100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

I don't mind losing money but...

It was our men's opener yesterday and aside from a few bad holes where I got myself in trouble off the tee, I had a decent day.

What bothered me the most is what I saw while waiting for my fellow FC to play their shots. A member from another group had had an errant tee shot which had landed in the rough close to my ball and was waiting for his FC to play their shots.

He took his hybrid and moved the ball with it and set it up nicely on a patch a grass giving it a nice lie, similar to what you would expect off the tee. My words: "I can't believe you just did that". His reply:"What? I wasn't going to hit it off that hole!" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!

Enraged, I couldn't control my emotions and hit the longest 3H shot of my life...luckily I made par. LOL.. but seriously. A guy cheating in a men's opener, for the sake of 25$... Too bad that he didn't give me his name. I can only imagine what he'll do on Men's Night to get his free sleeves of balls...
    nice_lag
    Almonte

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    Some people have no class at all.
    "Get your smile on!"

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Did you mention it to the committee?
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Dan,

I did... And I asked the 3 other FC in my group if they knew him and came empty handed.

The answer from the committee was that without a name, they couldn't do anything but remind everyone to play by the rules of golf.

Hopefully I don't see him again.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Bummer.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag View Post
    It was our men's opener yesterday and aside from a few bad holes where I got myself in trouble off the tee, I had a decent day.

What bothered me the most is what I saw while waiting for my fellow FC to play their shots. A member from another group had had an errant tee shot which had landed in the rough close to my ball and was waiting for his FC to play their shots.

He took his hybrid and moved the ball with it and set it up nicely on a patch a grass giving it a nice lie, similar to what you would expect off the tee. My words: "I can't believe you just did that". His reply:"What? I wasn't going to hit it off that hole!" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!

Enraged, I couldn't control my emotions and hit the longest 3H shot of my life...luckily I made par. LOL.. but seriously. A guy cheating in a men's opener, for the sake of 25$... Too bad that he didn't give me his name. I can only imagine what he'll do on Men's Night to get his free sleeves of balls...
    Too bad that happened to you Seb. Very frustrating, to say the least.

So, I'm assuming that you didn't exchange cards on the 1st tee then? That would have definitely helped your argument.

Are you going to play in the Open in June? The field there is definitely more "aware" of the rules.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Too bad that happened to you Seb. Very frustrating, to say the least.

So, I'm assuming that you didn't exchange cards on the 1st tee then? That would have definitely helped your argument.

Are you going to play in the Open in June? The field there is definitely more "aware" of the rules.
    The guy was from the fairway beside ours. Our group had exchanged cards so all was good.

As for the Garrison Open, I'm barely hanging on to B Flight here so I doubt that my game will be up to play you guys.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    The guy was from the fairway beside ours. Our group had exchanged cards so all was good.

As for the Garrison Open, I'm barely hanging on to B Flight here so I doubt that my game will be up to play you guys.
    I'll probably be in B as well (especially if my cap stays where it is). It's a really good time, and I know it doesn't cost a lot for you guys either. You should think about it. There's 4 flights, with multiple net prizes for each one.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    but seriously. A guy cheating in a men's opener, for the sake of 25$... Too bad that he didn't give me his name. I can only imagine what he'll do on Men's Night to get his free sleeves of balls...
    There are golfers and people who play golf.

Walking over to check for a name on a bag tag or asking one of the others for his or their names may have helped. Getting justifiably upset over the cheating suggests going the next step, if possible, and finding out who he is. Making a stink is worth it for everyone if helps to eliminate one or more clowns like this.

It would have been interesting to see what the committee would have done had you been able to get his name.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    There are golfers and people who play golf.

Walking over to check for a name on a bag tag or asking one of the others for his or their names may have helped. Getting justifiably upset over the cheating suggests going the next step, if possible, and finding out who he is. Making a stink is worth it for everyone if helps to eliminate one or more clowns like this.

It would have been interesting to see what the committee would have done had you been able to get his name.
    I realized as soon as he left that all I had to do was look at his bag tag... but I was too flabbergasted to do that. I did take a look at the scorecard to see if I could get a hint of who he was. I'm sure that I'll meet him again at Men's Night.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    I realized as soon as he left that all I had to do was look at his bag tag... but I was too flabbergasted to do that. I did take a look at the scorecard to see if I could get a hint of who he was. I'm sure that I'll meet him again at Men's Night.
    If you find out who he is, ask to play with him. Then,.........

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    No one said if it was winter rules, preferred lies, or summer rules (play as it lies)...maybe he was confused? Or maybe he was just having fun and not worrying about the prizes...just playing devil's advocate here.

Oh I hear you and thanks for playing devil's advocate because it's needed in any decent argument and it crossed my mind. My trouble is how can he turn in any score and based on what? Any scorecard turned in had a potential to earn prizes (gross or net)... Time will come...
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Thread Information