+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar

Anyone else struggling right now!!

My golf game is HORRENDOUS!!!! I have never hit the driver this bad in my golfing career. I hit it off ot 7 tees today at Vieux Moulins and had to hit to hit provisionals on each of those tees!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    i played pretty well at emerald today, except for about 6 holes. other than those I was probably about 2 over. chipping and putting is awesome, drove the ball pretty well, but too many stupid shots and a few hosel rockets.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    My swing went south this winter. And hasn't come back Its horribly frustrating!

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Driver is awesome lately I've been even using two a la Mickelson; short game

Bouche
    played nation todaY and My driver was finally working! I hit 2 drives downwind about 350! Got tired on the back nine though and took two stupid doubles! Shot 77 and had 33 putts!!

John I can feel your frustration...just gotta keep swinging and the confidence willl bring ya back

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    my game is complete gone. My short game is sick right now but my wood and iron play is the worst its ever been. everything is a horrible to the right. I can't even hit a green from 110 yards away. something is really wrong. This happened to me once before.. goeff was there, he tried to help me but nothing worked. Luckily it went away but this time its here and i'm scared its here to stay. I shot around a 94 at irish hills (match so don't know the xact score) but with the way I was putting a chipping it could have been an 84 if my iron game was on. I have no clue how to fix this nor do i have the time to try and fix this
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Bouche
    hmmmmm it might be G-offs fault.....my game went to the ** and it was with geoff in B-ville......everything went wayyyyyyyy left. (I mean probably the worst case of hooks I have ever had) Maybe he brings the worst out of people............DISEASE!!!.....just playing

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I have a case of the hosel rockets right now. And it has gotten to the point I am scared over the ball every time!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I have played 24 games untill now and maybe five of those were good.I am struggling a lot this year as i have a case of bursitiss in my right shoulder and its really affecting my game to a point where I will stop playing for a while and rest.The worst has been putting.I cant hold my putter on line and cant make a practice swing before a shot as it increases the pain in my shoulder.But I am not complaining and I know a lot of people out there have aches and pains and its part of life.I know most of us will have a very good season but for now its just frustrating.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    ^^^^^^ It is sometimes known as "retiritis"
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    I can't putt for toffee right now. The rest of my game is decent but I am around 41 putts a round at the moment. I am heading out today to spend a few hours on the putting green. My chipping isn't much better. Time to really focus on the short game.

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    My game was doing great at the beginning of the season, then I pinched a nerve in my back (wouldn't wish that pain on anyone). Couldn't golf with the pain, now getting back out but my game is worse than it was before the injury . But gonna keep going out and hopefully it will get better. The putting really sucks though and has since the beginning, starting to think I may need glasses, can't putt straight to save my life!!!
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Yeah, I suck too
    I think I am only going to play scrambles going forward so someone else can putt for me
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    I am just about hitting every fairway... just not the one that I'm on..
    Seriously my game is where it left off last year. I'm currently getting lessons with Joe Dubinsky and I'm trying to correct my impact position... and it ain't easy... For some reason I'm now coming in steep with my driver and popping it up... only 3 more lessons to go.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I played with my 510TP yesterday and hit a lot of fairways with it. Not as long as my other drivers, but much straighter right now. It's staying in the bag unless we go to a wide open course. Putting is as good as its gonna get, short game as well. Just some bonehead iron play from time to time.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    My putting is really on right now, I have lots of confidence. Shot a 75 at Irish Hills and didn't hit a really good shot but made ever putt. I've been having troulbe with my tempo and my driver has felt it the worst. Went to the range for the first time on Tueday and I forced myself to relax and get back my tempo. All was good. Shots going straight and driver was good as well. I play tomorrow so we will see if I can keep that tempo on the course. As soon as I speed up, my shots suck.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Generally speaking my game has been better, but very inconsistent. My scores are usually terrible in the spring, but this year they are about average.

The driver is working great, and in general I'm hitting the ball longer which is requiring some adjustments to my club selection and strategy. Iron play is still inconsistent (and that inconsistency has spread to my fairway woods), but I'm missing long and left more instead of short and right. Short game is still a weakness but it is improving. Putting like a spaz, but that's normal for this time of year.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Me. I stink pretty badly right now.

I've tried everyting, drinking, smoking cigars, growing a moustache, shaving said moustache... nothing seems to work.

I think I'll try smoking AND drinking next time...
    Andrew

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I'm actually playing pretty well right now. My putting is great right now (note that I have probably just cursed myself) and I'm hitting the other clubs pretty well too.

I have two issues right now:

1. Type-A brain farts. Two or three holes in a round I make a really bad swing that ultimately results in double. No clue why these happen.

2. Type-C brain farts. I have been known to occasionally try a risky shot instead of playing smart.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Not playing too well right now. Finished last year in a flurry. Got the cap down to the lowest ever, 4. But this year, I've lost distance, hitting an unbelievable amount of shots fat, and can't even come close to breaking 80.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    ..I have been struggling this year, pretty huge. Although now that my irons are back from Ping, I have gained instant confidence. I had a great range session, and now that I have my bag sorted out, I feel much better. My problem was everything, really. A lot of bad long shots... things are looking up though, things are looking up..
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    just went into the backyard and took a few practice swings... man that is the best the swing has ever felt. Going to pakenham today at 4pm... lets hope i can put it all together.
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Bouche
    played marshes today from the tips......77!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LEt me tell that is a hell of a course from the back tees.....started with 8 pars and missed 3- 6 foot putts for birdies on the first 3 par 3's! got killed on the back as I started to get tired but I played incredible for the first 15 holes (+3 with a double on 11 and a three jack on 9 [for bogey after hitting my drive in the hazard] )

What a course and its in great shape. When anyone goes out there I will gladly join ya!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Game sucks

I can feel the pain Bryan and if i would have known maybe i would not have retired.LOL
    I am planning on going out with the wife and chip and putt and try and get the feel back in my right arm.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    ^^^^^^ It is sometimes known as "retiritis"

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    my game is screwing with me yet again. Every individual aspect of my game is better than it has ever been. Putting better, driving better, irons are more accurate, chipping is more accurate....but I can't score for the life of me. My game selectively abandons me just when I need it. One round...one round where I play my best...that's all I ask.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Actually I'm playing better this year---consistantly below 93---would be lower except for the 3 or 4 (WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING SHOTS)--
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I'm considering selling my CG membership and joining a lawn bowling league. That's how good I'm playing right now.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Nothing spectacular but I am 1 under for the last six 18's, some of which are combined nines. Huge improvement in the chip and run type shots which were always my nemesis. Holed a 207 yard, into the wind, 4 wood last week for a deuce - highlight of the year so far. Better scoring days ahead, I hope.

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    My short game is suddenly good (up and downs gone from 25% to almost 50%). But what was my best club, my driver, has gone south. Subsequently on an open course where I don't get too penalized on the wayward drives I am producing my best scores ever. But on tighter courses I am sucking due to penalty strokes!

There is light at the end of the tunnel however. Had a lesson and cleaned up some setup issues and now am hitting better at the range. Just need to get it onto the course!
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Up and down this season. Index up one point. Hope I play good this weekend during Intersectional qualification Sat & Sun.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Thread Information