100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar

Jonathan Roy QMJHL Fight

Like Father.........like Son................
    http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/...0-4252124b09c1

Watch these French and English News videos....................
    You be the judge...............did Patrick Roy gesture to his son encouraging him to fight................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amKozbaTU_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C9zp8f2AS8

"This is inexcusable for a hockey player, but unfortunately it is not the first time that it happens with the Remparts. I can only hope that this will be the last," said Quebec businessman Jacques Tanguay, co-owner of the Remparts with Patrick Roy, who coaches his son's team.
    Tanguay denied that Roy - who was caught on camera gesturing to his son - encouraged the goalie to fight.
    "If you ask me how he is feeling today, he is like me. He is not proud of what happened," Tanguay said.
    The elder Roy - a Stanley Cup winner with the Montreal Canadiens and the Colorado Avalanche - refused to talk to the media Monday.
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Baxter
    What I saw last night on Sportsnet...It did NOT look to me like Patrick did anything wrong...and that is all I have seen and I have only seen it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bullis View Post
    What I saw last night on Sportsnet...It did NOT look to me like Patrick did anything wrong...and that is all I have seen and I have only seen it once.
    Take a 2nd look at the videos.................You may reconsider.....
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Looks to me more like Roy signals him to the bench. I'm sure he wasn't upset that his son decided to fight, but I'm pretty sure it was his son's decision. He looked like he wanted to go from the moment it started.

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Remparts goaltender Jonathan Roy gets 7 games and a $500.00 fine.
    Patrick Roy gets 5 games.

Here is the story from Tsn.http://www.tsn.ca/chl/news_story/?ID=232820&hubname=

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    watch at :27 seconds when one player tries to protect his goalie and takes out a linesman trying to stop him... that looked like it hurt.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    It would be nice to J.Roy banned from the league. The other goalie made it very clear that he had no intention of fighting, that crosses the line between a hockey fight and assault.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Bad form for sure. I do not think Patrick gestured at him to fight it seemed pretty clear to me that he called him to the bench.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Suspensions came out today...

Jr got 7 games and $500 fine
    Sr fot 5 games and $4000 (I think)

3 players and coach from Chicoutimi were also suspended. The funny thing we were talking about this series last Friday and thinking how bad that was going to be... this is the worst/vivious rivalry in sport...

Chicoutimi is probably the worst place to play for opponent... way too much drinking...

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    All of the "Did he tell him to fight or not" aside, how does that other goalie just stand (and lay) there like a punching bag and take all of that - Whether you want/like to fight or not you have to man-up.

I believe Kenny Rogers said it best.........

I promised you, dad, not to do the things you done.
    I walk away from trouble when I can.
    Now please dont think Im weak, I didnt turn the other cheek,
    And papa, I sure hope you understand:
    Sometimes you gotta fight when youre a man

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    All of the "Did he tell him to fight or not" aside, how does that other goalie just stand (and lay) there like a punching bag and take all of that - Whether you want/like to fight or not you have to man-up.

Such talent being wasted as a civil servant
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post

Easy for Kenny Rogers to say, he's a goliath!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Easy for Kenny Rogers to say, he's a goliath!
    So is our civil servant
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    So is our civil servant
    Hey!! I represent that comment!!

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    how does that other goalie just stand (and lay) there like a punching bag and take all of that - Whether you want/like to fight or not you have to man-up.
    I assume he opted not to fight in order to maximize the penalties against Roy.

Afterall if he'd fought him from the start they'd prolly both get a game for being in the brawl ... instead Roy gets made to look like a giant POS, fined, and booted for 8 games...Also, extra attention is brought to his dad/coach who gets 5 games while the other coach would have had no suspension save for the leaving the penalty box incident.

IMO not fighting won him the fight ...any man can fight, a real man can take a beating with a smile for the greater good. remember it is the playoffs.

his team should be proud of him.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar
    You can't take away the fact that Patrick Roy is probably the best all time Goalie. That where my admiration for the guy stops. He's simply an ugly person and will continue being in the spot light the rest of his life. From the scene he made with the Habs/Tremblay/Corey, to smashing Bob Hartleys vidoe equipment for using a goalie change cause he didn't have a timeout left and the Avs scored while Roy was on the bench and it didn't go on his personnal stats, to domestic violence, to all the other situations he's had since being the coach.

I'm a life long Habs fan and never liked the person. Even before he got traded to Colorado. His son did what he thought would impress his dad, as his mother states in not so many words in the Journal De Montreal yesterday. To say that I have seen many in my Habs forum wish that Roy would be a assistant coach in MTL. Yet he declined any possible job offer by stating that he would not accept an ASSISTANT position.

I know he has millions of fans but my respect goes to him for what he did between the post and stops there. The kid is just trying to be like his dad.
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Bullet. He is not all bad. This year when the Remparts visited the Olympiques he signed autographs while coming off the bus.(Mind you they were not Remparts fans) There was also a mentally handicapped person on the site and he took the time to chat with him. As long as fighting is allowed these situations will happen.In the States and in Europe fighting is not allowed. It is over here and you will see incidents like that again. Did Crawford command the Bertuzi hit???
    Did Crozier command the Tardif hit back in the old WHA?
    http://markwilland.typepad.com/whabl...-jodzio-i.html

And the list goes on.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Chief, I'm sorry but anyone will try and look good in public. Roy is a super star and will do what needs to be done to keep his fans. Yet when he's away from camera's or when he is under emotion, or even worst when his ego is attacked he shows his true colors.

Another plain eg: Latendress signs and stays with the Habs last year, he (Roy) had a deal in place with Drummondville to aquire him. Yet because he stayed in the NHL, Roy make many very ugly statments about Lats. Especially after his first NHL goal.

I'm sorry time and time again he's proven to be an ugly person. It would take a hell of a lot to change my view.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    One thing is for sure, Patrick Roy will never was, nor ever will be in the running for Sportsman of the Year.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    Chief, I'm sorry but anyone will try and look good in public. Roy is a super star and will do what needs to be done to keep his fans. Yet when he's away from camera's or when he is under emotion, or even worst when his ego is attacked he shows his true colors.

Another plain eg: Latendress signs and stays with the Habs last year, he (Roy) had a deal in place with Drummondville to aquire him. Yet because he stayed in the NHL, Roy make many very ugly statments about Lats. Especially after his first NHL goal.

I'm sorry time and time again he's proven to be an ugly person. It would take a hell of a lot to change my view.
    Everyone will try to look good in public? Pretty much all the incidents you stated in your previous post happened in public.

jonf, yes your right but in all these occasions he reacted under emotion. Thses situations often reveal a persons true colours. If you are a star and you want to remain a star, you will do the little things that will keep people on your side. I will agree with Jacques Demers when he says that we probably will never see Patrick Roy coach again.

Hmmm.............Perhaps there is a pattern here......................

"Roy arrested on domestic violence charges" (CBC, Oct. 2000)
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2000/...oy0001022.html

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    I will tell you one thing, if I was Nadeau’s father I would sue for assault and public humiliation. It is your right not to fight. Especially when your opponent has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the ongoing incident on the ice. Nadeau is finished. He was pulled out in the first periods of the following two games in QC. He will suffer from this incident for a while and his career might be tainted because of it.

Roy did wave his kid to cross the ice. You can see him whistling at someone in the corner and then hypocritically signaling his kid to cross the ice. He is waving to his right side and not pointing at the bench. If I was the coach and or his father/coach. I would have told him to get back in his net. It’s the coach’s responsibility to control the emotions of the players.

It takes a lot of maturity to coach a bunch of 16 to 20 year olds and Roy does not have that maturity. Watch the video on RDS “Roy et ses Frasques” in the video zone. You can see his entire coaching incidents since 2006 as a head coach. He has no control over his emotions and his players.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

And that coming from another true Habs fan.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    I’m like you, I liked Roy for his on ice achievements but the guy is an egotistical *. I just can’t stand his stupid remarks, tantrums and black sheep attitude.

What stood out the most out of all this is that J-Roy apologized to the media and to the fans for the remarks and gestures he made to the crowd during the game and to the media after the game? He never apologized for his actions towards Nadeau. That and he showed no remorse for that incident. He should have gotten a 25 game suspension. I hope he gets charged.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Did Carb apologize when he gave the finger to the whole world:

In summer 1994, Corey panicked again after Carbonneau, who was the Canadiens captain at the time, appeared on the front page of the Journal de Montréal giving the finger to a photographer who was hiding in the trees at a golf course a few days after the Canadiens had been eliminated from the playoffs. Carbonneau was quickly traded to the St. Louis Blues in for Jim Montgomery.

Habs fans. I tell you
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Now now Chief, no need to be like that!

Thread Information