100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Albatross Smoothie is on a distinguished road Smoothie's Avatar

Question Driver fitting at Kevin Haime's

I'm thinking of going here to get fit for a driver. Since its outdoors, and with a launch monitor, I think this would be a good combination.

Since they work with the major oem's, I assume they have fitting carts for each, allowing you to hit various drivers in different lofts and shafts. I'd be looking at Taylormade Burner or new Tour Burner, Nike 5900 or a Ping g10. They carry these brands according to their website.

Can anyone comment on their experience here?
    Thanks!!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Fitting

There is no doubt that the outdoor fitting has its advantages as you can see the ball flight and you get good feedback as oposed to relying on the numbers you see on the screen. I was there last week with Callaway and the fitting was really useful, my irons were fine but the I received useful information on the driver. He interchanged heads and shafts until he had me with the best launch angle and spin rate on the ball the combination of which maxes out your distance.

They recommended a high launch shaft with an 11° head which I would never had thought to try. I have a 10.5 so I will put the HL shaft on there and see what happens.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Albatross Smoothie is on a distinguished road Smoothie's Avatar
    They have this capability all the time though right, the fitting cart? Or was this during a specific demo day...
    Thanks!

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    I think they have the launch monitor and fitting cart there every day, but you need an appointment so they can confirm that.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    do they have a master club builder, fitter there?? I wouldn't go to a range to get fit for a club. i would go to one of the top builders in the city get it build and then take that club to the range. If you find yourself doing something strange... take it back and tell him to fix it. They all stand behind their work.
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Thread Information