Ok, now that the sweep is over, let's take an honest look at things.

I am not a Sens fan, but the last few years, I have admitted they were a very good team. They had skill, hard workers, tough guys, good defence and even a pretty good goaltending DUO.

BUT

Other teams have caught up. Other teams have become a lot better. I don't think the Sens got a lot worse, they just have not made the changes others have. A lot of that comes from drafting, and being great like the Sens were meant poor draft positions.

The Sens top line is as good as any other top line in the East.
The goaltending has not gotten any better and other teams have better goalies now.
The defence may have taken a step back and other teams have gotten better.

Mike Fisher is a good, hard working centre, but let's face it, he is a 3rd or 4th line centre on all other playoff teams in the East. What does that say about the rest of the players? The call-ups are not ready for the NHL.

It is time to rebuild. That is all. It is tough with Salary Cap rules to stay at the Top and the East has become much stronger in a hurry.

Montreal, Washington, Pittsburgh have become so much better in a hurry because they struggled for a long time and got draft picks and a youth system to improve.

The Devils will have to rebuild very shortly when Brodeur packs it in. The Flyers have rebuilt and are much better and have a strong future. The Rangers have added players through $$$ and have great goaltending.

Time for Sens fans to be patient and not jump ship.