CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road

A dream comes true...My first 009!!!

I'm super excited. It finally got on this side of the border. In short, it's a pretty plain (!!!) Oil Can 009 beached­ with a flowing neck. It has a crown "C"ameron, a Circle T on the heel, what appears to be an upside down "S"cotty Cameron and weighs 350 grams. It also comes with the new stepless shaft, latest FTUO shaftband and super rare orange Baby T grip. This beauty will begin her career this coming Sunday...

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Sweet! Congrats!

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Vey nice!! Congrats Steph!
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    One of the nicest 009s I have ever seen. Wow wow wow wow wow!!!! Congrats Steph!!!!

Albatross bobjones59 is on a distinguished road bobjones59's Avatar

Welcome to the club my friend, welcome to the club. Can't wait to see it in person, she looks beautiful! Long wait Steph but worth it. Can't even begin to describe the feel when putting with a 009, like nothing else out there. Congratulations buddy.
    Jeff
    If you're not wasted...the day is!

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    That is a beautiful putter Steph.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Gorgeous! Lucky you

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    Nice stick BE!

If you ever want to part with the orange baby t, I've got a never used orange studio design with old ct shaft for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by atomic View Post
    Nice stick BE!

If you ever want to part with the orange baby t, I've got a never used orange studio design with old ct shaft for ya!
    Thanks Tom. I like the Baby Ts better than the studio. However, if I ever intend to sell the Orange Baby T for whatever reason, I'll keep you in mind.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Very, very nice putter Steph - Congrats!!!

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    love the stick!! Can't wait to get a GSS Newport 2 of my own!

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    lol, I was pretty sure that this was a longshot...oh well, can't wait to see it!

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    So how many putts did you have on Sunday???? Does it play as nice as it looked?

31 putts on Sunday...my average distance to the hole/GIR was about 40 feet!!!!! I putted from angles/distance I didn't know were possible at HP. Considering having some serious practice with my 54* from the fairway if I want to have any chance of making the intersectional team. My prediction is that it's going to take two rounds of 75 to make it this year! I've always been pretty good from 100 yds but this year I'm having problems to get within a reasonable distance to make birdies...nothing even the best Scotty Cameron in the world could do to help in that department!!! At least, I didn't make any three putts...

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Steph, i'm scared to ask but I must know... how much??
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

I will not disclose the exact price but the market for a new and plain 009 starts roughly around $2000...you add a couple more $$$ for special markings and other distinctive characteristics...

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    I will not disclose the exact price but the market for a new and plain 009 starts roughly around $2000...you add a couple more $$$ for special markings and other distinctive characteristics...
    LOL.. that is nuts!!!!!!! I thought it was maybe $500 or something. Good stick man, congrats
    willy

Baxter
    Yup it's nuts.....but it's only money...Way to go...Nice stick...

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I was curious as to the price as well. Yikes! But like Dave says, people spend their money on different things, so more power to you.

I know for me that if I dropped that kind of cash on a putter I better be averaging 26 PPR or better.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    I was curious as to the price as well. Yikes! But like Dave says, people spend their money on different things, so more power to you.

I know for me that if I dropped that kind of cash on a putter I better be averaging 26 PPR or better.

We all know that is not going to happen. The only thing that will help you get to those types of numbers would be Brad Faxon putting for you.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Steph,

I am curiou about something. Not withstanding the quality of craftsmanship or the collector/resale value, is there something about this putter that you would say is helping you improve in putting?

What I am getting at is this? Is this putter any better at judging distance, or hitting you line and speed with; compared to say a TeI3 or another putter?

Thanks,

Putter Don Yario is on a distinguished road
    yes, for the new guys on the forum (myself included), please explain the hype.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    We all know that is not going to happen. The only thing that will help you get to those types of numbers would be Brad Faxon putting for you.
    or just playing the front nine
    willy

It really depend on the number of GIR you have in a round. If I was hitting 4 GIR/round I'd be really frustrated if I had no less than 30 putts/round. However, since I hit a lot of GIR, my putting average tends to be a bit higher. When I have less than 30 putts/round it means two things; I went very low or was all over the place with my iron game!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    It really depend on the number of GIR you have in a round. If I was hitting 4 GIR/round I'd be really frustrated if I had no less than 30 putts/round. However, since I hit a lot of GIR, my putting average tends to be a bit higher. When I have less than 30 putts/round it means two things; I went very low or was all over the place with my iron game!

Sorry Steph, my comment was directed at John.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    In my defense, I haven't had more than 30 putts in my last three rounds.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    Steph,

I am curiou about something. Not withstanding the quality of craftsmanship or the collector/resale value, is there something about this putter that you would say is helping you improve in putting?

What I am getting at is this? Is this putter any better at judging distance, or hitting you line and speed with; compared to say a TeI3 or another putter?

Thanks,

The main difference is, if your patient enough, you may get the exact model that you prefer. The 009 always have a Newport-like clubhead. They are pretty similar to OTRs Newport and Newport 1.5, although there are some other models like centreshaft, welded neck and mid slant. You may get a plumber's neck (Newport) or flowing neck (Newport 1.5), whatever suits your putting stroke better. I prefer the flowing neck models, thus the reason why I sold my SSS to get my current 009. Then, you may decide to have it "beached" (sound slot on the bottom). The Beach Models tend to feel crispier, largely attributed to the sound made at impact. Afterwards, you may seek for the finish of your choice. The most popular finishes are Black Pearl (very expensive - no longer produced), Oil Can (like mine) or the rust and maintenance-free Pro Platinum. Finally, aside from specific stampings (Ying Yang, Scotty Dog, Smiley face, Circle T, Crown, etc...) you may also decide to go with a flange line, dot on the topline or with no aids at all. Like I said, although I believe that the Custom Shop used to produce putters to your exact specifications, if you're patient enough, you may get the putter with the characteristics of your choice.

Obviously, if you ask someone whether the feeling of a Tour putter is different, they will (including myself) tell you that it is indeed different. IMO putting is 90% confidence. Since I got exactly what I was looking for, I feel more confident because all the right pieces are together. I obviously went a long way, trying almost every models available before knowing exactly which model suits my own game. Am I suddenly a better putter? Obvioulsy no. You still have to read the breaks and the to get the right speed.

As for the price and the hype, there is obviously no logic behind that other than these are truly beauties and the pleasure of holding a very unique handmande putter. Why do people pay $350000 for a Ferrari when they could get the same or even better performance for 1/3 of that price? There are things money can't buy, for anything else, there is MasterCard

No worries Geoff, I just quoted the wrong reply.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Thank you for the detailed and thoughtful response.

The main difference is, if your patient enough, you may get the exact model that you prefer. The 009 always have a Newport-like clubhead. They are pretty similar to OTRs Newport and Newport 1.5, although there are some other models like centreshaft, welded neck and mid slant. You may get a plumber's neck (Newport) or flowing neck (Newport 1.5), whatever suits your putting stroke better. I prefer the flowing neck models, thus the reason why I sold my SSS to get my current 009. Then, you may decide to have it "beached" (sound slot on the bottom). The Beach Models tend to feel crispier, largely attributed to the sound made at impact. Afterwards, you may seek for the finish of your choice. The most populars finishes are Black Pearl (very expensive - no longer produced), Oil Can (like mine) or the rust and maintenance-free Pro Platinum. Finally, aside from specific stampings (Ying Yang, Scotty Dog, Smiley face, Circle T, Crown, etc...) you may also decide to go with a flange line, dot on the topline or with no aids at all. Like I said, although I believe that the Custom Shop used to produce putters to your exact specifications, if you're patient enough, you may get the putter with the characteristics of your choice.

Obviously, if you ask someone if the feeling of a Tour putter is different, they will (including myself) tell you that it is indeed different. IMO putting is 90% confidence. Since I got exactly what I was looking for, I feel more confident because all the right pieces are together. I obviously went a long way, trying almost every models available before knowing exactly which model suits my own game. Am I suddenly a better putter? Obvioulsy no. You still have to read the breaks and the to get the right speed.

As for the price and the hype, there is obviously no logic behind that other than these are truly beauties and the pleasure of holding a very unique handmande putter. Why do people pay $350000 for a Ferrari when they could get the same or even better performance for 1/3 of that price? There are things money can't buy, for anything else, there is MasterCard

Thread Information