+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    7 Wood retread is on a distinguished road retread's Avatar
    afulton and retread played their match today in the wind and cold at Manderly. The results were retread winning 6 & 5.

I think that afulton was being a gracious host and let me win. Thanks Andrew, it was fun.

retread.
    Determined to keep the rough trimmed. One swing at a time.

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road
    Well LBH you dodged a bullet today ... went out to Manderley after we cancelled ... handicap down to 21.5 ... nicely done.

Charles
    Back at it.

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    Can't postpone this any longer, otherwise I can't heal from my wounds and surmount the agony of defeat, had 4-up after five holes. Then Gray1512 resorts to his superb iron game and birdies #18 to win 2-0. Only consultation to losing a close match is the enjoyment of playing with an enjoyable person.

3 Iron Gray1512 is on a distinguished road
    The pleasure was mine McGoo. It it wasn't for one poorly choosen shot (as I hit my second in the water on the sixth), it'd have been game over before nine. I don't think either of us will be recording those rounds amongst our best, but I got lucky with the flat stick on a couple of occasions. I look forward to playing with you again this year.

...now where's Krolik?

Quote Originally Posted by mcgoo View Post
    Can't postpone this any longer, otherwise I can't heal from my wounds and surmount the agony of defeat, had 4-up after five holes. Then Gray1512 resorts to his superb iron game and birdies #18 to win 2-0. Only consultation to losing a close match is the enjoyment of playing with an enjoyable person.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Damn. I am chomping at the bits to get my hands on either steady Luc (LeftyLucas) or long ball Scott (Fally). This match play stuff is a lot of fun.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Jason (Jaybird) and I will be playing our match at Madawaska this Saturday morning at 8. Given the forecast for warm, sunny weather, we should have a great time.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    Damn. I am chomping at the bits to get my hands on either steady Luc (LeftyLucas) or long ball Scott (Fally). This match play stuff is a lot of fun.
    Be careful what you wish for Reza and keep chomping Baby, the game is coming around and I am sure after a week in Atlanta, Scott will be on his game as well, you are in for a good match either way, I hope
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    No worries Luc. My game is sucking extra special right now. I am just restless and would love to play the next round soon. Even though I will probably lose.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Be careful what you wish for Reza and keep chomping Baby, the game is coming around and I am sure after a week in Atlanta, Scott will be on his game as well, you are in for a good match either way, I hope

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray1512 View Post
    ...now where's Krolik?
    Oh, I'm here, twirling my thumbs waiting for you Had a couple of decent rounds lately, so if it continues that way my cap will be going down soon...

I guess we have to wait for everyone to finish before scheduling our match...
    In any case, looking forward to it.

Cheers,
    Krolik.

8 Iron afulton is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    afulton and retread played their match today in the wind and cold at Manderly. The results were retread winning 6 & 5.

I think that afulton was being a gracious host and let me win. Thanks Andrew, it was fun.

retread.
    Thanks Doug, you played Great!.
    Keep that putter going..Good luck the rest of the way!

3 Iron Gray1512 is on a distinguished road
    Here's hoping that your handicap comes down. At 22, with the way I played yesterday, you'd be killing me.

Anyway, I'm in the UK 22-29 May and then in the US 3-8 June. Maybe we could provisionally aim for sometime soon after that. I'm not sure we need to wait for the full first round to be completed (LBH?).

Best

Mark (Gray1512)

Quote Originally Posted by Krolik View Post
    Oh, I'm here, twirling my thumbs waiting for you Had a couple of decent rounds lately, so if it continues that way my cap will be going down soon...

In any case, looking forward to it.

Cheers,
    Krolik.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolik View Post
    No you don't... If you guys want to play it now, be my guest. That being said, whomever wins may have to wait an extended period of time to play their round 3 match. Whatever fits both of your schedules best, go for it.

3 Iron Simonlap is on a distinguished road Simonlap's Avatar
    Wow, I never thought a week could be so long. First time I play any kind of tournament (other than a shotgun start fun tournament as a fundraiser) and I swear, this week has been the longest, waiting to see who my next match will be!!! I never thought it'd be so much fun.

Also being somewhat new to this forum, now I find myself sitting at the pc at night for an easy 30 to 60 minutes EVERY day browsing through the new posts.
    It hard to believe something so addictive can be legal!!

And well Jaybird and mpare, good luck to both of you on saturday! Oh by the way, do you know if there is still room to play alongside you guys? I wouldn't mind joining in.

Cheers!

I booked for three, and if the starter hasn't added a fourth, you're welcome to come along. My advice is to the call the club first thing on Thursday and ask them to join my (Michael Pare) tee time at 8:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonlap View Post

And well Jaybird and mpare, good luck to both of you on saturday! Oh by the way, do you know if there is still room to play alongside you guys? I wouldn't mind joining in.

Cheers!
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Hey Michael, Good Luck on your match Saturday.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Good luck to you all, and wear the green with pride!
    Bring it on home boys!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Good luck to you all, and wear the green with pride!
    Bring it on home boys!
    Other thread mister
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    DoH!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    So how do i go figuring out the handicap for the couse, Xtour and i are playing at Manderlay Wednesday from the whites i'm at 14 he's a 21 so does that mean its just 7 shots? or is there more to the calculation?

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    There was a link to an online calculator somewhere in the first two pages of this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by gropper View Post
    So how do i go figuring out the handicap for the couse, Xtour and i are playing at Manderlay Wednesday from the whites i'm at 14 he's a 21 so does that mean its just 7 shots? or is there more to the calculation?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by gropper View Post

The course should have a sheet, check up your index from what set of tees you'll be playing and that will give you your course handicap.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    perfect...thanks guys looks like 7-8 strokes depending on the 18 we play...should be fun

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar

The calculation is player index times course slope divided by 123 and I have made the 12 calculations for your respective handicaps and tees. For the Manderly slopes it works out to 7 shots between you, no matter what tees you play, no matter which 9 hole combos you play (north, south,central) and even if one of you chooses to play the blues and the other the whites. I gues this is because there is such a slight difference in couses slope between the blues and whites ( maximum slope difference is 124 to 130 on central-south).

Gropper, I feel for you, having to give a 300yd. driver strokes on an open field course.

3 Iron Simonlap is on a distinguished road Simonlap's Avatar
    Hey mpare,

Well called Madawaska this morning and the spot was still opened, so I will be joining you guys tomorow, should be lots of fun, temperature looks like it will be great.

See ya there

Sounds good to me. I look forward to meeting with you. We'll have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonlap View Post
    Hey mpare,

Well called Madawaska this morning and the spot was still opened, so I will be joining you guys tomorow, should be lots of fun, temperature looks like it will be great.

See ya there

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgoo View Post
    The calculation is player index times course slope divided by 123 and I have made the 12 calculations for your respective handicaps and tees. For the Manderly slopes it works out to 7 shots between you, no matter what tees you play, no matter which 9 hole combos you play (north, south,central) and even if one of you chooses to play the blues and the other the whites. I gues this is because there is such a slight difference in couses slope between the blues and whites ( maximum slope difference is 124 to 130 on central-south).

Gropper, I feel for you, having to give a 300yd. driver strokes on an open field course.
    Almost correct... It's your index * slope / 113 not 123. 113 is the base slope

OPS, a little mistake, will recalculate using 113.

Jaybird and I played our match today under blue skies and beautiful, but tough, course conditions. I was fortunate enough to win 7 and 6.

Thanks again for the game, Jason and Simon.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Jaybird and I played our match today under blue skies and beautiful, but tough, course conditions. I was fortunate enough to win 7 and 6.

Thanks again for the game, Jason and Simon.
    game must be getting better mike
    7 & 6 is not just being fortunate

well done

jason ..... we feel the pain like change leaving from our hands to his
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Thread Information