CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar

Grand Theft Auto 4

I am going to pick this up shortly, can't wait to start my life as Niko Bellic. Anyone else?
    Andrew

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    i heard it was leaked last month on the net.. funny how the game is about stealing and then someone stole the game heart its going to break halos record for sales
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    My Pre-order is sitting at EB Games at Merivale... I ordered it back in August last year with one of their Trade 3 get one free deals. I don't expect to be logging to much time on it now that all the courses are open though.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Picked mine up today @ lunch ... decided to see what the special edition was like ... pretty decent IMO. The extras are of a pretty high quality.

Going to be playing it first thing when i get home from work today, can't wait!

Really looking forward to the multiplayer,.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Cracked into it last night and really enjoyed it. I'm not exactly sure how I blew up a gas station or how I survived it, but it was quite awesome.

I was reminded of why I shouldn't own a motor bike. 150MPH and some jerk changes lanes right in front of you = very very dead. Head first into his passenger window followed by a broken neck, then it cut out, but I can only assume I was also run over by a few onlookers.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    i really want to play this.... i need to buy a 360, but i just sooo cant afford it!

Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar
    I know my son is sitting on his last pay and combining it with his next pay to buy another 360 and the game!

Anyone hear if it's on track to beating Halo's records?
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    from the sound of it your son has a job. i am only in ottawa for the next 30 days then im out of here... who is going to hire someone for 30 days work...

Reminds me, when I was at EB Games last night, some kid was trading in his 360 for credit towards a PS3, they were offering him something like $130 for the Arcade edition and 3 games, I should have just offered him cash on it and picked up a second console.

Unless the console was broken and he was trying to get away with something, he should have just put it up on Craigslist or something for $200+... not really the smartest knife in the drawer I guess.

Anyone hear if it's on track to beating Halo's records?
    It's going to crush it, of course it's a multi platform release, but still ... when they suggest you will affect the boxoffice numbers of Iron Man, you know you're successful.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    from the sound of it your son has a job. i am only in ottawa for the next 30 days then im out of here... who is going to hire someone for 30 days work...

depends on what type of money your looking for and what are you capable of doing. My son has been wroking part time during school and full time during summer since the age of 15. It does help that he works at the same place I do. Yet he was a dishwasher for a couple years before he moved up to the line in the kitchen.

Work is out there or LEGAL ways to earn money are always there you must just look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    Jarred, you can make $ easily enough by boosting cars, however in GTA4, Stealing a parked car can no longer be done simply by opening the door and driving off. Now, it involves Niko approaching the car, breaking the glass, and hotwiring it; only then can he use it.
    Has the line between reality and video games been sufficiently blurred?
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Has the line between reality and video games bee sufficiently blurred?
    I don't think so... I stopped for almost all of the Red lights on my way to work this morning, and I didn't actively try to hit any pedestrians.

Hmmm I thought he was looking for a real job!! LOL So he could buy the game LOL My bad I guess. Goes to show how much I know about the game

Lol, no I believe Jarred IS looking for $ and a job in the real world, it was me just messing around, I guess successfully blurring the line between reality and fantasy!
    Andrew

That you did LOL

Bouche
    The game is incredible...I like the changes they made to shooting and the driving is way more realistic. Im taking my time on the missions though. mI make sure to only do like 3 missions a day so I dont beat the game so fast. Apparently you get to choose your ending in the game.

for everyone that's played the story mode:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/5/2/

I went on my first date with Michelle last night. We went bowling, it was quite pleasant.
    Andrew

I was a little annoyed that the fun park was closed ... so annoyed in fact, that I shot a cop in in front of the bowling alley.

Michelle said I scared her and went home. I tried to go bowling w/o her, but they went to a cut scene of me driving her home with the status of 'mission failed'.

After replaying the mission and doing it 'properly' (incl. whooping her at bowling), I dropped her off at home and she never called again ... is this the reality & fantasy blurring people are talking about? I definitly seemed familiar.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat Williams View Post
    I was a little annoyed that the fun park was closed ... so annoyed in fact, that I shot a cop in in front of the bowling alley.

Michelle said I scared her and went home. I tried to go bowling w/o her, but they went to a cut scene of me driving her home with the status of 'mission failed'.

After replaying the mission and doing it 'properly' (incl. whooping her at bowling), I dropped her off at home and she never called again ... is this the reality & fantasy blurring people are talking about? I definitly seemed familiar.

I can see it ressembling real life Nat if you take your dates out BOWLING!?!?!?! Try taking her to a movie, or out for a nice meal, or hell, even a walk. All much better than bowling.

This dating advice brought to you by a soon to be married guy, so take heed when applying this advice. It might be a bit outdated.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Johnston, ever go cosmic bowling? Its actually pretty fun. They're open 'till 3am, there is a nighclub atmosphere up in there, & full table service.
    The bowling alley in gta4 was actually a pretty stereotypical facility.
    (ps you'd better come to Trillium Wood)
    Andrew

Is anyone else getting annoyed with this police chopper? I mean you take up a really nice position on top of a crane and pick off one pedestrian so you can get into a police shootout, and they roll in with the chopper. I guess I'm gonna have to go find an RPG and teach them to play fair.

I recall the police department in GTA: San Andreas being a nice reliable place to steal a helicopter. Maybe you could jump & hijack that sucker!
    Andrew

Bouche
    Anyone play Halo?

I must've spent a quarter of a million in weapons so far...

I've gotten lazy & I use the rpg all the time now, at $5000 per rocket its getting expensive.

This game is huge.

Bouche: I have played every halo, but not on xbox live.
    Andrew

Well, I finally finished the main game. No spoilers, but just generally I found this game to be very similar to previous generations of it, with some improvements, but little new things to do, and some things I really miss (buying real estate, training & levelling-up). Problem is there is nothing out there for the 360 that interests me (except for Gears of War 2 that is not out yet)
    Andrew

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Just getting into this game and seems to me very much like the previous GTAs but still fun none the less.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Bouche
    Ya GTA is alright but Andrew....Halo 3 is all about the online play...if anyone does play it my gamertag is TNG NextEpisode. Its pretty much the only game im playing right now

Thread Information