driverdave and Logan 69 for joining us for some of those holes!!
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    Wow! My feet hurt just thinking about walking that many holes. Hope you had a cart!

Grats though. Truly, you are 'living the dream' as they say! I'm looking forward to a day when I can squeeze in 36!

3 Iron Paddy963 is on a distinguished road Paddy963's Avatar
    Wow! 70 holes in one day, too bad you couldn't get in the last 2 to make it an even 4 rounds!

I played 54 one day, we had planned to play 36 and decided when we were done to see if we could get another round in. I have never been as tired in my life as I was that day. I think if I hadn't walked the first 36 and carried my bag I might have had the energy for another 9.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Usually once a season I play 36 holes in a day(walking). Last year was Poplar Grove and Manderley. This year it looks like Emerald Links and Manderley.

Bouche
    I love playing more then one round. Problem is when you pplay more the two 18's you can start to develop bad habits. Keris I would be willling to join you the next time you play 4 in one day

Might have to take the next day off though lLOL

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    A couple of times a year me and the wife play 36 carrying our bags.Played Outaouais morning and Les Hautes Plaines afternoon.Some of you folks are familliar with these courses and i dont mind telling you i was beat at num. 16 going up the hill at H.P.Its quite a challenge and if we carted it would be possible to play at least 3 rounds in a day.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Living up to your tag again in 08 eh Kerisb

Most I have ever done is 36.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

6 Iron Old Man is on a distinguished road
    Now that is something that many can not do ,me included.But after reading this I might try 36.

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    I was use to doing 36 on most of the days that I went out last year, and enjoy doing 36.
    Have to give credit to Foxman also, cus he was with me every step of the way. Didn't really plan on doing that many in one day, it just happened. I have to wonder how he feels today, cus he hasn't played much yet this year, and I must admit my legs and one arm is pretty tender today (we won't even mention the sunburn on my legs. We did cart and our scores were going up by the fourth game for sure, but we were still finishing with some great holes and swings (not quite sure how we did it), as we both only slept less than 2 hours the night before!! But when you are having fun you don't think of the consequesnces Hope you are feeling ok today Steve. Also hope we get the chance to do this again..........we will just start earlier in the morning.

Hybrid Riddell is on a distinguished road
    i usually play 45 every sunday, most for me is 54

Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    I love playing more then one round. Problem is when you pplay more the two 18's you can start to develop bad habits. Keris I would be willling to join you the next time you play 4 in one day

Might have to take the next day off though lLOL

Have to warn you though I am not a great golfer, high handicap. But hey willing to play no matter what.

And very, very glad I have today off for the most part

3 Wood funk-like is on a distinguished road
    My record is 112 holes - last year at the Habitat for Humanity 100 holes golf tourney at Eagle Creek. This year I did 109 - they called us in for dinner, so we stopped. It was in a cart, and we hit 2 balls on all the par 4's and 5s and 3 balls on the par 3's. Its a lot of fun.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    lol...keri, you played 2 less holes in 1 day than I have year to date...

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    The most I ever did was 86 holes at the MS 100 Holes of golf at Glen Mar, the course was closed for the day, and I believe there was only 30 golfers on the course. Of course you have breakfast in the morning, stop for lunch, and dinner as well. I probably could have done 100, but i had to leave to go play baseball.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Ok, this almost sounds like a normal golf day for you but enquiring minds want to know

1. What was your score for the 70 holes
    2. why to hell didn't you go the 2 extra for a nice round 72 holes
    AND
    3. what to hell were you and Steve doing that you each only got 2 hours sleep the night before
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by funk-like View Post
    My record is 112 holes - last year at the Habitat for Humanity 100 holes golf tourney at Eagle Creek. This year I did 109 - they called us in for dinner, so we stopped. It was in a cart, and we hit 2 balls on all the par 4's and 5s and 3 balls on the par 3's. Its a lot of fun.
    I played with funk-like that day last year. I played 106 holes that day and then I had to leave to go watch the Sens crush the Sabres!!!

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I've done 54 in one day on three different courses. Took a day off work and played Whitetail in the morning with cart, Calabogie in the afternoon with cart, then on the way home I stopped in to play Mountain Creek carrying the bag. Not really too tiring and a good way to use up the Golf Show coupons.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Good grief and to think I considered joining Kerri for a round to deliver her logo ball Congrats girl--your a better woman than I
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Good grief and to think I considered joining Kerri for a round to deliver her logo ball Congrats girl--your a better woman than I
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by atomic View Post
    lol...keri, you played 2 less holes in 1 day than I have year to date...

Oh no that would just suck, I am still way behind last years count to date, but then again I don't go back to work till thurs the 5th so I am sure I can get in a few more games............and to imagine my daughter's think I have an addiction!!!

Bouche
    At Camelot they used to have a foursome go out and play as many holes as possible on the longest day of the year. They had carts and went the whole day! They had bright flags and they just played through groups all day as people cheered them on. It was quite funny to watch because they were usually running to their ball.
    Not sure how many holes they played but I can only assume it was more then 8 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Ok, this almost sounds like a normal golf day for you but enquiring minds want to know

AND
    3. what to hell were you and Steve doing that you each only got 2 hours sleep the night before

Will have to answer these questions when I have enough time to sit down and add up the scores.....been a busy weekend!! We are already trying to plan for our next marathon, anyone that thinks they can keep up is more than welcome to join us!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post

AND

Okay here goes just for the enquiring minds.................
    1. Kerry 441 for 70 holes, Steve 389 for 70 holes, and yes our scores got worse with each game
    2. it got too dark to do the last 2 holes, believe me we would have done it if we could have, we only had one twiglight ball between four people, if we had each had one we would have finished
    3. we stayed up trying to decide what time we were going to course, then for me I find it hard to sleep at night anyways and get excited about playing so couldn't sleep!!!!

Thread Information