CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Baxter

I survived UFC 83

Hey Guys I went to the UFC 83 event in Montreal Saturday Night. The fight card and the fights were Great. This was my 3rd UFC event...Columbus and the Natti...But the Bell Centre was NUTS...I have been to 2 other UFC events down in the States and they were all great times..but leave it to the great People in the city of Montreal to make this is event stupid...There was almost as many fights in the stands as in the ring.
    I saw 7 fights and I'm sure I missed a few. Plus Myself and my buddy were almost in one each. The guys were upset with us because we had good seats... You just Have to love Drunks....what a joke...

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I watched it at a friend's house. I don't think I've ever heard the Bell Centre that loud. The fights they televised were awesome except for the one fight where the canadian lad kept backing away.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    At least your car did not get torched like all of those cop cars last night! Sheesh, Habs win the first round and all heck breaks loose!
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    I watched it at a friend's house. I don't think I've ever heard the Bell Centre that loud. The fights they televised were awesome except for the one fight where the canadian lad kept backing away.
    Yep, he was promptly dumped from the UFC. Quarry's antics at the end (in the ring, and then the rocky quote in the interview) saved that fight to at least make it mildly entertaining. Also, the way the fans shifted was great. Starnes is from Surrey BC, and the bar I was at erupted when the fight started. By the end we were all booing the heck out of him - that kind of display wouldn't have won him a bar fight, let alone a UFC fight.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I watched the ppv as per usual , noticed it went up by $5 this time around...? , but it was great night for sure , GSP just kicks ass ... literally .
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    I watched the ppv as per usual , noticed it went up by $5 this time around...? , but it was great night for sure , GSP just kicks ass ... literally .
    I thought it was regular price than more for HD??

We had front row seats and that fight should not have been stop as soon as it was. Not saying Pierre would not have won, but anything could have happened.

They let Franklin beat the crap out of Killer and it should have been stop sooner than it was.....

It was fun night for sure and that place was loud only thing that I can recall that was louder for a sporting event that I was at was Gretzky Last Game in New York at MSG that was amazing that afternoon...Before, During and After the game...I will never forget that Day....

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bullis View Post

It was fun night for sure and that place was loud only thing that I can recall that was louder for a sporting event that I was at was Gretzky Last Game in New York at MSG that was amazing that afternoon...Before, During and After the game...I will never forget that Day....

I'll never forget that game either, Jaromir Jagr score in overtime. It was a good pass of the torch at the time.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
    I'll never forget that game either, Jaromir Jagr score in overtime. It was a good pass of the torch at the time.
    Were you at the game as well? It sure did look like that...I think he dropped....

Thread Hijack...Better get Back on Topic...

What I was surprised was no Huge Stars in the crowd.I knew Chuck Zito would not be there..NOT ALLOWED in Canada.....But not even the UFC Guys who were not on the card...Forrest was the only one that I know of....and Mandy Moore.... no Joke..

Thread Information