100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Changes at the Canadian

Starting September 24th, Golf Course Architect, Steve Ward (projects include Trillium Woods, Belleville, Timber Ridge, Brighton and Renfrew Golf Club) will oversee the complete rebuilding of holes 14, 15 and 16 on the Canadian's West Course.

Construction plans include up to 4 new tee decks on each hole with large contoured greens and rolling contoured fairways. They will also be adding a new double row automated irrigation system on these holes with extensive drainage to ensure no puddles after rain. To challenge golfers and to provide extra water storage, a new pond will be constructed between the 14th and 15th holes. Tees, greens and fairways will be sodded. Construction will be completed in early November. Grow-in will take place in the spring with these dramatic new holes re-opening mid-May 2002.

To accomodate construction of these holes, they will be implementing a slight hole routing change to the West Course and temporary closure of the 9 Hole East Course. The West Course will be played 1 through 13, skipping the 2nd hole. After the 13th green, you will play #7 East and then proceed to #17 West and #18 West. Your final 3 holes will be 1, 2, & 3 on the East, completing your round of golf directly behind the clubhouse.

For 9 hole members and golfers wishing to play only 9 holes, 2 times per hour will be designated, (on the hour and the half hour). After playing 9 holes golfers will be picked up by shuttle and returned to the clubhouse.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

canadian

thanks for the info........
    sounds pretty confusing to me. I'll wait till they're done!
    I think with this posting, it will help reduce any negative feelings towards the golf course by golfers. Knowing this in advance is definately a good thing. Too bad not everyone is checking on OttawaGolf to find all this out.
    good job dan and thanks

Pitching Wedge jeff026 is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Canadian

Lots of good stuff happening at that golf course in the last couple of years. Dan, I hope you can persuade them to get on board with OG.com ...
    Even though their not part of our package, I still get out there a few times a year.
    Congrads to the owner, he's got what it takes to make things happen
    Jeff026

Thread Information