100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar

Eavestrough recommendations?

Our new house didn't come with gutters, looking to have some installed. Have heard some bad things about a few companies, but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations... also, has anyone had the Gutter Helmet system installed, or the Snaplock gutters?
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Par dlb is on a distinguished road dlb's Avatar
    I used Maize .......... they did a good job and no leaks. I wouldn't recommend Gutter Helmet. VERY $$$ and silt get through the system. Do a google search ....

Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Our new house didn't come with gutters, looking to have some installed. Have heard some bad things about a few companies, but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations... also, has anyone had the Gutter Helmet system installed, or the Snaplock gutters?
    We just had ours installed by Regional. They do many homes out here in Stittsville. Where abouts are you guys?

3 Iron Paddy963 is on a distinguished road Paddy963's Avatar
    I don't know what system we got, but on our new eavestroughs we got do have coverings to keep the leaves out, and they work well.

One thing though, if you have a metal roof make sure there is something there to hold the snow from falling off. We only had the guards on the front of our house and this winter an avalanche of snow came off the back 2nd story roof and brought the new eavestrough with it!

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Couple guys come to mind since I sell to them. If you want an excellent job done and don't mind paying, try Brennan eavestroughing. Next would be Luc Eavestroughing, and GTA Eavestroughing. I think they are all in the phone book. If you can't find them let me know. I know Regional does good work too and so does Maize. Problem with these guys is they are just hired employees doing the work. Not that that is always a bad thing. Sometimes the subs don't care too much sometimes they do a great job. You could also try Huyvan.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I used Maize .......... they did a good job and no leaks. I wouldn't recommend Gutter Helmet. VERY $$$ and silt get through the system. Do a google search ....
    I agree. Maize has done my last two houses. Amazing sales, service and after-service.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensgirl View Post
    We just had ours installed by Regional. They do many homes out here in Stittsville. Where abouts are you guys?
    We're in Timbermere... you?
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Thanks all, excellent responses so far... keep 'em coming as I contemplate of the next day or so... I'll need to decide by Monday.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    first of all it is eavestroughts, its not rocket science. Get quotes from a few then play them off each other. That's what our neighbours did and knocked several hundered $ off the initial quote. Get your neighbours to do it at the same time and you'll save even more $.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    first of all it is eavestroughts, its not rocket science. Get quotes from a few then play them off each other. That's what our neighbours did and knocked several hundered $ off the initial quote. Get your neighbours to do it at the same time and you'll save even more $.
    It may not be rocket science, but being the world's most unhandy guy, I thought it might be wise to ask. I just don't want to get screwed, and I appreciate everyone's input. Unforunately we are pretty much the last house on the street without eavestroughs, so the group discount angle is out. Also, I'm not into playing one guy off another, just isn't my style. I'd know I'd likely save money that way, but I just don't have the stomach for it.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    no worries, just offering another side to it. As far as I know Maize and Regional do the brunt of the work in Ottawa. There used to be a company on the Quebec side that was cheaper than both but I don't think they are in business any more.

good luck.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    We're in Timbermere... you?
    Just on the other side of Hazeldean in Deer Run. Regional only charged us 950 incl tax

Thanks Sensgirl... thanks to all!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Thread Information