+ Reply to Thread
    Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar

skycaddie sg 2.5

Got this as a gift, but not sure it is useful for me. Play out of Pakenham, and I dont think this course is mapped out, so wondering if I should keep this device? Or possibly I dont understand all the features of this?

Anybody give me a 101?
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    i don't like sky caddie because there is a yearly fee. If i were you I would probably sell this and get a windows mobile PDA with a gps receiver and use intelligolf instead or trade it for a range finder just my opinion

I'm not sure what the monthly fee is and what courses in ottawa are avall
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

9 Iron N.V.M. is on a distinguished road
    ok, first off, it costs you a box of golf balls to use SkyCaddie per year. no big deal IMO.
    secondly, not all golf courses are mapped,obviously, but you can send a request into SkyCaddie to have them map it. this may take a while,so what you can do is map it yourself,and upload onto SkyCaddies list of courses.if you play the course a lot, i highly recommend mapping it yourself.

i'm not going to get into the big arguement of GPS versus Laser or GPS/rangerfinders are "cheating" argument, as it's all a personal choice( personally,i use a SkyCaddie).they are legal in some sanctioned USGA amateur events,and i can't afford a real caddie,haha!

i find it very useful myself. not all the courses we play are clearly marked,especially if you're playing from a missed shot and you're off to the side somewhere wondering how far out you are.i have it attached to my push cart and i can see it clearly on every shot, and it's kinda cool watching it count down the yards as you approach your ball.also, the IntelliGreen function is so useful too, not to mention knowing the yardage to clear a fairway bunker or any other hazard out there. so easy to use,nice little toy.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Laser or GPS/rangerfinders are "cheating" argument,
    Electronic Measuring Devices (EMDs) are perfectly fine for official RCGA and USGA handicapping. If you play in any tournaments check the local rules for the event.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Putter Golfnutz is on a distinguished road
    I agree with NVM. We spend alot of money on clubs and the rounds of golf. For the yearly fee, you get precise distances which are very helpful. Don't go cheap.

Thread Information