100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road

cobra gofl caps, military style

hey,

in the last few weeks i have noticed some tour players, (Villgeas) wearing a cobra golf cap, but in the sort of cuban military style, anyone else see this? would anyone know where you can get this? i have looked all over the internet but nothing

thanks

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    They are VERY rare. Ryan Moore also wears them, but Ping. I know I have seen a couple on ebay before, but they end up being pretty pricey. I have seen a Ping one at Golftown before, as well. The next time I went in it was gone. You can buy some at Marks Work Warehouse that look decent, but are not a golf brand.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I have seen the Ping ones at Golftown in TO and Ottawa...
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    I've seen / heard them referred to as "painter's caps" on TGN. Maybe they're keeping them rare to maintain the price line. If it won't cover my ears then I ain't buyin'.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Ranger Caps..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

You can Google "painters cap" and find lots at good prices. May not be exactly what you are looking for as they almost all appear to be white cotton and logo-less. Try e4hats.com. They have a variety of styles including the "army".

thanks, i am specifically looking for the cobra one, seems suspect to have it on tour, but not available to public. what is the point of yoru tour player wearing it if you do not sell it

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfott View Post
    thanks, i am specifically looking for the cobra one, seems suspect to have it on tour, but not available to public. what is the point of yoru tour player wearing it if you do not sell it
    If you watch carefully, most apparel Tour players wear, is not available in the same colour or style as they sell in retail. For instance, the only way to get the FootJoy Classic Premieres in the colour Paul Goydos was wearing is to custom order them. They run about $650. Same goes for the Tour 360 LTD's that Sergio was wearing. You cannot get the black with white stripes, on the black with red piping on the stripes.

EG, that's the good thing about the painters caps I found on the internet. They appear to be an "artsy" type item, as opposed to what you see on TGN. You could decorated any way you wanted. I recall a thread some weeks ago when one of the guys talked about decorating a golf ball. Why not caps? Have your own logo stitched on, be unique, why just follow the guys on tv? I know for a fact that dressing up like them does not help (me) one bit. Just a thought but at the price you could order a bunch in, get them logo'd and put them in the goodie bags for the OG Golf Tourney. Imagine 30 OG golfers all with their names on their hats ...

yes,. i get lots of thing embroided with my own things. i just happen to really like that cobra cap.

tour players wearing clothes make a lot of these companies a lot of money by having the public be able to buy there stuff.

Think of Johan lindberg, he was nothing until jasper wore his clothes, now look at the line!

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    EG, that's the good thing about the painters caps I found on the internet. They appear to be an "artsy" type item, as opposed to what you see on TGN. You could decorated any way you wanted. I recall a thread some weeks ago when one of the guys talked about decorating a golf ball. Why not caps? Have your own logo stitched on, be unique, why just follow the guys on tv? I know for a fact that dressing up like them does not help (me) one bit. Just a thought but at the price you could order a bunch in, get them logo'd and put them in the goodie bags for the OG Golf Tourney. Imagine 30 OG golfers all with their names on their hats ...
    Yeah those hats are great for having your own logo or design embroidered on them. Awesome find!

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Saw these caps at the GAP in Bayshore Shopping Centre last night...no logo and comes in blue and black for $25.

i have found a nice puma one, so will go with them for now

Putter cynkalan is on a distinguished road
    I found my military Cobra hat on Ebay.

Thread Information