CorporateGolfXtra 2024

View Poll Results: Will the next Sens coach be named Pat?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pat Burns

11 50.00%
  • Pat Quinn

1 4.55%
  • Pat Roy

0 0%
  • Patate frite

4 18.18%
  • Patent pending

0 0%
  • Others

6 27.27%
+ Reply to Thread
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Will the next Sens coach be named Pat???

Will the next Sens coach be named Pat???
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

bbad
    I'd almost like Pat to be the coach...See you loyal Leaf Nation really is...There were TONS of them saying that Pat was the greatest thing since sliced bread...

Wonder how many of them would change their tune?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

as long as its not this pat....

I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    !@#$% no!!!!!!!!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Hey, it would be the first female coach, er, male coach that looks kinds female, er, transgender coach, er, >>>>>>>>>>
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Putter FuriouS is on a distinguished road
    Boooo No Ex Leaf Coaches.. No Ex Leafs.. Never!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar
    Hmm.... a players coach, who doesn't take crap, likes an offensive style of game, handles the officials well and know the East as well as anyone.
    sound like a good fit? Murray would be crazy not to consider him

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuriouS View Post
    Boooo No Ex Leaf Coaches.. No Ex Leafs.. Never!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wonder how quick you'd change your tune come next spring if it goes better than this year...

PDQ I'd imagine.

I ran into Pat Quinn last summer at Crowbush Cove. Spent a good 10 minutes talking to him. A very nice man. I asked him if he was keen to get back into coaching and he didn't hesitate to say yes. I also asked him if he could come to Ottawa to take them all the way... he said there wasn't much wrong with the team (remember, this was last summer), but he'd definitely be interested if given the chance.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Pat for coach

Quote Originally Posted by rancherJ View Post
    Hmm.... a players coach, who doesn't take crap, likes an offensive style of game, handles the officials well and know the East as well as anyone.
    sound like a good fit? Murray would be crazy not to consider him
    With all those strengths, may be too strong for Murray.

Anyone heard about Burns' health. Last I heard he was a spl advisor for the Devils. Is he well enough to be in the running? Think he has the tools to deal with both the young and old on this team.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    With all those strengths, may be too strong for Murray.

Anyone heard about Burns' health. Last I heard he was a spl advisor for the Devils. Is he well enough to be in the running? Think he has the tools to deal with both the young and old on this team.
    he is the assistant coach for Team Canada at the World Championships right now so he must be in good health. He also talked about a return to the NHL in the near future but said there have not been any teams that have contacted him as of yet.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Wonder how quick you'd change your tune come next spring if it goes better than this year...

PDQ I'd imagine.

I ran into Pat Quinn last summer at Crowbush Cove. Spent a good 10 minutes talking to him. A very nice man. I asked him if he was keen to get back into coaching and he didn't hesitate to say yes. I also asked him if he could come to Ottawa to take them all the way... he said there wasn't much wrong with the team (remember, this was last summer), but he'd definitely be interested if given the chance.
    I'd welcome Pat Quinn with arms wide open!!

This isn't a slam against the Leaf Loving folks out there, but Quinn guided a team with far less talent to 4 series wins over Ottawa in the play-offs - imagine what he could do with a team with some talent - I say sign him up!!

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar
    I'd welcome Pat Quinn with arms wide open!!
    This isn't a slam against the Leaf Loving folks out there, but Quinn guided a team with far less talent to 4 series wins over Ottawa in the play-offs - imagine what he could do with a team with some talent - I say sign him up!!
    And he could probably get Tucker to waive his no trade and come over too!!

Rumour has it that Dale hunter could be in the mix.
    Mahatma Gandhi

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Rumour has it that Dale hunter could be in the mix.
    That is the same rumour that was floating around last year. Dale states he is not going anywhere. He is happy as part owner and Head Coach of the London Knights.

If Dale would go anywhere it might be to the Capitals. However he continues to say he is not leaving the Knights.

The London Knights are a money making machine. Sold out every night at home. So the Hunter's are making plenty of money without the hassles of coaching an NHL Team.

Of course the moment I write this Dale could become the Head Coach of the Sens You never know do you?
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    The Sens need a coach who has recent Western Conference experience. That is where the game is most dynamic right now. They already have a "west coast" GM, why not finish the set?

Ken Hitchcock would be a great fit, or Marc Crawford, or even Ron Wilson (sorry GB, I can see him being the scapegoat if the Sharks get the round 2 boot again).
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    NO, not Crawford!! He sucks.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    What about Bob Hartley? He said he'd be interested...

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    The Sens need a coach who has recent Western Conference experience. That is where the game is most dynamic right now. They already have a "west coast" GM, why not finish the set?

Ken Hitchcock would be a great fit, or Marc Crawford, or even Ron Wilson (sorry GB, I can see him being the scapegoat if the Sharks get the round 2 boot again).
    Called that one...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Called that one...
    Not a tough call when you consider the success of the Sharks during the regular season and then take a look at their playoff record.

I had a feeling this would happen. It just took a few days longer to arrive.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

I would love Hitchcock, he is the perfect guy to turn Spezza around although Spezza has always played that soft defense, no hitting and his turnover prowess would soon have him in Hitchs bad books. Look how much playing time he has in the Worlds, moslty PP time, he sucks only because of his one dimensional play. Stevie I should give him the same talk Scotty had with him about being a 2 way player. That would be sweet. For example, what if Spezza had the mentality of a Mike Fisher, Jason has a big body, he could be a bruiser, that is what is so frustrating. HItch please come to Ottawa
    Lefty Lucas

Putter CountryLad is on a distinguished road CountryLad's Avatar

Cool Hoping for Pat Burns..

G'day..
    Hoping it will be Pat Burns.. think he's waht this club needs.. I like Pat Quinn.. But.. if he does it.. then all we will hear is how a ex torontoian helped us win the cup.. So Pat Quinn I think is the right choice..
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]REMEMBER:[COLOR=blue] Keep Smiling.. Makes them wonder what YOU are up to [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLad View Post
    G'day..
    Hoping it will be Pat Burns.. think he's waht this club needs.. I like Pat Quinn.. But.. if he does it.. then all we will hear is how a ex torontoian helped us win the cup.. So Pat Quinn I think is the right choice..
    Ok, I am confused, your post is entitled says that your hoping its Pat Burns but in the last sentnece your hoping its Pat Quinn. Which is it?
    Lefty Lucas

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Ok, I am confused, your post is entitled says that your hoping its Pat Burns but in the last sentnece your hoping its Pat Quinn. Which is it?
    I think it was "an ex torontonian helped us win the cup" so if there is a statment like that it means the Sens won the cup! So Quinn would be the right choice.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Question Who is Peter DeBoer?

Info from AChannel and CTV tonight "Peter DeBoer met with Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk in Barbados on Tuesday but the NHL club wasn't ready to announce his hiring. Sources tell TSN DeBoer's trip to the Barbados was simply a continuation of the interview process and DeBoer has not yet been offered the position of head coach"... ctv.ca

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Peter DoBoer was the Kitchener Rangers coach this year - lost in the final game of the Memorial Cup...

Hartsburg is apparently the new choice for now

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2405...s=topStory_nhl
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information