CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road

T&L warehouse sale

I received my preferred customer advance invitation to the T&L warehouse golf sale a few days ago and dropped by last night. I also did so last year. I'm not sure if it is the type of product that I am looking for but I was disappointed both years and will not likely drive across the city for the sale next year.

I had anticipated a sale like the Chuck Brown's February sale. Unfortunately the pricing was not nearly as good at T&L as at Chuck's. Discounts looked to be on the order of 10% for lots of stuff which is consistent with what I saw last year. The only items that seemed to be discounted significantly were gloves and a few bags. Clubs seemed to be very expensive as compared to Chuck's - at Chuck's my expectation is discounts on the order of 50% over list price for product that is 1-2 years old.

Anybody else have better experiences at T&L?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

Imho

Quote Originally Posted by powerlefty
    I received my preferred customer advance invitation to the T&L warehouse golf sale a few days ago and dropped by last night. I also did so last year. I'm not sure if it is the type of product that I am looking for but I was disappointed both years and will not likely drive across the city for the sale next year.

I had anticipated a sale like the Chuck Brown's February sale. Unfortunately the pricing was not nearly as good at T&L as at Chuck's. Discounts looked to be on the order of 10% for lots of stuff which is consistent with what I saw last year. The only items that seemed to be discounted significantly were gloves and a few bags. Clubs seemed to be very expensive as compared to Chuck's - at Chuck's my expectation is discounts on the order of 50% over list price for product that is 1-2 years old.

Anybody else have better experiences at T&L?
    T&L is the most overpriced place around. They love putting sale tickets on their gear all the time making it appear like it's a sale, when in reality, the price is usually higher than other stores regular price. I've been to the warehouse sale before and there are some deals to be had from time to time (clothing usually, clubs rarely) but in general I stay away from T&L.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I dropped by on Thursday. Nothing I wanted at those prices.

Nice to see Footjoys on "sale" for 229.00!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    We went last night also & were disappointed compared to last year. My wife got a nice shirt & a wind top, both at 60% off ($60 for $25). The cashier said that someone wasn't doing their pricing correctly as everything was to be between 30 & 50% off.

They had this years Top Drivers (Callaw & Taylor Made) showing stickers of $799.00 now going for $499. There were also several in the bins from the various Demo-Days this season. Some were really badly scuffed/bumped/scraped. Others had been barely touched. They were only reduced by an extra $50..

Early bird gets the better pickings........

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    T&L is the most overpriced place around. They love putting sale tickets on their gear all the time making it appear like it's a sale, when in reality, the price is usually higher than other stores regular price. I've been to the warehouse sale before and there are some deals to be had from time to time (clothing usually, clubs rarely) but in general I stay away from T&L.
    Whoa!! I hope this isn't really the case here because it's illegal to post regular prices as "sale" prices, especially if you never intend to sell the items at full price. A common practice is to list items with two prices on the tag, the smaller print shows the regular price and the larger print shows the sale price. All well and good if the item is normally sold at the smaller printed price, not good if the item never gets within sniffing distance of that number the majority of the time.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    Whoa!! I hope this isn't really the case here because it's illegal to post regular prices as "sale" prices, especially if you never intend to sell the items at full price. A common practice is to list items with two prices on the tag, the smaller print shows the regular price and the larger print shows the sale price. All well and good if the item is normally sold at the smaller printed price, not good if the item never gets within sniffing distance of that number the majority of the time.
    I wasn't really incinuating that T&L does anything illegal, just that they like to use a lot of brightly coloured (yellow) tags on everything. Anyone that shops around knows that their prices are not overly competitive.

I did pick up some nice shirts (adidas and nike) at their sale, between $35 and $40 each. The club deals, especially for any of the higher end name brand stuff was non-existant.

3 Wood Rough Stuff is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    ...just that they like to use a lot of brightly coloured (yellow) tags on everything.
    That's my experience too. I never go to T&L, always sales that aren't sales. Illegal or not, how many policing agencies are there for this type of thing: 1 for every 1 million sales? T&L is the "convenience store" of sporting goods...check those expiry dates!

Thread Information