CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    how many people knew the penguins were going on the power-play in the last 2 min. after the Donovan play I called it. Letting them play until the last couple of min were my exact words... Ya sure it was a high stick so was the one on Robitaille about 1 min before behind the the pens net. Eather let them play or call everything. sick of how they pick and choose when they are going to make the calls!

But yes it was much better in the later 2nd and 3rd. hope they can build on this when they come home!

Quote Originally Posted by golfott View Post
    well, better effort tonight. Gerber still great and the third and fourth lines came through nicely. too bad the first line is stil non existant for the sens. what is up with heatly? spezza? not much happening with them
    Spezza and Heatley ..... just dont understand why they just can seem to get it in there heads that they need to play hard for this team to win!

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Personally I am more disgusted with Heathly than Spezza. It almost seems like he is just cruising around and waiting for someone to do all the work and give him the puck so he can shoot.

And the Redden/Commodore combo...... Sheesh, they suck hard.

It may be a good idea to give him a shift or two on the third line.

On the positive side, the rest of the theam has woken up and Gerber is playing pretty damned solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    Spezza and Heatley ..... just dont understand why they just can seem to get it in there heads that they need to play hard for this team to win!

Baxter
    That was a High stick what about the 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct..That was a huge dive...What a joke the league is...They let the Rangers get away with murder. Man I love hockey but this is a joke. A huge crosscheck by the Rangers with about 20 seconds to go and no call...Hmmmmm makes you wonder who the NHL want to move on...Ottawa or Cindy and the Pens....Devils or Rangers, Dallas or Ducks....Sharks or Flames...It's all about large market share and it makes me sick...Sorry for the vent but enough of this crap please...Maybe that's not the way but it sure looks like it...
    Big Market means, big TV, means big money and we know the NHL needs large viewership in the USA as the deal with Verus and NBC is up for renewal at the end of the playoffs. The NHL doesn't care about the Canadian market.
    Last edited by Baxter; 04-11-2008 at 10:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Baxter
    Spezza seemed hurt or something, but did play better than Game 1. Heatley on the other is playing way to soft..I know he is a soft player but I have never seen him play this soft. It's like he's afraid to get hit or have his jersey get dirty.
    Wonder what it is with Gerber trying to go post to post? Seems to be a little slow doing this? But he still played a great game....

You know it's bad when you have the guys doing TV says "McAmmond is hooked going to the net and play goes on " this happens with about 2.45 left in the 3rd. That hook is called and there is no highstick.Maybe a different out come..No it would have been the same out come..Ottawa would have been called on something to even it up...that you could bet on.
    I was surprised it was not that bad in the Montreal Game last night..Perhaps the NHL will let those Teams play and who ever wins,wins, both are good size markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bullis View Post
    Spezza seemed hurt or something, but did play better than Game 1. Heatley on the other is playing way to soft..I know he is a soft player but I have never seen him play this soft. It's like he's afraid to get hit or have his jersey get dirty.
    Wonder what it is with Gerber trying to go post to post? Seems to be a little slow doing this? But he still played a great game....

You know it's bad when you have the guys doing TV says "McAmmond is hooked going to the net and play goes on " this happens with about 2.45 left in the 3rd. That hook is called and there is no highstick.Maybe a different out come..No it would have been the same out come..Ottawa would have been called on something to even it up...that you could bet on.
    I was surprised it was not that bad in the Montreal Game last night..Perhaps the NHL will let those Teams play and who ever wins,wins, both are good size markets.

cant say it any better. its getting to be quite a joke!
    Crosby/Ovechkin 2nd round.... hummm how nice would that be for u.s. tv ratings!?

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    you can't really complain about the mcammond hook, what about the slash on malkin when he was gong to the net?

it is pretty rediculous to think th NHL has mandated that refs penalize teams in such as way as to get certain market match ups. frankly that, to me, is just plain old whining

Baxter
    you can't really complain about the mcammond hook, what about the slash on malkin when he was gong to the net?

it is pretty rediculous to think th NHL has mandated that refs penalize teams in such as way as to get certain market match ups. frankly that, to me, is just plain old whining

I would say you are wrong on those two plays. There were many more infractions that were not called on both sides and that was OK as it looked like the Refs were going to allow the game to be played that way. But than wham. they controled the out come of the game.

It's not rediculous to think it at all, just like you can can think it is......What would be rediculous is if it were TRUE....

No whinning just pointing out what I saw....

Sorry that I was able to argue with you....It's just to easy to see what type of poster you are. Always looking to fight with people on these boards .

You have a great night and enjoy the Leaf Games on The Classic Channel or what ever they call it...

Pitt scored 3 Power play goals on 9 Chances - Ottawa scored 1 on 4 Powerplays...hmmmm

Pitt had 15 shots on 9 Power plays - Pitt had 1 - 5 on 3 for 3 shots

Ott had 4 shots on 4 Power Play - Ott had 0 - 5 on 3

Final Shots on Goal
    Pitt 54 Ott 30

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar

I don't think so at all. You see it in the NBA all the time. Lakers get calls that Utah doesn't because the NBA makes more money if the lakers make the final. Its n't ridic to think the NHL does the same thing.. not to me anyway
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

well we can say...what if, what if, what about that all night....but its pritty clear to quite a few people that there were quite a few missed calls in the third....but with 1:30 left in the game the refs show up again. With no dought you call the high stick you call that swan dive also! just seems to be certan calls at key times to certain teams. take is as you will, its a business and in business $$$ is the most important thing! to me its happening a little to much to say im just "whining"

Baxter
    well we can say...what if, what if, what about that all night....but its pritty clear to quite a few people that there were quite a few missed calls in the third....but with 1:30 left in the game the refs show up again. With no dought you call the high stick you call that swan dive also! just seems to be certan calls at key times to certain teams. take is as you will, its a business and in business $$$ is the most important thing! to me its happening a little to much to say im just "whining"
    You are 100% correct just happening way to often.

I'm sorry but I am watching the Av's vs. Wild and the Wild are up 2-1 with a 1:09 left in the 3rd and guess what...The Av's are now going on the Power Play on a terrible call....Terrible

Baxter
    Guess who just scored to tie the game up???

Av's did with 37 seconds left in the 3rd....a huge thank you to the Refs

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar

What slash on Malkin??? The play where Mezaros finally made a good play by taking away his stick on the break away? If that's the one you're referring to then you need to have a look at it again.

I am pretty impartial about all of this and what's being said in this thread tonight is pretty close to accurate despite the board being pro-Ottawa (it is an Ottawa board after all)... there were one or two calls that could have been made in the minute or two leading up to the Lapointe penalty. No doubt that it was a penalty, but it is easy to see how Senator fans would be upset with some of the non calls on Pittsburgh.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

consiparcy theorist abound here tonight.

refs miss calls a lot, or make calls.

what is nuts is thinking the LEAGUE has mandated it.

WOW nutso

Bouche
    Im not a sens fan but I cant even watch them play anymore because they are so out of sync. its ugly how bad their defense is and I think commodore needs to grow his hair back because this short hair thing aint working for him. Go Leafs! Go Golfing!

I love when fans resort to blaming it on the Refs

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    Matt,

I almost fell for the troll. Leave it be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Ignore the posts that are just aimed at inciting more hateful posts. In fact if you just ignore them the trolls will vanish, or start even more stupid posts and get banned, again...

Yes the Sens did not play well, and hopefully they can pick it up.

So you are warned twice....

I ma happy with the discussion that results for sure. Jst saying that if you do not want to rad it, don't but do not ask or imply that i should not post my comments. why must this be love in for the sens? it is a discussion the 2008 nhl playoffs is it not. well my comments are directly related to the game played.

Then he admits it....

Then throws in another jab....

I would say you are wrong on those two plays. There were many more infractions that were not called on both sides and that was OK as it looked like the Refs were going to allow the game to be played that way. But than wham. they controled the out come of the game.

It's not rediculous to think it at all, just like you can can think it is......What would be rediculous is if it were TRUE....

No whinning just pointing out what I saw....

Sorry that I was able to argue with you....It's just to easy to see what type of poster you are. Always looking to fight with people on these boards .

You have a great night and enjoy the Leaf Games on The Classic Channel or what ever they call it...

Pitt scored 3 Power play goals on 9 Chances - Ottawa scored 1 on 4 Powerplays...hmmmm

Pitt had 15 shots on 9 Power plays - Pitt had 1 - 5 on 3 for 3 shots

Ott had 4 shots on 4 Power Play - Ott had 0 - 5 on 3

Final Shots on Goal
    Pitt 54 Ott 30

One reply....

Two replies....

consiparcy theorist abound here tonight.

refs miss calls a lot, or make calls.

what is nuts is thinking the LEAGUE has mandated it.

WOW nutso

And another jab......guys just let it go. Quit feeding his fire. I can practically see and hear him giggling at his computer.

"Hmmmm, what can I post today to rile up the Sens fans???"

Let it go guys, let it go. Don't stoop to their level. Have you seen what this discussion has come to? Conspiracy theories? Seriously now, come on. There is no conspiracy. The Sens are a bad team right now, plain and simple. Me, one of the harshest Sens critics around has realized this, why can't the rest of you. Quit arguing with a Leaf fan who has nothing better to do.

And for the record, the US really doesn't give a crap about the NHL in general. Other than NY, Phi, Chi, Det, the rest of the markets are considered small. Bos is a fringe market. Sure the NHL is trying to broaden their appeal, but when you fall behind bowling in TV rankings you're losing an uphill battle. So let's stop with the conspiracy theories......please!!!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    Im not a sens fan but I cant even watch them play anymore because they are so out of sync. its ugly how bad their defense is and I think commodore needs to grow his hair back because this short hair thing aint working for him. Go Leafs! Go Golfing!

I love when fans resort to blaming it on the Refs
    I would agree on his hair..maybe it would help.

Not a Fan for Ottawa, Boston fan. But over all a Hockey Fan..the Refs are ruining the game...That's all. They are Terrible..They are lucky I'm not playing or they would be eating a slapshot..I don't know how these player take it...

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    I can deal with falling behind bowling, it's the Bass Masters that aggrivates me!

Fallys
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post

Let it go guys, let it go. Don't stoop to their level. Have you seen what this discussion has come to? Conspiracy theories? Seriously now, come on. There is no conspiracy. The Sens are a bad team right now, plain and simple. Me, one of the harshest Sens critics around has realized this, why can't the rest of you. Quit arguing with a Leaf fan who has nothing better to do.

And for the record, the US really doesn't give a crap about the NHL in general. Other than NY, Phi, Chi, Det, the rest of the markets are considered small. Bos is a fringe market. Sure the NHL is trying to broaden their appeal, but when you fall behind bowling in TV rankings you're losing an uphill battle. So let's stop with the conspiracy theories......please!!!
    Dont really think its conspiracy Geoff.....but more just the refs calls and not just the Ottawa/Pitts series but almost every game. The way professional sports are going these days just think $$$ is more important than the sport itself! Better to argue with him than my GF...but if you want me to stop I will...dont want to make the team captain mad! wow I need to get out golfing!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Dont really think its conspiracy Geoff.....but more just the refs calls and not just the Ottawa/Pitts series but almost every game. The way professional sports are going these days just think $$$ is more important than the sport itself! Better to argue with him than my GF...but if you want me to stop I will...dont want to make the team captain mad! wow I need to get out golfing!

Argue away if you want, but argue about something legitimate.....for instance how poorly the Sens are playing. Keep it to something factual rather than something fictional.

But in all honesty, even if the NHL was attempting this, and got the final match up they wanted, it really wouldn't help their ratings against the big three: NFL/College Football, NBA/NCAA B-ball and MLB. Hockey just isn't high on the americans radar. Unless you are speaking of individual markets, but as a whole, the NHL is severely lacking in interest.

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic: How about those Sens?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Come on boys, the refs are controlling which team makes the next round? Did the Refs control the fact that the Pens fired 53 shots on goal last night against the Sens? Somehow I doubt that.

Calls are missed, calls are made. Some calls made are borderline. Some things that should be called are let go. For both teams.

Hey Iginla crashes the net in Game 1 against my Sharks, knocks Nabokov on his butt, then continues on and takes the net off the peg. Was the puck across the line after the net went off? Damn close. But it was ruled it was a goal by the powers to be in Toronto. No goalie interference call made.

Detroit wins 3-1. Did anyone else notice the trip Zetterberg pulled off on the Preds player before he got the pass and scored the winning goal? I am sure you saw it if you watch the game. How did that not get called?

I am not defending the Refs. But I would not want that job. Nor do I think the league has mandated them to decide who moves on after the first round of the playoffs. The teams that move on are the ones who play hard, score goals and get some bounces.

Not to be rude but face the facts if you are an Ottawa Fan. Your team has been in the tank since Christmas. It's pretty tough for a team to go into the playoffs not scoring goals then flip the switch and score in the playoffs.

I have always said it doesn't matter where you finish in the regular season, as long as you make the playoffs. However I know from experience (2006, Edmonton took out my Sharks) that some teams elevate their game during the playoffs. They take out top seeds. Or in reverse, Top Seeds dominate their first rounds, as they should.

I have not watched every minute of the Pen/Sens games. But what I did watch I saw the Pens controlling the puck. We all know the team that does that wins the game.

I realize Sens fans will be disappointed if their team is eliminated. Hey I will feel the same way if the Sharks are knocked out in the first round. But that is hockey. It happens every year. When it does it is time to go golfing But do not blame the refs, blame your team for playing like crap!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Gerber played really well last night. His rebound control is still crappy and is lateral movement is brutal, how many one timers will Sykora score, but he was by far the best sen on the ice last night. The third and fourth lines saved them because the defense was still awful and Spezza, Heatley and Stillman are nowhere to be found. Would be nice if one of those guys would step up with all of these injuries.

As for the post regarding Emery and my opinion of Gerber, make your point but back it up. Say something intelligent like Emery may cover more net but his vertical movement is lacking or even though he maybe more technically sound but is attitude disrupts the the dressing room. I've gotten in trouble on this site for being to aggressive more times then I can remember but as soon as I see a post that says, "God i wish ppl would think about what they post before they do the well i like this guy so put him in, stop raggin on the goalie" it makes me want to come right through the screen. Gerber finally had a great game, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who knows hockey who will agree with the Sens move to pick him up has their number one goalie a few years ago. He had one good season in Carolina, whith no playoff success and has yet to put a string of good games together since being in Ottawa. A few good games here and there but nothing consistent. Emery was amazing last season and in the playoffs, he's just an a-hole and sometimes that can be just as bad as being crappy like Gerber. Murray is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Play the better goalie and put up with his crap or play the weaker and put up with his limited abilities.

[quote=dbleber;247416]The third and fourth lines saved them because the defense was still awful and Spezza, Heatley and Stillman are nowhere to be found. Would be nice if one of those guys would step up with all of these injuries.

quote]

yes exactly. specially heatley, $10 million dollar man, has to be more. scoring goals in the regular season is great, but he is paid as a franchise player, has to take a hit, get dirty, put the team on his back and go.

look no further then Pittsburgh and malkin, arguably the best player in the league goes down with injury, and what happens, malkin steps in and up and drags the team along with him to a 2nd seed in the playoffs. even with crosby back, he is still leading along. this is what the sens do not have. with alfie out, these other guys have to step up, big time. to me, if i was sens management i would be greatly disappointed in many players, but heatley takes the top right now.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Gerber played really well last night. His rebound control is still crappy and is lateral movement is brutal, how many one timers will Sykora score, but he was by far the best sen on the ice last night. The third and fourth lines saved them because the defense was still awful and Spezza, Heatley and Stillman are nowhere to be found. Would be nice if one of those guys would step up with all of these injuries.

As for the post regarding Emery and my opinion of Gerber, make your point but back it up. Say something intelligent like Emery may cover more net but his vertical movement is lacking or even though he maybe more technically sound but is attitude disrupts the the dressing room. I've gotten in trouble on this site for being to aggressive more times then I can remember but as soon as I see a post that says, "God i wish ppl would think about what they post before they do the well i like this guy so put him in, stop raggin on the goalie" it makes me want to come right through the screen. Gerber finally had a great game, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who knows hockey who will agree with the Sens move to pick him up has their number one goalie a few years ago. He had one good season in Carolina, whith no playoff success and has yet to put a string of good games together since being in Ottawa. A few good games here and there but nothing consistent. Emery was amazing last season and in the playoffs, he's just an a-hole and sometimes that can be just as bad as being crappy like Gerber. Murray is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Play the better goalie and put up with his crap or play the weaker and put up with his limited abilities.
    Of course, you can never predict what would have happened if Emery was in the net instead of Gerber for these two games, but do you honestly think that we would have won Game 1 with Emery? After all, we scored 0 goals. And Game 2? Dear God, the Penguins would have scored 8 or 10 goals. We asked for a goaltender to keep us in games and give us chance. Well, 53 shots later, we were in the game. SCORE A F'ING GOAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    You are 100% correct just happening way to often.

I'm sorry but I am watching the Av's vs. Wild and the Wild are up 2-1 with a 1:09 left in the 3rd and guess what...The Av's are now going on the Power Play on a terrible call....Terrible
    If you do not think that preventing Smyth from getting to that puck, with the goaltender down, by tackling him, then we are right back where we started before the lockout with the "you have to bleed" mentality for penalty calls.

Why can't players be more responsibly positioned? That's all it takes. And don't ever EVER have your stick horizontal to the ice...maybe NHLers really are a bunch of retarded jocks...

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    Of course, you can never predict what would have happened if Emery was in the net instead of Gerber for these two games, but do you honestly think that we would have won Game 1 with Emery? After all, we scored 0 goals. And Game 2? Dear God, the Penguins would have scored 8 or 10 goals. We asked for a goaltender to keep us in games and give us chance. Well, 53 shots later, we were in the game. SCORE A F'ING GOAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think that when a goalie lets in 2 bad goals right at the start of the game itn puts the team down mentally, they lose confidence and become frustrated. That was Gerber in Game 1. Would we have won in game 1 with emery. maybe not I can't predict the past but i think he would have stopped the first two goals and that would have changed the flow of the game.

Game 2 I already said that Gerber was the best Sen on the ice, but lets see if he can do it again in Game 3.

In the end it really doesn't matter ebcause as long as your 3rd and 4th lines are leading the way, your screwed in the long term.

You guys seem to like Gerber, well good on you it looks like that's working good so far . I like Emery but it doesn't matter because murray won't give him a chance. At the end of the day Ottawa is still left with two better then average back up goalies and no number one.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Argue away if you want, but argue about something legitimate.....for instance how poorly the Sens are playing. Keep it to something factual rather than something fictional.

But in all honesty, even if the NHL was attempting this, and got the final match up they wanted, it really wouldn't help their ratings against the big three: NFL/College Football, NBA/NCAA B-ball and MLB. Hockey just isn't high on the americans radar. Unless you are speaking of individual markets, but as a whole, the NHL is severely lacking in interest.

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic: How about those Sens?
    cant argue the fact that the sens are playing poorly...yes they are! But still had a chance to win that game last night!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    That was a High stick what about the 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct..That was a huge dive...What a joke the league is...They let the Rangers get away with murder. Man I love hockey but this is a joke. A huge crosscheck by the Rangers with about 20 seconds to go and no call...Hmmmmm makes you wonder who the NHL want to move on...Ottawa or Cindy and the Pens....Devils or Rangers, Dallas or Ducks....Sharks or Flames...It's all about large market share and it makes me sick...Sorry for the vent but enough of this crap please...Maybe that's not the way but it sure looks like it...
    Big Market means, big TV, means big money and we know the NHL needs large viewership in the USA as the deal with Verus and NBC is up for renewal at the end of the playoffs. The NHL doesn't care about the Canadian market.

Gee why bother playing 82 games to see who makes the playoffs if "THE LEAGUE" has already decided who will play in the Stanley Cup Finals? Seems like a huge waste of time to me. Have a pre season warm up, a few games and then put the two Stanley Cup Final teams on the ice and let's go for the CUP.

MLB, NBA, NFL and you might as well include the PGA, LPGA, Nationwide Tour and Nascar likely operate on the same principal. Oh yeah and don't forget the US College sporting events. All fixed like the Pro Sports Leagues are.

"Note to all competitors in the field of the 2008 Masters Tournament. Please allow Tiger Woods to win this event, no matter how badly he is putting. The PG TOUR wants him to win the first leg of the Grand Slam so it will create interest for the rest of the Majors in 2008. We all know that no one will watch THE US OPEN, THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP or THE PGA if Woods does not have a shot the the Grand Slam. So please, let him win The Masters.
    Signed Your Commish Tim "
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post

Gee why bother playing 82 games to see who makes the playoffs if "THE LEAGUE" has already decided who will play in the Stanley Cup Finals? Seems like a huge waste of time to me. Have a pre season warm up, a few games and then put the two Stanley Cup Final teams on the ice and let's go for the CUP.

MLB, NBA, NFL and you might as well include the PGA, LPGA, Nationwide Tour and Nascar likely operate on the same principal. Oh yeah and don't forget the US College sporting events. All fixed like the Pro Sports Leagues are.

"Note to all competitors in the field of the 2008 Masters Tournament. Please allow Tiger Woods to win this event, no matter how badly he is putting. The PG TOUR wants him to win the first leg of the Grand Slam so it will create interest for the rest of the Majors in 2008. We all know that no one will watch THE US OPEN, THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP or THE PGA if Woods does not have a shot the the Grand Slam. So please, let him win The Masters.
    Signed Your Commish Tim "
    Sincerely Yours,

A true San Jose Sharks Fan..........living in St. Thomas, Ontario, CANADA...........
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Baxter
    It's terrible that the Refs can CONTROL a game as much as they do...There job is to manage the game and that they do...When a Team is up by 2 or 3 the other team sits in the box for 2 min...we have all seen this ...when a team is up the Refs are looking for the Team that is leading to do something wrong..The losing Team can get away with a lot when down by 2 or more.. kind of funny how that happens.....Good Luck is needed for what ever Team you are cheering for with these guys.

Thread Information