CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Shudbgolfing is on a distinguished road

US Open 2004 Advice/Accomodations for Shinne**** Hills

The good news is that I've won the lottery and have grounds passes for the 104th US Open at Shinne Hills. Now the fun starts...trying to plan for the week long festivities.

I've never been to a PGA event and would appreciate some feedback from those of you that have. Do's and don'ts advice would be great.

My pass is good from June 14-20. The 14th is a Monday. I can't find much information about the event, and I expect to receive more info with the paper tickets when they arrive in March. Is there a Pro-Am on the Wednesday? I assume the practice days are the best days to "get close" to the players. I'm a big golf fan, but can't imagine going to the course for 7 days in a row.

I'm trying to book travel arrangements before the New Year -- when everyone else will begin to make plans.

I understand that they will have a train stop at the course. If anyone went to Shinne in 95 or has any advice on where to stay, tour operators to get hotel leads, etc. I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks,

Colin

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Colin,

I've been reading some tips specifically for this US Open, and from what people who live in the area are saying, stay on Long Island. The ferry, traffic, etc will make it a very long day.

I've marshalled at the Buick Classic, and the usual setup is Monday and Tuesday are flyin/practice days. Players are more relaxed and they are getting used to the course. Wednesday is the Pro-Am or as the marshalls call it - Dive and Duck Day. Never know where the amateurs are going to go with their shots at times. Another relaxing day for the most part. You know how the other four days go.

It depends on how long you want to go. All players should be there Tuesday, and probably a bunch on Monday since the tournament the week before is the Buick Classic held in Harrison, NY, so they don't have far to go this year.

I'm not sure if they can help, but there is a travel agency that advertises on this site. Check the home page for golf travel. It's a place to start.

Congrats, have a good time.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Thread Information