100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Got My Card btasse is on a distinguished road btasse's Avatar

Forged iron heads

Got a set of forged iron heads that i bought 3 months ago. I was planning to build my own set, but ended up buying a new set of forged irons instead.

The following was copied from one of the sellers web site on e-bay.

"This is a brand new set of Bailiwick forged ironheads. These cavity back irons are of excellent quality, and are considered to be among the best, including the major name brand irons. They are made of forged carbon steel by Hoffman, who is renowned for forging some of the best iron heads available, and has done so for major pro-lines, including Titleist and Maxfli. Since they are made of forged carbon steel, they provide a very soft feel, the essence of a good forged iron. In addition, they have never been shafted or altered in any way.

These Bailiwick irons are of standard lie, with a .355 tip, but can be reworked due to the quality of the soft steel."

If you go on e-bay and do a search for "Bailiwick" under golf you should be able to view these iron heads.

Asking $130 cdn, which is what it cost me to purchase, ship to Canada.

If you send me an e-mail i can send you a picture of the heads.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Question question

Bert. Are we talking about these? Do you have the full set i.e 3 through pw?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=47325

ironheads

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Cantin
    Bert. Are we talking about these? Do you have the full set i.e 3 through pw?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=47325
    The ones i have are gold rather than red. They are exactly the same. The set is 3 to PW.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Question

Would you know the difference between the red and the Gold? And do you ever buy from the Golfworks?

iron heads

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Cantin
    Would you know the difference between the red and the Gold? And do you ever buy from the Golfworks?
    According to other sellers, the red are a little heavier than the gold. How much, i dont know. I bought these heads from Proshopwarehouse.com in the US. I just checked invoices for these (heads + shipping + taxes+ broker fee and i paid $160.... oh well).
    I've bought shafts and grips from Golworks here in Ottawa. Prices are very good. I was planning to buy shafts for the heads (Rifle flighted 6.0) from Golfworks.
    I'm currently playing Titleist 690 CB's; got these a month ago. Also got a new set of Tommy Armour 845's a month ago (still in wrap); they are the Launch model - they look like PIng I3's. If i dont sell the heads, i'll probably keep them and try to sell the 845's instead.
    The second set of clubs is for my out of town friends who come up to Ottawa to play golf.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by btasse
    According to other sellers, the red are a little heavier than the gold. How much, i dont know. I bought these heads from Proshopwarehouse.com in the US. I just checked invoices for these (heads + shipping + taxes+ broker fee and i paid $160.... oh well).
    I've bought shafts and grips from Golworks here in Ottawa. Prices are very good. I was planning to buy shafts for the heads (Rifle flighted 6.0) from Golfworks.
    I'm currently playing Titleist 690 CB's; got these a month ago. Also got a new set of Tommy Armour 845's a month ago (still in wrap); they are the Launch model - they look like PIng I3's. If i dont sell the heads, i'll probably keep them and try to sell the 845's instead.
    The second set of clubs is for my out of town friends who come up to Ottawa to play golf.
    I got a set of these off of ebay (Proshopwarehouse.com) a few months ago. These are very nice heads. Mine are the gold stamp too and are plenty heavy enough, even with steel shafts (I prefer my swingweights in the D5-D6 range).

If I were choosing a set to keep for visitors to use I would hold on to the Armour's. Even though the Bailiwick's are CB's they still require more shotmaking precision than some other cavity-backs.

As far as assembly goes, they were a little fussy because of the USA stamp on the hosel. It caused a slight flattening on the inside of some of the hosels. Nothing that couldn't be fixed quickly with my Dremmel tool though. Another thing is the lofts and lies. You'll probably see some variation through the set because they're not shipped as assembled clubs. OEM's usually "tune up" these things once they're shafted and gripped before they send them out to your local golf shop.

Once I got in a couple of rounds in to get used to them, I really started to get the feel, especially in the long irons.

Hope this helps.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information