100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfott View Post
    and i dare you to find fault with my post, .
    the fault with your post is Gerber was the ONLY one who played well. .
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    that was exactly my point.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    This thread was started to get a bit of rallying behind Ottawa for the play-offs, now if you don't like that , maybe you can start your own thread ?
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Matt,

I almost fell for the troll. Leave it be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    Ya Ottawa played a poor game.... so whats your point? Why is it that the people that dont like or dont care about this team are the first one's to comment on there poor play. Watch TSN, watch the Devels/Rangers game if you dont like Ottawa's play. I think most people don't think Ottawa is going to do much...but there hope and they have the chance. So we cheer them on.
    Somthing I was taught in Kindergarden..."if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all." And it seems to me you never have anything nice to say!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Ignore the posts that are just aimed at inciting more hateful posts. In fact if you just ignore them the trolls will vanish, or start even more stupid posts and get banned, again...

Yes the Sens did not play well, and hopefully they can pick it up.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Ok--we have been away---WHEN DID THEY REPLACE THE COACH ? ---too little too late this year guys Back to the drawing board
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    What a bad hockey game last night. Both teams were poor. Gerber kept Ottawa in the game for sure and if the Pens actually play to their potential, the Sens have no chance.

Fisher is replaceable. Kelly is replaceable but without Alfie, the Sens are LOST!!!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I thought both teams played poorly and the goalies (and goal posts) made the difference. I don't think we heard the names of the big boys from the Pens mentioned more than half a dozen times.
    The Sens miss Alfie but the fact that he is on the trip makes me think he is not hurt as bad as they are saying. If he was, he would be at home woring with the physiotherapist I believe.

Don't count the Sens out until the fat lady sings and she hasn't even started to warm up yet
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    The positive that I took from the game last night is that the Sens pretty much played as poorly as they could have possibly played (with the exception of Gerber who I thought played GREAT).

In my eyes that was basically a 2-0 game so if the Sens can marginally improve they should be right there. If a bounce or two goes their way they can easily come away with a split which would be HUGE.

Come on boys lets step it up and get her done.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Never ceases to amaze me just how much hate their is for the Ottawa Senators out there, on this board, on the hockey board I post on, on TSN, Sportsnet, CBC, the American networks, the Ottawa Citizen. We lost a hockey game and didn't play well, we'll be back (not necessarily this post season) but it seems more people get more enjoyment out of our losing than their own teams winning. There always seems to be an angle to attack the Senators organization and their fans. I swear that some hear, "a nasty hit in the Ottawa game"..."who was hit"...."Alfredsson"...."Ohhh that was a beautiful hit" but if it had been...."Shanahan by Neil"...."throw the book at him, what a cheap-shot artist". The hatred is do bad that objectivity for some people goes right out of the window when the Senators are concerned. Pathetic.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfott View Post
    I would ask that you take a page from your own book. If you don't like what i have to say, don't read it.

thank you
    You post here to get a reaction, plain and simple. I think you're getting the appropirate reaction.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    What was good to see last night was that the Pens fans did not revel in Volchenkov's injury, as a certain team's fans did when Alfredsson went down with injury last week. Pen's fans knew it was serious and were respectful.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    What was good to see last night was that the Pens fans did not revel in Volchenkov's injury, as a certain team's fans did when Alfredsson went down with injury last week. Pen's fans knew it was serious and were respectful.
    Not all of us.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    To be fair, there is plenty of schadenfreude around here where the Leafs are concerned. If you can dish it out, you better be able to take it as well.

I ma happy with the discussion that results for sure. Jst saying that if you do not want to rad it, don't but do not ask or imply that i should not post my comments. why must this be love in for the sens? it is a discussion the 2008 nhl playoffs is it not. well my comments are directly related to the game played.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    You post here to get a reaction, plain and simple. I think you're getting the appropirate reaction.

well said

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    To be fair, there is plenty of schadenfreude around here where the Leafs are concerned. If you can dish it out, you better be able to take it as well.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    there is plenty of schadenfreude around here
    Ya schadenfreude!! (I had to look it up ) Good word, I'm going to use that as much as I can for the rest of the playoffs.

Regardless of what happens with the Sens/Pens we still get to watch our team have yet another playoff run. It might seem a bit subdued right now, but wait until Monday when the Sens are back on home ice. The whole city will be right nutty with excitement.

The team certainly isn't performing the way it has in past years, but so what. Win or lose I'm glad we still have a reason to watch and hope for a 'miracle on ice'.

Anyone who says different is full of schadenfreude.

Sens in 7 baby!!!!!
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    The Sens will need to crank it up about 20 or so notches to have a chance in this series. Gerber played very well as did Fleury. I think Redden and Commodore both had an awful night to say the least. Hopefully they will at least show up to play tomorrow night.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    Never ceases to amaze me just how much hate their is for the Ottawa Senators out there, on this board, on the hockey board I post on, on TSN, Sportsnet, CBC, the American networks, the Ottawa Citizen. We lost a hockey game and didn't play well, we'll be back (not necessarily this post season) but it seems more people get more enjoyment out of our losing than their own teams winning. There always seems to be an angle to attack the Senators organization and their fans. I swear that some hear, "a nasty hit in the Ottawa game"..."who was hit"...."Alfredsson"...."Ohhh that was a beautiful hit" but if it had been...."Shanahan by Neil"...."throw the book at him, what a cheap-shot artist". The hatred is do bad that objectivity for some people goes right out of the window when the Senators are concerned. Pathetic.
    The lack of objectivity goes both ways. Fact of the matter is that about 70% of the hits in the NHL are not clean body checks with someone's hands getting up around someone elses face. Hell, even Spezza has had a few nasty ones and he's one of the least likely face rubbers.

As a Leafs fan, I hear people rag on Darcy Tucker all the time for being basically useless and a crier. The unfortunate realization that should be made by the Sens fans saying all of this, is that Chris Neil is no different.

But that's just one example of the lack of objectivity. As I mentioned in the previous thread, we'll all just have to agree to disagree.

I will say however, I'd love to see Pittsburgh vs. Montreal for the final in the East. That would be great hockey.

Fally
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark View Post
    The Sens will need to crank it up about 20 or so notches to have a chance in this series. Gerber played very well as did Fleury. I think Redden and Commodore both had an awful night to say the least. Hopefully they will at least show up to play tomorrow night.

Hate to say it but Redden and Commodore havn't showed for a game in the last month. Sens are in trouble, there defense is lacking and they dont have Alfy. They have no chance at winning this series.

Penguins in 4 possibly 5 if Heatley can put a couple in one game.

Oh ya! and Lapointe will be on the first line for game 2. lol theres another mistake.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    Oh ya! and Lapointe will be on the first line for game 2. lol theres another mistake.
    I think you'll be eating those words tomorrow. I think it's a brilliant move. That line was crap last night because they couldn't generate a forechek or a cycle. They couldn't get their hands on the puck most of the game. Lapointe will generate space and turnovers for these guys. Beauty move by Murray.

Bouche
    He is not a first line player though. He looked tired last game and wasnt generating much speed in the neutral zone by the third period. I personally dont think its a good call but we will see tonight. Risk-Reward call by Murray for sure. Its needed.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    He is not a first line player though. He looked tired last game and wasnt generating much speed in the neutral zone by the third period. I personally dont think its a good call but we will see tonight. Risk-Reward call by Murray for sure. Its needed.
    Ya, I definitely agree that it's not ideal, but short of moving Vermette or Stillman up to the first line and leaving the second entirely impotent, I think this is the best move they can make for the first line. Lapointe at least showed some heart last game, and played hard. You do make a good point about tiredness though. It will be interesting to see whether they rotate in someone like Foligno or Bass for the occasional shift, just to help keep the old guy rested.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Lapointe at least showed some heart last game, and played hard. You do make a good point about tiredness though.
    I agree,at this point why not give him a try on the first line. If it works out, great, if not, so what, nobody else is doing anything anyway.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    The lack of objectivity goes both ways.
    Of course it can but I am noticing an inordinate amount of hate for the Senators, where people seem to be blinded by hate.

I don't like the Leafs, sorry, I will make no bones about it. However, I am objective enough to enter a discussion and actually defend them if they have been hard done to, or to congratulate them on a good play, goal or whatever.

I just see so many (on this site an others), that as soon as they discuss the Senators they are itching to get the words "no heart" "no grit" and "chokers" in whether it accurately reflects the issues or not.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Not sure what the big deal about people calling a spade a spade. I live in Ottawa, I'm a Sens fan and they palyed like crap. Their defence is sloppy, Commadore is brutal and not because he pinched on that one play but because he is weak on the puck in our end. Redden is by far the worse D on the team with the biggest salary. Their whole back end play horrible on the offensive blueline. Fowards working hard down low but nobody is able to keep th epuck in to keep the pressure. The only one that played well was Lee, I think he has real potential. Up front they looked confused. Heatley and Spezza are playing 4 on 5 because they have no one who can support them. I thought Neils line was the only one that played well. Gerber is garbage, period. He has awful rebound control, his angles are awful and he seems like he cannot find the puck. Murray needs to let go of the pride and put Emery in. His attitude sucks but I think he is a better goalie. Has better technique, he's bigger and has more spunk. I don't think the Sens can keep up with the Pens and with the poor defensive play the Pens are able to take advantage.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Totally agree with dbleber except for the Emery situation. I am a total Sens fan and hope they win the series, but I'm not holding my breath. Their back end is awful. I figured Commodore would come around but.....nope! Volchenkov is the best defenceman followed closely by Lee. I hope Lapointe does well on the top line but if not I hope they put Vermette up there with them and Neil's line should then become the number 2 line. Maybe we'll get a few goals at least. That would be nice.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Gerber is garbage, period. He has awful rebound control, his angles are awful and he seems like he cannot find the puck. Murray needs to let go of the pride and put Emery in. His attitude sucks but I think he is a better goalie. Has better technique, he's bigger and has more spunk.
    WHOOAAA! Gerber was the shining light in that game the other night. The team plays better infront of Gerber than they do Emery as they are too worried about defensive coverage rather than offense when Emery is in. I've said it way too many times on this board that they are more focussed on blocking the shots FOR Ray. And with Volchenkov questionable, that would be the worst move Murray could make.

Anyone in hockey would tell you that Murray should've dished Emery ANYWHERE they could've at the trade deadline. Well, anyone will tell you that other than Gary Galley maybe lol...I have no idea what that guy's smoking. Hell, even Paddock came out to say he should've dealt with all of that differently.

Gerber > Emery. Don't let last year fool you. Emery was exposed so bad last year in the finals it's unreal.

Fallys
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

3 Wood smithers40 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Gerber is garbage, period. He has awful rebound control, his angles are awful and he seems like he cannot find the puck.

WHAT? yeh he should put emery in id enjoy losing 12-0 instead for sure! some ppl need to let this love of emery go cuz he was the goalie that was in the net for the run...he had NOTHING to do with it...hes not any good!!! Yeh gerbs might have rebound issues but seriously hes not the only goalie in the leage...infact emery does as well...as well as cant move laterally or do anything else well. God i wish ppl would think about what they post before they do the well i like this guy so put him in, stop raggin on the goalie...no one be puttin the puck in the back of the net...if we lose 8-7 maybe blame the goalie...OH WAIT did we lose 7-6 to the sabres in the playoffs...i think mr emery was in for that game too!

well, better effort tonight. Gerber still great and the third and fourth lines came through nicely. too bad the first line is stil non existant for the sens. what is up with heatly? spezza? not much happening with them

Thread Information