100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road

Thunderbird indoor range

They've finnally got the rest of the nets up at the Thunderbird for hitting balls. It really allows you to have a good look at what the ball is doing. Distance from hitting station to the far net is about 30 yds. Very pleasant atmosphere. Hours are 8am to 4pm as the evenings and weekends are for soccer.
    Lessons are available and they will be starting some small group sessions shortly. So if you're fortunate enough to get out during the weekday this is a great place to practice.
    Rumour has it that there could be a much bigger dome in the east end for hitting next winter with a very similar setup but much longer hitting area.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Coliseum indoor range

Quote Originally Posted by gbower
    Rumour has it that there could be a much bigger dome in the east end for hitting next winter with a very similar setup but much longer hitting area.
    Another dome in the east end would be great. I went to the Colisium today and was quite impressed with the setup. Nice high ceiling, with the distance from mats to the far net at about 60 yards - plenty long for drivers and fairway woods. Prices for non-members are now very reasonable - $10 for 1/2 hour and $15 for 1 hour. They were having problems with their heating today and it was a little chilly, so they weren't charging anything and said you could stay as long as you want! Classy organization! I just wish they were open for golf on weekends and evenings.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Driver natgolfer is on a distinguished road
    There is no doubt that the practice facility over the football field is the best around. One aspect that is really nice is that the backdrop is dark making it easier to follow the flight of the ball.

While shorter, the 30 or so yards at the Thunderbird facility is long enough to tell you how the ball is flying, and it is certainly handy for west enders.

At $250 for the season (Dec.1 to Apr. 15) the price is reasonable. Being retired and able to hit any day, any time, has its advantages.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by natgolfer
    There is no doubt that the practice facility over the football field is the best around. One aspect that is really nice is that the backdrop is dark making it easier to follow the flight of the ball.

While shorter, the 30 or so yards at the Thunderbird facility is long enough to tell you how the ball is flying, and it is certainly handy for west enders.

At $250 for the season (Dec.1 to Apr. 15) the price is reasonable. Being retired and able to hit any day, any time, has its advantages.
    Ah, but for us poor souls who toil for a living until well after 4 p.m. Thunderbird is no longer the haven it once was. Last year my wife and I would be there hitting balls in the evenings at least four times a week with lessons on Saturday morning. Now, none of that is possible. It's a real shame.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Hey Colby, dream on about it getting warmer in there. I watch my wife play indoor Soccer there twice a week & I never take my coat or gloves off!! And that's at night presumably after the heats been all day for the golfers. :shake

Driver natgolfer is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by faldo
    Hey Colby, dream on about it getting warmer in there. I watch my wife play indoor Soccer there twice a week & I never take my coat or gloves off!! And that's at night presumably after the heats been all day for the golfers. :shake
    If this refers to the Thunderbird, then new heaters/furnace were installed on Friday to heat the part where the golf is.

I don't know about the actual Dome. It's traditionally, COLD!!!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faldo
    How did I get involved with this?
    :greensmil
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Good question there lad. OH well

Sand Wedge golferwilliam is on a distinguished road

domes are cold

Hey guys domes are great but they are toooooooooooooooo cold.
    I prefer to be inside. there's a new indoor place at fairlawn plaza across from Carlingwood. Right next to Canadian Tire. Only 10$ per hour or 25$ per week with instruction.

3 Wood Rough Stuff is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golferwilliam
    there's a new indoor place at fairlawn plaza across from Carlingwood. Right next to Canadian Tire. Only 10$ per hour or 25$ per week with instruction.
    What is it? 30 yard long with nets ?

Thread Information