100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    5 Iron Rick is on a distinguished road
    Played the nation this afternoon. Good shape overall however there are several greens with winterkill. Greens are a little slow. Bring your Off!! the skitters are unbelieveable. they jumped us in the parking lot before we even started and made off with my wallet! Seriously, I've never seen skitters this bad.

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    Played Le Sorcier yesterday, after much anticipation and looking forward to it... and I'm sorry to report that I was disappointed with the experience.

They have a great track there, but for $70 including cart, I would have expected more polish. Teed off around 9:30am on Sunday. Tee boxes were surprisingly patchy and dry, the greens were slow and borderline shaggy, and the sand didn't appear to have been groomed since before last weeks rain, and was appropriately concrete-like after having baked in the sun the past couple of days (at least those that didn't have thick clay-like mud at the bottom). It wasn't all bad, but paying that much money and getting a mediocre experience instead of what could easily have been a great one left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I'll probably give it another chance later in the season, if only because I've heard such good things about it and the design on every hole is just fantastic.

9 Iron joceber is on a distinguished road
    Annyone got the chance to play MARSHES ?
    |>
    Hole in one... ----------@,,,,,,,,,,,__|,,,,,,,,,, 07/06/14

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Played Mont Pellier the last two days---I've gotta tell you----their special of 2 games with cart--with accomodation--with a fantastic 5 course meal and continental breakfast has got to be the steal of the year.

It was 109.00 per plus 7.50 tip for the waitress and she was worth it! I have never had such great service anywhere---8 of us went and we are doing it again this fall.

The course has just been opened for about 2 weeks---a couple of greens were a little patchy---tee-boxes fine and the fairways OK. They may be a little slow this year as they lost their main dinning room when the roof caved in but everything is just about finished now.

If you want to get away with your GF or your wife for a reasonable amount I have no problem with this place.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar

Metcalfe 18

Played metcalfe today and the course is in great condition. Aside from one green (I think 16) which had some dry patches. I will definitely play there again in the very near future! Never pulled driver, and still managed a 91 !!!
    Only bad thing, I tried to book with RM Guest, and the rate that I was given was more than what we paid at the course because we teed off before 7am. Oh well... still a great day.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Played Metaclfe this AM with a couple of their members. I have played this course once a week for the last four years and I have NEVER seen it so wet. There was barely any dry spots and that included the cart path. Apparently they have had a lot more rain that Ottawa/Orléans have since last Friday because one of the members said that Friday was "fine". Aside from the wet the course was in great shape, lush (duh) and the greens rolling very well. Good conditions for pin hunting though. As an aside this was the most I have ever used my umbrella but since the rain was light and there was no wind I did not find it that much of a problem. Guess I am not as much of a fair weather golfer as I thought.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I hope it dries up tomorrow as I am playing there on Thursday
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    The Marshes is in Great shape - can't go wrong there

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    The Marshes is in Great shape - can't go wrong there
    Off topic, but what's so special about the 16th tee Hacker?
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Ummm it is right beside some expensive town homes???

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    played stonebridge today, what awful shape 500 divots in middle of fariways, tee boxes very rough, greens were good as always, $75 you have to be kidding me.

This may be "off topic" a little but I think the conditions are a reflection on the lack of traffic at some of the local courses. I talked to starters at Metcalfe/Nations and Casselview/Moutain Creek and they all say the same thing---"business is down" and I am sure that translates into lowered maintenance. Have also heard that conditions at Sorcier are the same.

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    Business is down because the weather was pretty much a write-off for most of May. Cool, cloudy, windy, and rainy.

Any decent weather we had seemed to be contrary to what was predicted - and if the weather-man is predicting rain on the weekend, most people won't book themselves at a course and instead make other plans. I know there were at least 2 weekends my brother declined to make plans for golf due to the weather forecast, and a 3rd where we made plans, and woke up to 8C and rain!

Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    This may be "off topic" a little but I think the conditions are a reflection on the lack of traffic at some of the local courses. I talked to starters at Metcalfe/Nations and Casselview/Moutain Creek and they all say the same thing---"business is down" and I am sure that translates into lowered maintenance. Have also heard that conditions at Sorcier are the same.
    Oh Ya, that reminds me, only one trap properly raked, all the others very compact and many water filled. Greens were good though and surprisingly many rear pin placements. Even #6 was in the best shape I have seen since I started playing there.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    I played the Marshes yesterday and the course is in pristine condition. Fairways are lush and the greens looked great and putted nicely as well.

I played with a buddy who's a member of Corporate Golf... He only paid $45!! That's gotta be the best deal in town.

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    I played the Marshes yesterday and the course is in pristine condition. Fairways are lush and the greens looked great and putted nicely as well.

I played with a buddy who's a member of Corporate Golf... He only paid $45!! That's gotta be the best deal in town.
    That's a last minute price--reg is 60.00----decent price just the same

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Not through Corporate golf. The rate is 45$.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Glad to hear its in good shape I'm booked at the Marshes for Saturday, and it is indeed $45 for CG members.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Sorry fellas--my mistake

Played Greensmere for the first time today---nice layout. The front nine (black) was good and the greens were fast. Now the back (gold0 was another story. I have never seen so much standing water in my life---that nine should have been closed. With the amount of rain coming this week it will take a while to dry up. We spoke to the lad at the counter and he fixed us up just fine---many thanks.

Putter pt_mck is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Golf Drunk View Post
    Played Stonebridge on Fri and very dissappointed with the fairways on the back nine. It looks like a tractor was used that couldn't handle the slopes and left the fairways in a mess. I would hold off playing the course until this is repaired. Discounted green fees of $50 were appreciated and staff very friendly as usual.

I still don't understand why #13 is not a par 3? It's quite possiblely the stupidest par 4 in Ottawa and doesn't belong on such a great course.
    Yeah just a 3 wood off the tee and I am at the green. But they already have 3 par 3s on the east 9 and several short par 4s.

Played Stonebridge on Sunday June 15th. Conditions haven't gotten much better. They just aren't spending the time or money.

I heard that the director of golf was fired last year because he didn't meet the parent companies revenue target. The conditions are poorer than any time since it opened and the prices have gone up. $92 for golf+cart

When we were playing the group ahead was 1 hole ahead, we always had a clear tee shot no waiting and the group behind was 2 holes behind and the marshalls told us three times to speed up play to catch up to the group ahead of us. One time the marshall even told us we were ahead of schedule and still told us to hurry up.

We politely told him to &%$# ***

5 Iron Rick is on a distinguished road
    i have a buddy who works at Stonebridge and he has told me it has been very slow because of the weather this year. This may or may not explain the conditions you guys have experienced there. Does make sense though. No money, no fix.

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road

smugglers glen

anyone played there lately?? what kind of shape is it in??

Question Casselview

How is Casselview going to take all this water? Golfing there Friday AM. Should I bring my rubber boots, floaties and water balls? Would think it will be good with all the valleys, gulleys and creeks but I have never played there in monsoon season either. Local knowledge please

I hear you Bruce--played last week-they had reopened 14 to a par 4--the creek was down. I think the majority of the course should be OK-maybe soft. Approaches to 9 and 18 might be iffy---greens were still in good shape.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I think this thread has had it's time. It was (I guess) for spring conditions. Probably better to have individual threads about courses that don't live for months and contain outdated info.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information