CorporateGolfXtra 2023
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Played The Canadian this a.m.Perfect spring conditions.Greens have been cut and rolling nicely,fairways also cut.The price i think is 35.00 weekdays so its a good deal for your money.

Sand Wedge Bnesco is on a distinguished road
    Played Stonebridge yesterday. Greens are extremely slow. Course is very dry and in otherwise great condition for this time of year. $50 green fee and not very busy.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Nothing for Nation yet?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Just got back from the Meadows. Played West-South and I was really impressed by the conditions. Fairways are looking great, no wet spots, and the greens were really good. Apparently they've been cutting them for the past week, not very shaggy at all. Had a nice quick sub 4 hour round too. Great morning!
    I also like spackler played the Meadows South-West course yesterday and was impressed for the 2nd day open. Greens were great even though a little slow early. (Damn 3 putts)
    They were actually watering around the greens when I drove in. The fairways were good no plugged balls although it will be nice to get a bit of roll, soon. With little rough to speak of I sure had some interesting shots.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Nation

I just called the course (Nation) and they told me that its in very good conditon right now, much better than last year at this time. I will keep my fingers crossed and post conditions on Monday.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Played Casselview today and you have to play just for the perfect greens.They are better right now than most greens durink the sumer season.Worth the drive.

King Hawk Sphere Hunter is on a distinguished road Sphere Hunter's Avatar

Greensmere

Played Greensmere today. Black and Gold nines. It's in great condition. Fairly dry, freshly cut, greens are smooth. It came through the winter perfectly. Unlike my golf game!
    SH

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Played Casselview again today --the fellas have done a great job in cleaning up 9-18 and 14--as Mark says "worth the drive just to putt" I think 2 small wet spots on the whole couse---both off the fairways--don't ask
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Sand Wedge thuggolfer is on a distinguished road thuggolfer's Avatar
    I played Emmy Links today and the course is in great shape. When I played it last year in August is was in exactly the same shape as it is now. Which is pretty good. 36$ is a lot of money to play there after 4 o clock on the week it opened I think though.....
    -Mike

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thuggolfer View Post
    I played Emmy Links today and the course is in great shape. When I played it last year in August is was in exactly the same shape as it is now. Which is pretty good. 36$ is a lot of money to play there after 4 o clock on the week it opened I think though.....
    Not sure I understand. You say "in August is was in exactly the same shape " Was it worth $36 twilight rate then? Why should they give a discount for spring conditions when it's as you say "in great shape"?

Those that discount in the Spring do so because the course has not yet achieved conditions that would warrant full pop. ie: wet or bare patches, spotty snow mold areas, uncut fairways etc.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Two of us played Madawaska today as new members. We teed off at 8 and carted to the finish by 11:05. The course is in very good condition for this time of year. While they have only been trimming the greens at this point, they putted predictably albeit a bit slowly. We played the ball down without difficulty. I can hardly wait for tomorrow's round.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Putter JohnOBC is on a distinguished road
    Hi everyone I am new to the Forum. Does anyone know how Pakenham is. And has anyone ever played there before? What is it like? Thanks in advance.

Played our new home course today(Buckingham)only 9 holes open.Was in o.k. shape and can only get better.

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnOBC View Post
    Hi everyone I am new to the Forum. Does anyone know how Pakenham is. And has anyone ever played there before? What is it like? Thanks in advance.
    I played Pakenham once last year, mid-season (early or mid august, I believe). Was quite impressed, easily the best value-for-money of the many courses I tried last year. I can't attest to their spring conditions, but as for course itself, my impression was definately positive.

Excellent fairway conditions, well manicured greens, good range of challenges, and a fair amount of play with the elevation. Every hole was a unique experience, and the scenery was fantastic (they keep a number of flower gardens immaculately tended around the course). It is a 27-hole course, so I'm looking forward to going back a few times this year and experiencing the different combonations of 9's.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it before Anyone who's played it this year? I haven't been this year since I'm unsure of their typical spring conditions.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Played Chateau Cartier today and the greens are really good. Some fairways have some wet spots but hey, just move your ball and keep on truckin'...

Overall in pretty good shape for this time of year.

$35 after 2pm was a good price

3 Iron Paddy963 is on a distinguished road Paddy963's Avatar
    Played Metcalfe today and it was in good shape. The 2nd hole still has a temporary green (new one isn't ready yet), but other than that they were in pretty good shape.

The course was also dry, which it usually isn't in the spring. Definitely their best spring since I've been a member there (6 years).

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Played Cloverdale this morning. It is in great shape! Greens were flawless.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnOBC View Post
    have not played it yet...but was doing work at the course last week and it looked like it was in great shape then! was quite green and that was tuesday. so should be even better by now!

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    also played cloverdale this am greens were sweet, although the front nine wasnt very nice to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    Played Cloverdale this morning. It is in great shape! Greens were flawless.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    We played Manderley today , and its in decent shape. A bit boggy in some areas bit the greens , though a bit hairey , are in good shape.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Sand Wedge thuggolfer is on a distinguished road thuggolfer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Not sure I understand. You say "in August is was in exactly the same shape " Was it worth $36 twilight rate then? Why should they give a discount for spring conditions when it's as you say "in great shape"?

Those that discount in the Spring do so because the course has not yet achieved conditions that would warrant full pop. ie: wet or bare patches, spotty snow mold areas, uncut fairways etc.
    Ok fair enough Dan, I guess it's my opinion that Emerald Links charges too much for green fees all season 'round. If it weren't really close to me, and I couldn't just jump on the course after work, I most likely wouldn't go there. But then I know some people who absolutly love the track. To each his own. But I don't think it justifies 54$ green fees on the weekends. Also I find that the people who play on that course treat it like crap, rarely fixing ball marks and divots, etc. Worse than most, I don't know why that is.
    -Mike

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thuggolfer View Post
    Ok fair enough Dan, I guess it's my opinion that Emerald Links charges too much for green fees all season 'round. If it weren't really close to me, and I couldn't just jump on the course after work, I most likely wouldn't go there. But then I know some people who absolutly love the track. To each his own. But I don't think it justifies 54$ green fees on the weekends. Also I find that the people who play on that course treat it like crap, rarely fixing ball marks and divots, etc. Worse than most, I don't know why that is.
    people need to stop complaining about green fee prices, i was in Guelph last weekend playing $70-80 courses that nowhere compare to Emerald. The course more compared Glen mar/Canadian type course, nothing fancy. They have a right to be hangry down there we dont.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Lets get back to the topic of condition reports in this thread please. We have another "best value" thread.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Weekend Hacker Steelhead is on a distinguished road Steelhead's Avatar
    Played La Cité yesterday and the course was dry with the exception of 17th. Other than that the conditions were really good. All the greens rolled nicely with some spotting here and there but nothing really major. Again the 17th green was the worst. They've also built a new tee box for the 7th hole if you play from the blue tees. Overall a very good start to the year for la Cité.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Nation was in reasonable shape, many greens had yellow patches and were bumpy and long but overall not bad, much better than last year at this time. Fairways were pretty good in deed. Watch out for that little amount of snow in some bunkers!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

1 Iron Bidou is on a distinguished road Bidou's Avatar

Thumbs up Emerald Links

Played Emerald Links (west & east) on Sunday, awesome conditions. Even with the rainstorm the day before, no standing water.

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    Played whitetial Sunday. AWESOME! Those greens make me want to move to Eganville
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Putter payles is on a distinguished road

Mountain Creek / Nation

Played Mountain Creek on Saturday. Very dry, balls were even bouncing on the greens which were quite slow. Very good value for $20 green fee.

Played Nation on Sunday. Surprisingly dry considering there is still some snow lying in spots. As previously stated, the greens are very slow and spotty. Not great value for $42 green fee, but a good day none the less.

5 Wood parbreaker04 is on a distinguished road
    Hi,
    Has anyone played Metcalf yet? How are the greens?
    Adams clubs work for me!!!!!!!!!

7 Iron lovemygolf is on a distinguished road

Played Le Sorcier

I played at Le Sorcier on the 27th and the course was in great shape. No wet spots but they were only letting the carts go on the cart paths due to the overnight rain. The greens had no winter kill but were predicably a bit slow but rolled great. Paid $45 after 2pm and that included the cart. Watch out if you are going to look for your balls in the trees as there are a lot of thorn bushes with no leaves on them and are hard to see. My legs are all scratched up.

Thread Information