100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar

New duffer in town

Hello!

Just moved to Ottawa from Winnipeg last year and have been quite impressed with the quality of golf available here. Been picking up the game again after a long school-imposed drought (starving student syndrome! ). My goal for this year is to break that elusive (to me, anyways) 100-stroke mark . I figure I just get my money's worth with all those extra shots

Got out about 10 times last year, and I'm hoping for more this year, if I can find some people to play with!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foddz View Post
    Hello!

Just moved to Ottawa from Winnipeg last year and have been quite impressed with the quality of golf available here. Been picking up the game again after a long school-imposed drought (starving student syndrome! ). My goal for this year is to break that elusive (to me, anyways) 100-stroke mark . I figure I just get my money's worth with all those extra shots

Got out about 10 times last year, and I'm hoping for more this year, if I can find some people to play with!
    Hey Foddz! Welcome to the forum and Ottawa! Trust me, there is always someone to play with around here. Make sure you checkout the Ottawa arange a game section when your looking to get out.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    Welcome Foddz, you are most welcome to join me when I post in "arrange a game".

Thanks for the warm welcome! I took a peek in the Arrange A Game forum, and while I'm sorely tempted to try for that Mapleview outing, I'm almost definately sure I need to hit the driving range a few times before I brave the links proper. I'll look forward to getting to meet you folks sometime in the near future though!

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Foddz

Lob Wedge MizNVM is on a distinguished road
    Welcome from one newbie to another

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Welcome Foddz, enjoy the forum. There are usually plenty of games to join around in here, and tons of wonderful people!!!
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    If your going to play with Kerisb regularly---better plan on lots and lots of games---check out her designation Welcome--most of us guys only play about 70 to 80 games
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum. Great people and lots of useful info. You may even get like me and play golf everyday.

Golf every day? Ha! I could be so lucky.... maybe if I win the 6/49 tonight. I do need to golf more though!

Heading out Sunday morning with my bro to Vieux Moulins for the first round of the year... if I can keep it under 110 I'll be happy

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    If your going to play with Kerisb regularly---better plan on lots and lots of games---check out her designation Welcome--most of us guys only play about 70 to 80 games

Hahaha became a member at a course near my house.......so look out, I plan on playing everyday that I am off this year, which is roughly 14 days a month. After all I got off to a late start this year and only have 4 games in so far!!!
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

Well, my game's off to a much better start this year... hit 110 even, and only because of a 4-putt on the last hole! Argh!! What a beautiful day for golf, though...

If I can get out once or twice a week for golf, I'll be doing great this season

Thread Information