+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Trolls...the more you feed them, the more they crap on you

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Trolls...the more you feed them, the more they crap on you
    so very true....but its getting quite sickening!

3 Wood smithers40 is on a distinguished road
    if the pens are SOOO strong how do they manage so many shots yet cant score? since all i keep hearing is how bad gerber is why cant they beat him? jus throwin it out there

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Come on guys, If you wanted a troll it would be me cause I'm from Pittsburgh but I know that you have a very good team and I know that not one of you would say face to face to one of your Senators players "your not trying or let's step it up a bit guys" cause it's hard to play golf with a hockey stick sticking out of one of your body orifices . Hey it's only 2 games and your teams stepping it up from the first game so I still don't hear any fat ladies going thru the chords yet let alone singing. I admit that I couldn't fill a thimble with my hockey knowledge but I thought that you basically had the same team as last year and if that's the case they can come back and win with very little help from the officials or anybody else for that matter. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that both teams come out and play like it's their last series of the year and give us some good hockey to watch and enjoy.

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    Come on guys, If you wanted a troll it would be me cause I'm from Pittsburgh but I know that you have a very good team and I know that not one of you would say face to face to one of your Senators players "your not trying or let's step it up a bit guys" cause it's hard to play golf with a hockey stick sticking out of one of your body orifices . Hey it's only 2 games and your teams stepping it up from the first game so I still don't hear any fat ladies going thru the chords yet let alone singing. I admit that I couldn't fill a thimble with my hockey knowledge but I thought that you basically had the same team as last year and if that's the case they can come back and win with very little help from the officials or anybody else for that matter. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that both teams come out and play like it's their last series of the year and give us some good hockey to watch and enjoy.
    Well said !

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    At least I am not whining about the Refs If my team loses this series it is because they were out played. Plain and simple. Every team in the NHL gets bad calls against them. Good teams suck it up and play hockey. Bad teams whine and let it bother them and it costs them games.

I think you are wrong...

A bad call can cost you a game and a series...and it has happened as shown on Hockey night in Canada tonight....Rangers vs.Quebec in this case it was a call that was never called until after the goal...Rangers go on to win the game and the series.

You are missing the point...at least the point I am or was trying to make...These Refs are ........ you can fill in the blank.....When they decide...
    I'm not going to waste my time any more with this...You will think what you want....I will do the same......Montreal won tonight and the Refs played no part in that OT win....what a joke.... and Yes I am a Boston fan....

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Why doesn't everyone just quit whining about the refs. All fans will think the refs are out to get them when the calls don't go their way.

And as for the Mtl/Bos game tonight. That was a trip plain and simple. Was it a cheap call, sure, considering the time it occurred. But a trip is a trip, get over it.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    This just in................

Alfie will be in the line up tonight.
    As will Spezza
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Baxter
    Thanks for the update...I hope that works out well for your Sens fans....They could use a little good luck now...

Baxter
    What a game in Calgary last night.....That hit on Marleau changed the whole game for the Flames...Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by NoBack View Post
    This just in................

Alfie will be in the line up tonight.
    As will Spezza
    They said unless anything changes from the morning skate then Alfie should be in the line up tonight.

He wont be 100% thats for sure but I hope that if he is back the team will look at how much this guy wants to win and follow suit!

Baxter
    I would think his ice time will be down...But should help the PP...even at 60% he is still better than what Spezza and Heatly have had to play with...

He better watch out for Roberts...he for one has no issue taking a 2 minute roughing call to give Alfie a little extra Jam...if you know what I mean..he plays old school hockey...get the guy that's hurt.....and he will get him

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bullis View Post
    What a game in Calgary last night.....That hit on Marleau changed the whole game for the Flames...Wow...

Yeah the REFS BLEW THAT CALL. HEAD CHECK, HEAD CHECK ,ELBOW TO THE HEAD. NO CALL NO CALL

What changed the game was the fact that the Sharks tried sitting on a 3 goal lead. One hit like that should not change the game. The Sharks needed to keep pouring it on and they failed to do that and lost the game.

PS I thought you were done with this thread?
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

did you guys see Avery lastnight? .....I think he put a hex on Marty!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_2oKWe2Gw

Baxter
    I was surprised it was not called an elbow...Go read the Sharks site and see what they had to say about last nights game...I guess they are whinning as well....There are few threads that bug me and I don't read them......

They did not try and sit on the lead..they were taken off their game and could not turn it around until the middle of the 3rd ...Joseph showed that iron Mike made a smart move to sign him...he stole a few goals from the Sharks last night...

Is Joe Thornton turning out be a Great Regluar Season Player and a Hossa in the Playoffs??? I sure hope he can get it going. But right now he's one of the best players in the NHL but doesn't show up in the Playoffs...

Relax and Smile Life is Short....
    Last edited by Baxter; 04-14-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Toned it down...

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Let's take it down a notch ... not really sure what struck a nerve in Golfbum's post, but no need to escalade things. Let's keep the thread civil, and open.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    did you guys see Avery lastnight? .....I think he put a hex on Marty!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_2oKWe2Gw
    Ya I was watching the game and saw that..I must say it was a surprise to see someone doing that...than I was thinking why had no one done it before? They were talking about on HNC and they are saying that a call should be made..for
    un-sportsmanship...but there is no rule that says he can't do what he was doing.
    They said look for a new rule next year to stop it from happening again..They also said that if the player is not facing the action it could be called as interference. Almost like football when the DB is not looking for the ball when covering a receiver.
    It will be interesting to see how the stop this....good thinking on Avery's part.

Ya I was watching the game and saw that..I must say it was a surprise to see someone doing that...than I was thinking why had no one done it before? They were talking about on HNC and they are saying that a call should be made..for
    un-sportsmanship...but there is no rule that says he can't do what he was doing.
    They said look for a new rule next year to stop it from happening again..They also said that if the player is not facing the action it could be called as interference. Almost like football when the DB is not looking for the ball when covering a receiver.
    It will be interesting to see how the stop this....good thinking on Avery's part.
    they just said on TSN that if it happens again there will be a penalty called from now on!

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    yes , no doubt that should be called interference. he was touching broduer. avery is a pest, but hey he got a goal out of it so i guess it worked for that moment.

what surprises me is that when he was first doing it no devil came by and just dropped him, i know i know they were already killing a penalty, but i am maybe old school , but i think teams and players need to take more of the action themselves to deal wit these things.

on another note, did you see the crowd in Calgary? WOW talk about red. near the beginning of the game there was a shot of the crowd in the top left corner, every single member of the crowd had a flames jersey on, looked like they gave them away or something, it was unbelievable, talk about the best fans in the league, hands down!!

That was a fantastic game, and what a hit!!!!

He better watch out for Roberts...he for one has no issue taking a 2 minute roughing call to give Alfie a little extra Jam...if you know what I mean..he plays old school hockey...get the guy that's hurt.....and he will get him
    i would imagine the pens will target him for sure, they certainly should , every chance they get he should get an extra hot, a jab whatever. take it to his body as much as possible. Alfredson is a guy who can really change a series and if they can get him back out, they should try whatever they can to do so.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat Williams View Post
    but no need to escalade things.
    Says you. Got the itch, here's the scratch!

Attachment 11257

gee hard to see with the limo, times 2, tinting, but is that emery in there, driving himself out of ottawa?

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I was surprised it was not called an elbow...Go read the Sharks site and see what they had to say about last nights game...I guess they are whinning as well....There are few threads that bug me and I don't read them......

They did not try and sit on the lead..they were taken off their game and could not turn it around until the middle of the 3rd ...Joseph showed that iron Mike made a smart move to sign him...he stole a few goals from the Sharks last night...

Is Joe Thornton turning out be a Great Regluar Season Player and a Hossa in the Playoffs??? I sure hope he can get it going. But right now he's one of the best players in the NHL but doesn't show up in the Playoffs...

Relax and Smile Life is Short....
    I am about as relaxed at they come. It's hockey, not life or death. If the Sharks are eliminated so be it. I sure will not lose any sleep over it.

As far as Joe goes....... Joe is a set up man. He can put the puck on the tape all night, if the guy on the receiving end does not put it in the net then Joe does not get assists. I am sure if you take time to check his season stats for the past few seasons you will see he has more assists than goals.

He shows up, he needs every one else to show up too. One player can not carry a team on his back no matter how much of a super star he is. He can lead by example, he can not do it all. It is a team sport.

I will say this about Joe. I wish he would use his size and get more physical. He needs to do some banging with that big body. I have seen him live and in person and he is a big man who could do some major damage if he put his mind to it.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

problem with thorton is exactly that. when teams play them in the playoffs, they shut down his pairings, and it shuts him down. they need more threats to give more space on the ice

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Definitely not impressed with the little 'show' that was put on before the Sens game.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

what was the show?

Some warrior with a shield and sword yelling something to the effect that we will not be defeated or something like that..... It turned me off so I switched the channel for a while

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Some warrior with a shield and sword yelling something to the effect that we will not be defeated or something like that..... It turned me off so I switched the channel for a while
    who doesn't like the odd warrior before a game ?
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Now you know how Bugsy feels.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Now you know how Bugsy feels.
    Thanks for your kind words of support pal

Thread Information