CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Allergies!!!!!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar

Allergies!!!!!

Is anyone else out there dying right now!!!!

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road
    My allergy season is a little later in the summer.
    Back at it.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I haven't found it too bad this year...though I noticed it worse the last couple of days. Luckily the 84 pack of Reactine I got from is kicking in right about now
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I'm worse in the fall than this time of year. Reactine is taking care of it for me.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I am dying. Alternating between extra strength Chlor Tripilon and sinus antihistimines, neither of which gives me full relief. When we go three or four days without rain, it really gets bad.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Spackler i'm in the same boat as you pal. I'm on a 20mg dose of prescription Reactine and i'm dying. I need to get back on the Flonase trip.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Flonase works great, I can't remember why I stopped taking it. Cutting the lawn yesterday did not help things. lol

Baxter
    Yup, My wife and I were going crazy with them....until we bought this new pill out in the states...I will get the name when I'm home later today....There are 2 different pills same company...One over the counter and the other you have to ask for and give I'D....Reactine sucks compared to this....I have stop the Flonase as well.....
    So far..This is working...Sorry but will post later today.

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    My allergies & sinus's are going crazy. I'm using Reactine & Advil Cold & sinus Plus and it is working like a charm !!!!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Advil cold & sinus saved me for 2 bad stretches of sinus headache/infection last year. 1st during the allergy season, 2nd in the dead middle of the winter (which leads me to believe I don't have allergies at all) I am currently (huge knock on wood) not bothered at all.
    But if it weren't for advil cold & sinus I'd have taken about 2 months off work this winter. bless whatever it is they put in that stuff.
    Andrew

OMG! maybe my fabulous moustache is filtering out the allergens this year!
    Andrew

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    OMG! maybe my fabulous moustache is filtering out the allergens this year!
    This I have to see.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    This I have to see.
    A little like this

Except Shave the head, and of course I'm better looking than Ethan Hawke.
    Andrew

and i thought I was the only one who suffered this bad. I find after a few solid days of Reactine I can deal with things fine. I work in AC all day which is good.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Yeah, this time of year is bad. I didn't get faithfully going soon enough on the allergy meds this year and it really caught me. I'm good now except for the burning eyes. I have found that a combo of Flonase and Loratadine pills works best for me. You can buy no name Loratadine which is great and if you're a Costco member they sell them really cheap. I beleive it was under $20 for 120 pills.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Yes I am taking Allegra every day Sucky allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by jsttaylor View Post
    Yeah, this time of year is bad. I didn't get faithfully going soon enough on the allergy meds this year and it really caught me. I'm good now except for the burning eyes. I have found that a combo of Flonase and Loratadine pills works best for me. You can buy no name Loratadine which is great and if you're a Costco member they sell them really cheap. I beleive it was under $20 for 120 pills.
    I tried Loratadine last year and it did nothing for me. In fact Reactine is the only one with any sort of effect. When its real bad for me nothing works.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Used to have allergies to some vegitation many years ago and went to the Dr. Took shots, once a week, for 11 years. Allergies are almost gone now. Odd time that I have to pop a tablet or two. Used to use Chloro-Tripalon (?) but they stopped making it. Have not found a good replacement for it. Now I just get a little sneezy and once in a while if I am outside during a particularly bad time I go a little hoarse. The treatment was a little extreme, but the allergies were getting worse and missing weeks of work just for a runny nose was not an alternative.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    My allergies are off the charts this year . Reactine does nothing at the moment , i changed to aerius and i've got slightly better results , but it hasn't helped much on the bad days (today)
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    My allergies are off the hook this year too. I'll get a full 8 hours sleep and feel like I've only had a cat nap. Reactine, Dristan 24 hour and sinus pills are barely keeping my nostrils open.....I won't even start about the itchy eyes

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Mine kick up mostly on the golf courses and usually only for a few holes. Once I am away from certain holes it gets better. But I use Tylenol cold and sinus. I find the spring and fall the worst, last year when they started with the fertilizer on the greens, man just about killed me. But I find I am different than some in here I am worse when it is rainy and damp, right after a rain is when I get really stuffed up. I use to use Hismanal and it worked great till they took it off the market.....figures it works so lets get rid of it!!!
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Just like the golf balls---allergic to short grass
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I have them bad. I don't know exactly what I'm allergic to besides my two cats from time to time, but nothing works except Clariton Extra Strength 24 hours and I've tried THEM ALL!

Bouche
    I have bad allergies. My symptons are....if I start rubbing my eyes WATCH OUT! if I start sneezing WATCH OUT! I cant take any pills because I have asthma so I just use the drops and tough it out. I think I am allergic to pollen and it usually goes away after a month of allergies every day!

Baxter
    Zyrtec and Zyrtec-D This is the new stuff we are using...45 pills for $28.00 for the regular and I think the D is close to the same ratio...

Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    This time of year i'm usually taking so many drugs and sprays for my allergies. However so far I haven't had to use anything as I bought a Neti Pot at shoppers and use it twice a day and knock on wood so far so good, no problems whats so ever

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensgirl View Post
    This time of year i'm usually taking so many drugs and sprays for my allergies. However so far I haven't had to use anything as I bought a Neti Pot at shoppers and use it twice a day and knock on wood so far so good, no problems whats so ever
    I just googled it. Looks interesting. I get massive sinus headaches, had one last night after golfing I have in the past used some form of nasal irrigation. Helps a lot. I think I will pick one up.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    I've been doing the shots for a year now. That and a beclomethasone dipropionate nasal spray. This is the first year that I have worn my contacts through the tree pollen season. The shots are the key. Get tested, the payoff is incredible!

Shagging Balls Gapwedge is on a distinguished road Gapwedge's Avatar
    I used to suffer a tremendous amount - mostly due to birch, alder, ragweed. I did the shots for 5 years, and they helped a lot. I still get a few days that are not great, tried the reactine / claritin route but foulnd I could no longer tolerate the decongestant (pseudoephedrine).

Now I use aerius (http://www.aerius.ca/en/discover/). It's great. The pharm called it "the 4th generation of allergy relief". I was skeptical at first - but no longer.
    ________
    Luca Baldisseri
    Last edited by Gapwedge; 02-22-2011 at 03:42 AM.

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    I cant take any pills because I have asthma so I just use the drops and tough it out.
    I've never heard of this. If your doc told you this, you should try another doctor, perhaps just certain ones need to be avoided?

And from the site Gap just posted: "Aerius has been shown to decrease allergy symptoms in patients suffering from mild to moderate asthma without worsening their asthmatic symptoms"

Thread Information