100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar

BUSHNELL Rangefinder

Just purchased the B...Yardage Pro and found it quite difficult to pick up exact yardage distances to the pin......Is it worth the extra 100 for the Medalist? Your opinions appreciated.

Scott

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    I would spend my money on the 1500 if you can....its just seems to be so much faster to pick up pins. One of the guys i played with last week could not belevie how much better it was then his....so worth the money

I might let you try mine during our match.....well maybe after! lol

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I had a yardage pro tour for a few years and could get the flagstick quite nicely at 200 yards but with age I'm getting a bit shakey so upgraded to the pinseeker 1500 and I've been able to pick up the flagstick at over 400 yards very quickly. It's an awesome rangefinder.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    for $300 you can set your self up with GPS which is way better and you can survey your own courses if you go with intelligolf
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Haven't we been through this GPS vs rangefinder debate over and over. They both have their uses but I can take my rangefinder to any course in the world without paying a subscription every year.

that's good to know. My hand was pretty shaky and I couldn't pick up the flag. Rezadue's model (not sure) picked up the yardage more quickly. Is the 1500 that much better than the medalist?

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Scott,

mine was a 1500 Pinseeker.
    Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    that's good to know. My hand was pretty shaky and I couldn't pick up the flag. Rezadue's model (not sure) picked up the yardage more quickly. Is the 1500 that much better than the medalist?

That''s Rez...By the way great game today!!!

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    Haven't we been through this GPS vs rangefinder debate over and over. They both have their uses but I can take my rangefinder to any course in the world without paying a subscription every year.
    you can take your GPS with you anywhere in the world as well.. google earth Googled 3 courses already in the last 2 days (35min each). Going to do all the ones I'm going to play this year before I do them and then when I play them I will take more accurate readings

REZ, what did you shoot today? I tried to buy rez's range finder off him last year but he wouldn't sell it to me His is pretty sweet
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Lets just say I shaved off more than 5 strokes to calculate my total equitable strokes....

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    you can take your GPS with you anywhere in the world as well.. google earth Googled 3 courses already in the last 2 days (35min each). Going to do all the ones I'm going to play this year before I do them and then when I play them I will take more accurate readings

REZ, what did you shoot today? I tried to buy rez's range finder off him last year but he wouldn't sell it to me His is pretty sweet

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Recently used my new Medalist in Myrtle Beach for six rounds. Did not matter whether the flag was blowing straight out or dead calm, with the pinseeker function turned on I always got the pin distance. Never tried from 400 yards but certainly from 250 in I had no issues. Have not used it for those in between shots where you want to see how far the trap, water, hazard is, but will do this season. For what I bought it for it works great. Don't know if it was early season luck or being able to hit with confidence but I was getting a lot closer to the pin than in the past and not having any doubts as to whether my swing was long enough or my club was the right one. For the money, Medalist works for me.

Thread Information