100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    AndreM

The clowns are already out

Played Kingways Sat @ 1:30 on Sat. Course pace was a bit slow (4:45 round). After 9, we popped in and got a hotdog etc to go. As we are walking out, the group behind (threesome) sees us coming out and runs past us to go to the tee box.

Two of the three stand on the tee box. Now they are waiting since the other group just tee'd off. The 3rd guy then goes inside and get's them food.

Real classy.

The third guy apologized and said one of them was in a rush. We got to see them on every tee box on the back 9 as they wait every hole -

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I'm confused, did you still let them play through even though they hadn't teed off #10 when you arrived on the tee-block and the other guy ran into get food?
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I was just thinking the same thing..you should have just said something!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing..you should have just said something!
    that or just tee off and go with a smile on your face and a beer your hands
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

AndreM
    I gave them sh_t about it, but my other two buddies said that since they were 3 and we were 4 we should let them through.

If they had asked I wouldn't have cared, but to run past us then stand on the tee bnox... when I challenged them about it on the 10th tee, they just stared off away from me.

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    yup, some peoples Kids eh?

I was at mountain creek on saturday.. and samething, packed and slow. We were a group of 3, all 3 of us are in our mid 20's. We were followed by a group of older men probably all 45+. They were the loudest group of guys i've ever seen.

Anyone here who knows mountain creek knows that there isn't a lot between Green to the next tee-box, not even trees to block noise. When i was addressing the ball at the tee those 4 yahoos were coming up to the green chit-chatting very loudly from one cart to the other (basically yelling).. so i steped back and laughed it off. They quieted down so I addressed the ball again. As I did so I heard one of them say "Are you ready for this?" and without fail as I started my back swing this door knob started to sing at the top of his lungs.

Yup.... they're out early this year
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    It' OK fellas----Andre didn't want to hit from infront of the ladies tee He was polite
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

2 Iron up&down is on a distinguished road
    Hate to say it, but it's to be expected going to a public type course like montain creek or kingsway ..I'm a serious golfer when entered in competitions but it's alright to let loose and have a few drinks with friends on a "public" course.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    It certainly is not to be expected just because it's a cheaper public course.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    It certainly is not to be expected just because it's a cheaper public course.
    true, but ppl should'nt take offense to yahoo's on a public course...Golf is a gentleman's game but it won't kill you to have fun with friends

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Common sense and Courtesy are traits which appear to be slowly disappearing in our society.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    Common sense and Courtesy are traits which appear to be slowly disappearing in our society.
    I would have to agree with you there.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by up&down View Post
    Hate to say it, but it's to be expected going to a public type course like montain creek or kingsway ..I'm a serious golfer when entered in competitions but it's alright to let loose and have a few drinks with friends on a "public" course.
    I agree that it's alright to let loose, but there is way's to do so not to affect other people who are out playing a round, that don't enjoy people being ignorant.

I am down for having a good time on the golf course but you shouldn't be doing things like that on purpose, you are affecting other people who are trying to have a good time in their own way. I just don't think that your good time should ruin someone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    I agree that it's alright to let loose, but there is way's to do so not to affect other people who are out playing a round, that don't enjoy people being ignorant.
    Agreed, what these clowns did was a lack of respect..I've always asked to play through and when near a tee box or approaching another hole (i.e someone putting out) I shut my mouth..

ppl must remember that life is too short, it's no fun being a stiff 24/7

Sand Wedge thuggolfer is on a distinguished road thuggolfer's Avatar
    Yeah, thatr was stupid, but I have to agree with a lot of the people here about golfers being too stuffy.
    -Mike

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    It's not about golfers being stuffy or allowing people to let off a little steam---it's all about courtesy and respect for you fellow players. There is a time and place for all things. I dont think a golf course is one of them. You can have a good time just playing the game the way it's supposed to be played.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thread Information