100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar

original Pro V's

O.K. so I'm going through a bunch of 5 gallon buckets(6) with various golf balls that I've used in the last 10 years. I had a habit at one time to use a new sleeve of golf balls for every round, 9 or 18 didn't matter. When I finished the round I would put them in a small bucket in the trunk and throw them in a bigger one at home. I'm cleaning and sorting the balls and what do I find but a stash of original pro v's, were talking about 10 dozen like new balls so I threw a couple in my clic gear cart and use one on a 130 par three downhill. Hit a punch shot with a pitching wedge keeping the hands low on the follow thru to make sure I don't go long. I hit two and a half feet in front of the pin and then it has the nerve to suck back 8 yards uphill. Well my fellow competitors ask me how I did that and I told me it was a old pro v. And all they could say was damn!!! What bites is that we were in the last group and I was way inside the closest to the pin when the ball decided to leave the zip code . It's been a few years since I've used any of these balls and I forgot just how much they spin. I would be interested in any other stories about others and their exploits with the original Pro V's.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Ironmaster,as i am not as wealthy as you are LOL,my box of balls consists mostly of Top Flite,Pinnacle,etcc.sort of balls.One thing i can tell you hitting Pro V,s for the first time last year is that i can actually hold a green now.I have a very low ball flight and these just seem to be great for attacking greens.I wish i could play them all the time but i would have to give up something else(like Cuban cigars,beer and good wine)My only prob. is hitting them into the wind.Am I right to assume that these spin a whole lot more than a normal ball when its windy?If i go to a hard cover ball i am o.k.but as soon as i play a softer ball i loose it way right.Any thoughts.
    Thanks.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Normally a high spin ball will balloon a bit into the wind, but the new pro V's have no where the spin as the original one's and that's what I was playing on Thursday when I was surprised by the about of spin generated by that ball.....well!!! a nice clean ball strike with a lofted iron had some to do with it also .

Thread Information