100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road

Diving or embellishing in hockey...

Ok, I am tired of all the times referees are calling a penalty and a dive at the same time.

In soccer, players are called for diving when there is NO foul. They are being unsportsmanlike because they faked being fouled, so they are called for diving. That makes sense.

If you are being hooked and the referee isn't calling it, what is wrong with making it obvious you are being hooked?

And before everyone writes back...

Why is it ok when a player gets high sticked in the chin for that player to throw off his gloves, let his stick go flying and collapse to the ice like he was just shot, even though it was just a stick on the chin???

A lot of referees don't see high sticks but they make calls based on reactions. And going over to a referee after being high sticked trying desperately to find blood is just as unsportsmanlike as "diving"!!!

It is the same when you are being hooked, or held.

3 Wood smithers40 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    Why is it ok when a player gets high sticked in the chin for that player to throw off his gloves, let his stick go flying and collapse to the ice like he was just shot, even though it was just a stick on the chin???
    ever been his in the face with a stick? hurts quite a bit. And to say earlier what is wrong with embellishing if the ref isn't gonna call it? EVERYTHING. Its hockey not soccer, you are not suppose to "embellish" a play just to get a powerplay, thats not the way hockey was meant to be played. Does it happen? Yup all the time and thats why hockey is getting silly with the reffing because it is turning into soccer.

end rant

Baxter
    I was wishing they would call more dives...If a foul is missed tough, but if you dive to make the foul worse you should get the 2 minutes. or if the foul is going to be called and you dive to make it look worse..you should go as well.

There has been a lot of diving with no calls and that is driving me crazy...

end rant

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    I hardly ever see dives where there was no foul. Almost every dive lately has been accompanied by penalty for the hook or hold etc...

And yes, I have been hit in the face with a stick. Broken nose twice playing hockey and yes, it hurts a lot...

BUT

I have seen guys drop to the ice after being hit with a high stick in the visor!!! And since when does a stick to the face cause you to drop to the ice like you were shot??? Yes, it might hurt and yes it might draw blood but rarely does it knock you off your feet!!!

3 Wood smithers40 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    I have seen guys drop to the ice after being hit with a high stick in the visor!!! And since when does a stick to the face cause you to drop to the ice like you were shot??? Yes, it might hurt and yes it might draw blood but rarely does it knock you off your feet!!!

case and point last night in the habs game...habs player...dont remember who...got whacked in the helmet and went down holding his nose in hope of drawing a penalty... absolutely ridiculous!

Thread Information