100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heatley

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar

Heatley

the heat is on in halifax! 10 points in 3 games! Getzlaf and Heatley have some kind of chemistry going!

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    so what hapopened to all the stories (excuses) about him being hurt, or tired for the playoffs? same for spezza. after their miserable performance in the playoffs all that was said was they must be hurt, they were just too tired from playing so much last year.

well if that was true wouldn't they have jumped at the chance for a rest? guess not.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I was wondering the same thing myself. He sure seems to have a lot of energy for someone who was apparently tired and hurt.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    The reason is quite simple boys........the Olympics are in 2010 and if you don't answer the call when Canada calls you to play on the International team you'll have NO CHANCE to play for Canada in the Olympics....

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    I was wondering the same thing myself. He sure seems to have a lot of energy for someone who was apparently tired and hurt.
    2 players dont make a team! notice he is not with Spezza! How many scoring chances did Heatley get in the play-offs?....not many. He is a pure scorer and when Spezza gives the puck up, how can he score?! He could have been hurt or tired....more mentally then anything I bet! He needs the puck and when it does not happen then they loose in 4.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    The reason is quite simple boys........the Olympics are in 2010 and if you don't answer the call when Canada calls you to play on the International team you'll have NO CHANCE to play for Canada in the Olympics....
    I don't know about that... i think Luongo and Brodeur have a pretty decent chance of playing for Team Canada in 2010. I think the difference is simply the competition. Obviously you are gonna get more scoring chances against Slovakia etc. than Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    I don't know about that... i think Luongo and Brodeur have a pretty decent chance of playing for Team Canada in 2010. I think the difference is simply the competition. Obviously you are gonna get more scoring chances against Slovakia etc. than Pittsburgh
    It is a well accepted fact that you had better answer the call and play for Canada when you are asked - especially for the younger players.

I actually don't expect to see Marty Brodeur at the Olympics has play has been going down hill lately. Luongo has an enfant child at home which is a reasonable excuse for missing IMO

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I think I read somewhere that Heatly is now the leading scorer for Team Canada in World Championship history? Passed Marcel Dionne I think. Isn't that comparable to Crash Davis breaking the career minor league home run record in Bull Durham? I'm glad he plays well for Team Canada, but maybe he shouldn't be playing for them so often.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    2 players dont make a team! notice he is not with Spezza! How many scoring chances did Heatley get in the play-offs?....not many. He is a pure scorer and when Spezza gives the puck up, how can he score?! He could have been hurt or tired....more mentally then anything I bet! He needs the puck and when it does not happen then they loose in 4.
    Yeah, but they were both more than useless when Alfie wasn't in the lineup. I do kind of agree with Hacker, but for a different reason. Their agents probably told them that they'd better show up and perform for team Canada after that useless playoff performance, otherwise the Olympic team would be a long shot.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    I've never seen such forgetfulness out of SO-CALLED fans of the Senators. 50 goals, 51 goals, then 41 goals in an injury-shortened season.
    Spare me the "no-show in the playoffs" posts...he performed to get us to the Finals last year.
    Whatever happened to "there's no I in team?" The critics are pathetic.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    I've never seen such forgetfulness out of SO-CALLED fans of the Senators. 50 goals, 51 goals, then 41 goals in an injury-shortened season.
    Spare me the "no-show in the playoffs" posts...he performed to get us to the Finals last year.
    Whatever happened to "there's no I in team?" The critics are pathetic.
    what have you done for me lately....
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Come on boys he has the Canadian Flag on his sweater! Playing for his country is bringing out the best of him again

Maybe he was slightly injured during the first round of the playoffs. Remember he has had some time to recoup before going to Halifax.

My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Maybe he has only played against one quality team so far in this tourney!!!

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    what have you done for me lately....
    he did have 5 points in 4 games i believe, a lot of players would LOVE to average 1.25 points/game in the playoffs.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    he did have 5 points in 4 games i believe, a lot of players would LOVE to average 1.25 points/game in the playoffs.
    It was one assist in 4 games, .25 points per game, he was -5 for the series.

Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    Maybe he has only played against one quality team so far in this tourney!!!
    Maybe, but he did score 2 goals including the game winner in the last minute in that game........I have noticed that all of the leaf players in the tourney are just tearing up the scoring race though

Thread Information