CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NFL Draft

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar

NFL Draft

Definitely a weird one this year for me. My favourite team is the Dolphins (admitting you have a problem is the first step ) and my favourite college team is Michigan. This group of players from Michigan has frustrated the heck out of me for 4 years, always the promise of a national championship at the start of the year, and yet 4 straight years of losses to Ohio State (among others...cough cough, Appalachain St cough). So what do the Dolphins do? Draft Jake Long #1, and now Henne in the 2nd round. Am I going to flick on the NFL Network tomorrow and see them pick Manningham in the 3rd or 4th? How about Hart late in the draft? It's just so weird.

Anyone else watching the draft?

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Of course! Glued to the TV or computer for the first two rounds. Not happy with my team taking Matt Ryan at number 3. Rather they would have taken Henne or Brohm in the second round. Plus they reached big time trading back into the first round for that OL out of USC.

Was shocked how long it took Henne and Brohm to get drafted, while Flacco went to Baltimore in the teens (weird). The kid has an arm, but way too raw.

Manningham really hurt is draft stock with pre-draft interviews, came off horribly. Wonder where he, Hart and Arrington will go today (Michigan is my team too).

BUT, I'm going to Miami opening weekend this year so I might get to see Henne start!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Baxter
    Sorry Guys,

But I am very pleased with and how the Cowboys did on day one.....We were able to pick up a good 3rd down back and kick returner andif Barber does not sign we have a back. Plus a good corner, that can be moved back to Saftey...of course if they sign the jail bird the D will be stronger this year for sure.

Being Dolphins fans you Guys should start to like Dallas as well...They are stocking your team....

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post

Was shocked how long it took Henne and Brohm to get drafted, while Flacco went to Baltimore in the teens (weird). The kid has an arm, but way too raw.
    Less shocking now looking back five years. lol

Having fun reading these old draft threads. I was apparently a huge fan of Vince Young in 2006. Donny had a much more accurate take that year, so I didn't bump it.

There was some intense debate over Karlsson's pick five years ago as well.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Of course! Glued to the TV or computer for the first two rounds. Not happy with my team taking Matt Ryan at number 3. Rather they would have taken Henne or Brohm in the second round. Plus they reached big time trading back into the first round for that OL out of USC.
    Donny, that was an awesome draft for the Falcons... Matt Ryan is a Pro-Bowl QB and Sam Baker is a really really good OL...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Gulp..... Forgive me matt...
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Thread Information