+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bouche

Where should I get fitted??

Well...after reading another thread on getting fitted I realized that its about time that I get fitted. I have been playing the game for 7 years now and I have never been fitted. I am finally starting to update my clubs and I think this is the best time for me to have someone really look at my swing.

Just curious on where I should take my first steps and who I should go to. HELP PLZ!

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Don iriving at artisan golf. he is the only one I've ever been to but I had no complaints. There are some other guys out there but so far everyone I have refered to him has loved what he has done for there game
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    How much did it cost Silly? What is the ongoing rate for a fitting session?
    If you just want to go in for an assessment and not ready to get any club work done how much on average should someone expect to pay?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Albatross Smoothie is on a distinguished road Smoothie's Avatar
    Curious as well. I will most likely be seeing Artisan, would like an iron and driver fitting.

Bouche
    I just sent my irons into ping. I have the S59's and I am getting them 2* upright. What I am really concerned about is the shaft I need on my driver. I dont know my clubhead speed and I still dont know alot about shafts. All I know is that the shaft I have right now is not working for me.

I just feel like I need to get my swing analysed and to make sure im using the right equipment.

Matt

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    How much did it cost Silly? What is the ongoing rate for a fitting session?
    If you just want to go in for an assessment and not ready to get any club work done how much on average should someone expect to pay?
    As a clubfitter I'd expect you to know Chief. Why are you challenging Silly? Not a very helpful post.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    As a clubfitter I'd expect you to know Chief. Why are you challenging Silly? Not a very helpful post.
    I am not a clubfitter Dan. Just a hobbyist. I have never fitted anybody here or anywhere else. I am not challenging Silly at all. He got fitted therefore he should know the cost. It is a fair question for all forum members to know.I am sure a lot of folks want to know.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Fair enough. My bad.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

No prob. It used to be $80 at swingsync. If the golfer went ahead and bought equipment from Eric the fitting amount was deducted from the total cost.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Matt,

Go see Don at Artisan, he is really a good guy and won't sell you something that you don't need or can't afford. I think it's around $50 for a fitting on the launch monitor and by the end of the fitting you will know what shaft and loft you need for your driver to give you max carry distance or accuracy. When he did mine, I bought a shaft from him as well and I didn't pay the $50 for the fitting. I think he only charges you if you just want the fitting.

Bouche
    awesome. thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    I just sent my irons into ping. I have the S59's and I am getting them 2* upright.
    Matt
    Sorry for being blunt but how did you go about deciding that you need 2 degrees upright across the board? Clubheads have tolerances and 2 degrees may not be necessary on all clubs. Some will need a 3 degree change and some will need 1 degree change and some none at all.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    As a clubfitter I'd expect you to know Chief.
    What is your definition of a clubfitter? Performing a few shaft changes here and there is imho not clubfitting. There are a bunch of guys on this forum that can perform the task but I would not call them clubfitters. I could easily become a fulltime clubfitter if I desired but that would require some $$$$ and time.
    A lot of guys that I do repairs for have their mind made up before they get to my place. I don't argue with them I just perform what they ask me to do. A lot of them are stubborn anyway.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    When I saw Don 2 years ago he charged me $50 for a driver fitting. I suppose his price has changed. But he's only a phone call away 613-592-0524
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I have gone to both Don Irving (Artisan Golf) in Kanata and Al Bezanson (Al's Clubhouse) in Greely for different things and they were both excellent. There is also Les McBride (Clubs 'R' Us) in Stittsville, who I believe contributes to the forum from time to time (I think his forum name is downhillslider??).

I believe some OEM's like Ping and Callaway will not longer honour their warranty if the clubs were adjusted by someone else, but OTOH they will usually make the adjustments for little or no cost if you go through them. However, it still might be worthwhile going to a professional clubfitter to see what those adjustments should be.

[quote=justsomeguy;252543]. There is also Les McBride (Clubs 'R' Us) in Stittsville, who I believe contributes to the forum from time to time (I think his forum name is downhillslider??).

quote]

He is also a forum sponsor.
    http://www.ottawagolf.com/clubsrus/index.htm
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chris St. Michael View Post
    When I saw Don 2 years ago he charged me $50 for a driver fitting. I suppose his price has changed. But he's only a phone call away 613-592-0524

Actually Greg Mcmillan from the Golfworks gave me the best tip for a driver fitting. The procedure is a little long but very worthwhile.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Has Greg ever made a tip short .. Greg if you are reading this perhaps you can add your comments..
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    "A lot of guys that I do repairs for have their mind made up before they get to my place. I don't argue with them I just perform what they ask me to do. A lot of them are stubborn anyway."

Comeon Chief, out those guys, name names

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    $20 for a putter fitting
    $50 for a driver fitting
    $80 for an iron fitting if I remember correctly

I'm not friends with Don or anything I'm a customers and he is my club fitter. I plug his name whenever I get the chance because he has been good to me and he does great work.

Driver fitting - Got fit two years ago, finally decided to get the shaft this year. Told me what shaft to get (again), luckily bought a driver that already had that shaft, came in and let me swing it for 30min.. total cost?? $50 paid 2 years ago. The guy is really nice, driver didn't have a headcover, gave me a new one (matching my driver). I then refered 3 of my friends to him for driver fittings and they love what he did for them. Is he the best in the city? I have no clue, could anyone beat his customer service.. I doubt it

Two of them then went in for putter fittings and I went along. Asked him if there was any point in getting fit since I use a belly putter and its unlikely to push or pull a putt with one of those. He said come in take a few putts and lets see anyway. His prices are good, customer service is awesome

Hope that answers your question chief
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

7 Iron albatrossman is on a distinguished road
    As another satisfied customer of Artisan Golf, I can second Sillywilly's comments. Don has fit me with KZG clubs, made numerous adjustments to them, and reshafted my son's clubs. He is knowledgeable, fair, and has lots of integrity. He only recommends changes that he honestly believes will significantly impact your on-course performance.

Big Smoke
    Have to agree with Chieflongtee, Greg ay GolfWorks is the best. Went to visit a local club builder and asked to give me a certain frequency for my driver ( a new shaft Fujikura) and he said he could not gurantee me that number I was wanting which was strange for "professional club builder" and wanted to sell me an Accra shaft which is not even close to the shaft I was wanting!!! Called Fujikura and they recommeneded to go to GolfWorks and see Greg. very Knowledgeable.WOW!!! man this guy knows his stuff. After 30 minutes took to shafts and used my head he said no problem at all. The next day pick up the club and Bob is your Uncle FANTASTIC shaft by Fujikura and Greg dialed the Flex perfectly to what I was wanting. Fujikura only sells the shaft as an installed price. so no one can buy it for a consumer they told me, had to be installed a by a qualified fitter. The price was worth all of the hype of the shaft that it boasts about and when fitted properly by a certain frequency.WOW!!! like I mentioned before only 8-10 more yards but hitting fairways like I have never hit before on mis hits and when I find the centre of the Face does that ball travels.

Just my experience that is all.

Smoke. Not to discredit others but Greg is also an excellent golfer therefore he can help you with both fitting and instruction. In his previous life he was a golf pro.And for a guy his size he can give the ball a pretty good smack.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Smoke. Not to discredit others but Greg is also an excellent golfer therefore he can help you with both fitting and instruction. In his previous life he was a golf pro.And for a guy his size he can give the ball a pretty good smack.

You should have him show you his "no-look" swing.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    You should have him show you his "no-look" swing.
    I saw it. I also saw his not facing the target swing
    Mahatma Gandhi

5 Iron semperfi45 is on a distinguished road semperfi45's Avatar

Thumbs up

I agree with this. I would also go to Don Irving at Artisan Golf. www.artisangolfco.com

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    $20 for a putter fitting
    $50 for a driver fitting
    $80 for an iron fitting if I remember correctly

I'm not friends with Don or anything I'm a customers and he is my club fitter. I plug his name whenever I get the chance because he has been good to me and he does great work.

Driver fitting - Got fit two years ago, finally decided to get the shaft this year. Told me what shaft to get (again), luckily bought a driver that already had that shaft, came in and let me swing it for 30min.. total cost?? $50 paid 2 years ago. The guy is really nice, driver didn't have a headcover, gave me a new one (matching my driver). I then refered 3 of my friends to him for driver fittings and they love what he did for them. Is he the best in the city? I have no clue, could anyone beat his customer service.. I doubt it

Two of them then went in for putter fittings and I went along. Asked him if there was any point in getting fit since I use a belly putter and its unlikely to push or pull a putt with one of those. He said come in take a few putts and lets see anyway. His prices are good, customer service is awesome

Hope that answers your question chief
    Semper fi,
    [URL="http://www.swingsyncgolf.ca"]www.swingsyncgolf.ca[/URL]

Putter ThatBobGuy is on a distinguished road ThatBobGuy's Avatar
    Hey Chief,
    I understand Greg is no longer at Golfworks. Any idea where he's gone? TY

Greg started his own business last Winter. http://www.greggfoley.com/

He's back with Kevin Haime for the Summer.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by semperfi45 View Post
    Greg started his own business last Winter. http://www.greggfoley.com/

He's back with Kevin Haime for the Summer.
    Wrong guy, he's talking about Greg that worked at the Golfworks component shop on Industrial Ave.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Xin loi...

Thread Information