100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar

The Sean Avery New Rule

That did not take the nhl long to deal with.What do you this about this.I quess it pays to be the best goalie.

It is considered an interpretation of Rule 75, concerning goaltender interference.

"An unsportsmanlike conduct minor penalty (Rule 75) will be interpreted and applied, effective immediately, to a situation when an offensive player positions himself facing the opposition goaltender and engages in actions such as waving his arms or stick in front of the goaltender's face, for the purpose of improperly interfering with and/or distracting the goaltender as opposed to positioning himself to try to make a play."

Heres a link to the story . http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=360438

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    good. it was rediculous to see him doing that. like a kid in touch football counting steamboats before they can touch the QB.

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfott View Post
    good. it was rediculous to see him doing that. like a kid in touch football counting steamboats before they can touch the QB.
    I agree. I thought it was embarrassing.

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    at one point, you can even see his team mate come over and give him a bit of a shove, i am sure he was trying to get him to stop what he was doing.

Out of Bounds chipandput is on a distinguished road chipandput's Avatar
    Avery looked so stupid.
    Chip

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    The clown princess of hockey rule. I've never seen anything like that and I really hope someone in the Rangers organization makes sure he never have to watch Avery again.
    TWoody
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfott View Post
    at one point, you can even see his team mate come over and give him a bit of a shove, i am sure he was trying to get him to stop what he was doing.
    The only reason he said he was trying to stop him was becauase the ref was saying he was going to call him for it. He didn't seem to care that he was doing it. I thought it was hilarious. There should be a rule for every situation like there is in golf. If there isn't... then take advantage
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    I actually called a kid for unsportsmen like conduct in a bantam tourny a couple years back when one of the forwards parked himself infont of the net facing the goalie and put his hand in the goalies face, he wasn't touching the goalie but just trying to block his face.

I gave him 10 minutes for being stupid basically, didnt hurt the team as I didn't give him a 2 minute minor. I still feel as if I made the right call on it and I'm pretty sure the refs that were doing that game probably wish they gave Avery the samething.

Avery is embarassing. I say that as a leafs fan who has to deal with tuckers antics, and he can be embarassing a lot.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

3 Iron donh is on a distinguished road donh's Avatar

Travesty of the game == GROSS

I think they should have given him a gross misc.
    Thanks for the screen-time.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    So what if he stands with his back to the goalie and jumps up and down swinging his arms in circles???

It was pretty smart of him to do, cause Brodeur admits he would not have saved anything with him there...

It's nowhere near as bad or important to eliminate from the game as the hits to the head and hitting from behind...

Thread Information