CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Bouche
    Ya it was a great match! I was getting tired at the end. Tough walk but I enjoyed tghe round and good luck in the rest. I hope I dont play like that on monday in Brockville

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Krolik won the match 6-5. Back to the range for me

7 Wood retread is on a distinguished road retread's Avatar
    Index Update: 16.0
    Determined to keep the rough trimmed. One swing at a time.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldred View Post
    Krolik won the match 6-5. Back to the range for me
    Sorry you had to run into my best round in two years, it just seemed like I could do no wrong there. It would've been close on a normal day.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    LBH vs Started2k3: Mon May 19th 3:04pm - Talon at Greyhawk

Quote Originally Posted by bbad View Post
    Simonlap and bbad to play on May 17th Greyhawk (Predator) 9am.

Least I don't have to worry about spraying the ball there...
    My friends and I will be 2 groups behind you - playing at 9:16am - I can get results directly from you afterwards...

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    me and Mr. Faldo just finished our match Faldo won 2&1, after going 4 up on the 10th i brought her back to even just to have my short game let me down again, great day out with a great guy thanks for the round George good luck.

Time for a short game lesson i think, funny how I've never needed lessons for my drving/iron game but my short game as been nothing short of awful the last few years, anyone know someone good.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Geez Pat you should have mentioned it at the course. The only lesson I've ever had was a full-day short-game course I had with Greg Foley & Kevin Haime. Guess where?? With only six students, the hand-on attention was awesome.

Included lunch/pints/stories over at East Side Marios.

I would have been happy to pass on my various wisdoms
    (after the match of course. lol).

Anyway, thanks again. It was a great way to spend a Monday. Even if we spent most of it behind four very slow 4-somes of Seniors. You spent the day leaving me in the dust watching your tee-shots & then your short game let you down just enough for me to scramble back in to most of the holes. Tied going into 16 made for an exciting finish. Strange match though as we could only halve 3 out of 17 holes; 8 for me & 6 for you.

I made it 83 to 84 for you but my four strokes were the difference.

Hope to get out again with you.

Cheers ,
    George

bbad
    LBH: We'll wait around to see you finish. Good luck!

BTW: Played Simonlap a practice round on Talon this past Saturday. I didn't play very well at all (83), and he had a GREAT front nine (43) but struggled a bit with Talon's famous back 9 .

I'm going to have my work cut out for me if I want to get past the first match. Not sure how many strokes I am going to have to give him, but I get the feeling it will be too many.

Quote Originally Posted by LBH View Post
    My friends and I will be 2 groups behind you - playing at 9:16am - I can get results directly from you afterwards...

7 Wood retread is on a distinguished road retread's Avatar
    retread versus afulton - May 19th - 1:00 pm at Manderly.

retread.
    Determined to keep the rough trimmed. One swing at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bbad View Post
    LBH: We'll wait around to see you finish. Good luck!

BTW: Played Simonlap a practice round on Talon this past Saturday. I didn't play very well at all (83), and he had a GREAT front nine (43) but struggled a bit with Talon's famous back 9 .

I'm going to have my work cut out for me if I want to get past the first match. Not sure how many strokes I am going to have to give him, but I get the feeling it will be too many.
    bbad: This is not my OttawaGolf match - it's just a round with some friends. My match with Started2k3 is Monday on Talon.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Why is it that when ever i play someone in match play they end up having a carrer round?

last year LeftLucas had the best putting round of his life to beat me.

and today InTheZone had one of his best ball striking round... when was the last time you saw a 13 handicapper shoot +1 on a front nine... actually it was Even Par becuase I had to give him a stroke... bah!

anyways. he won 3 & 2. i managed to come back from being 6 down.

heres a copy of the card.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    I can say that I did see that last year in the match play tourney. The gentleman that I played against had the same hdcp I think and finished his round only +4 over par. Just a day where the golf gods were taking care of him. Even on mis his ball found it's way to the hole. It's nice to see and play with someone having a round like that but not when it's match play.

Scott

3 Iron Simonlap is on a distinguished road Simonlap's Avatar
    Finally, got my 5th round in this morning and got my handicap. It's 22.2. Looking forward to saturday's match, hopefully I don't shoot a 58 on one of the nines!

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    BogeyGolf and Clubfoot are playing their match this Sunday May 18, 2008 at 9:57 am at Casselview Golf Course (weather pending of course).

I was at Casselview this morning, every single green had aeration holes all over, the 14th hole has been turned into a par 3 due to repairs. All in all it wasn't so bad but hard to put anything in from further than 3 feet (That might just be me too, but I like to blame the greens. )

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I guess we will both be at the same disadvantage. I guess when lining up putts, pick the aeration line you think is right...

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    mjf and myself are scheduled for May 29th in the afternoon (4ish) at Greensmere. It should be a blood bath!!!!! mjf spilling my blood of course.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

LBH,

Because of Casselview's greens being aerated, we have switched the venue of our match. BogeyGolf and Clufoot are now playing on Sunday May 18 at 2:12pm at Le Sorcier.

Everything has been updated now

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Leftylucas and I will be playing Le Sorcier on Monday May 26 in the "mid-afternoon". Will post the results after.

I'm sure that Luc would agree that we could take an extra couple of forum members to watch me implode lol.

Wait, I'll use the Secret and all will be well!

Fally
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

3 Iron Gray1512 is on a distinguished road

Handicap change

Unfortunately, my handicap's drifting a little - out to 14.8. I think things are starting to improve, though. An 86 off the whites at Chateau Cartier this morning certainly beats the horrible 93 round LVM on Monday.

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road
    Uh-oh ... cap update ... 22 ... that's right down a whole 0.1 ... too bad I will probably want it back on monday.
    Back at it.

Hey, bbad and I played our match today, I won it 1 up.

I have to congratulate bbad for a great match, he had to unfortunately give up way too many strokes, For him to last the whole round is a great accomplishment! Congrats, best player I've played with/against up to now!

Quote Originally Posted by Started2k3 View Post
    Uh-oh ... cap update ... 22 ... that's right down a whole 0.1 ... too bad I will probably want it back on monday.
    I'm still at 5.1 - no change for me..

That makes me a 6 hdcp at Talon from the blues and 5 from the whites - Your 22.0 index makes it a 26 hdcp from the blues or a 25 from the whites.

It doesn't matter what tees we play, I give you 20 strokes. So 1 stroke per hole on the 16 easiest holes and 2 per hole on the 2 toughest holes (#2, #14).

I should be there around 2:45pm. I will probably skip going to the range and just practice putt.

The regular clubhouse is closed for renovations; the banquet hall is used this year. The proshop is near the 9th green of Predator if it helps.

See you there

Quote Originally Posted by Simonlap View Post
    Hey, bbad and I played our match today, I won it 1 up.

I have to congratulate bbad for a great match, he had to unfortunately give up way too many strokes, For him to last the whole round is a great accomplishment! Congrats, best player I've played with/against up to now!
    Updated.

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LBH View Post
    I'm still at 5.1 - no change for me..

That makes me a 6 hdcp at Talon from the blues and 5 from the whites - Your 22.0 index makes it a 26 hdcp from the blues or a 25 from the whites.

It doesn't matter what tees we play, I give you 20 strokes. So 1 stroke per hole on the 16 easiest holes and 2 per hole on the 2 toughest holes (#2, #14).

I should be there around 2:45pm. I will probably skip going to the range and just practice putt.

The regular clubhouse is closed for renovations; the banquet hall is used this year. The proshop is near the 9th green of Predator if it helps.

See you there
    Blues are fine.
    Thanks for the proshop info ... I will try to get there for around the same time.
    Back at it.

BogeyGolf and Clubfoot played their match today at Le Sorcier. I was lucky to come out with the win ( 3 & 2 ). It was a very tight match all day. Thanks for a great round Clubfoot (Bob).

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    For tomorrow's match with Grey1512 at Emerald Links at 1:16 I am playing 17.7

LBH vs Started2K3 has been postponed due to weather... Rescheduled for May 25th at 2:56pm on Talon (pending Started2k3's approval).

Thread Information